“Centro - Al Barsha”
Review of Centro Barsha

Centro Barsha
Ranked #92 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Overall service was above average, though at certain times the service was sub-standard. This occurred especially during meals and while at the bar. To have a fully stocked bar, where the bartenders have NO idea how to make a Vodka Martini (I had to explain it to them), was amazing to me. Front Desk staff where excellent, very accommodating and helpful.

Wireless access, in a hotel this pricey, should be gratis. It wasn't and was expensive. Connection speed was above average.

Location wasn't bad for our purposes - the only point of interest close by was the Mall of the Emirates, but access to bus lines and cabs was good, and I felt as though we had easy access to a variety of other locations.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing the Centro Barsha Dubai on TripAdvisors and pass on your comments which have been all noted. We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon at Centro Barsha Dubai.

Best regards

Sherif Makdour

Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed December 22, 2012

The hotel is situated in Al Barsha area, which is away from the "in" districts of Dubai. The Metro is within walking distance, as is the Mall of The Emirates. For a few days stopover it is ideal. Cheap by Dubai standards, well furnished with all amenities. Good breakfast, deli counter and internet. Staff professional and courteous.......really no reason to pay the extortionate rates for a view of the beach !!!! Would certainly go back, great sleep.

Room Tip: Don't buy the internet package it is a rip off.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your reviewing at Centro Barsha Dubai on TripAdvisors. We are glad to hear that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon at Centro Barsha Dubai.

Best regards

Reviewed December 16, 2012

this is my 7th stay in this hotel and honestly saying this is one of the best hotel where i had ever stayed. all the hotel staff are very friendly and they are the real asset of this hotel. normally i got thr rooms for good prizes but this time it was very expensive. other then that every thing is very fine and i will recomed this hotel to all

• Stayed: December 2012
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for choosing the Centro Barsha Dubai and I was pleased to know that your stay with us is very comfortable & enjoyable one.

It is our goal to maintain the highest standards of service to all our guests and we appreciate you having taken the time to write to us. It is only from feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our facilities and services.

Thank you once again and we do look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your guests to our hotel in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was a family holiday where we booked 2 rooms for close to a week. The mall was close to the mall of the Emriates just about 10 mins walking or a minimum of 10 dhms taxi.

The check in was quick though as I learnt from other TA comments they ask for a 500 DHS deposit for each room on check in. Luckily I was prepared and kept the extra money for this. The hotel is otherwise real value for money, in every way. They have a lovely breakfast spread and a nice bar.

They have a roof top pool where where I spent many mornings with my 2.5 year old daughter soaking in some sun and playing in the water. The staff around the pool are very good so kudos to them.

A special mention for housekeeping as due to a gap between the basin in the bathroom and the mirror ( which I find odd ) my very expensive Armani perfume fell while they were cleaning the bathroom room and the edge of the bottle had a big chip. I would never have noticed it till later if not for the cleaning boy who let me know on his own when I returned to the hotel. An excellent level of honesty for what was nothing but a small honest accident. Good job.

A special mentiion to the security head of the hotel who was always at the entrance and ever helpful calling for cabs or having staff help with bags as the hotel has no concierge. And with the amount of shopping bags we returned with every day, we needed all they help we could get :)

I will certainely consider satying with this hotel again. I stayed here from the 19th to the 24th of November 2012.

Room Tip: Well the problem is they have 2 views the lobby or the outside. If you want a view call for rooms fa...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vmahajan
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Reviewer

I am pleased to read your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us and would like to thank you for sharing these on a tripadvisors. We are happy as well that our colleagues provided a good service to our valued guest. We will make sure that your stay will be always a memorable one and enjoyable. Once again thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stay in this hotel regularly and always go back because it's the perfect choice to use as a base for exploring Dubai and Abu Dhabi at a very reasonable price.
Usually when you stay in 3* hotel, it's rare to get a really very good all round experience but Centro Barsha is an excellent hotel with great staff and nice location.
Good access to shopping Malls, beaches, attractions and the overall service always makes me return.
I will give you my truthful opinion on the pros and cons of staying here:
The classic rooms are small and compact and quite basic, although you do get a fridge
There is LCD TV in every room on the wall, close to the bed and has lots of channels so perfect.
There is a wardrobe; it's a compact "hanging area" with 6 hangers and an iron board with iron and a hair dryer as well.
Hotel is providing a kettle and basic amenities like coffee, milk, sugar and drinking water (complimentary)
There is a safety box in each room & easy to operate.
The bed and the pillows are really comfortable.
The room is always SPOTLESSLY clean and the bed linen changed every day! The room cleaners in this hotel are such hard workers.
The fridge is small and sometimes not working properly.
There is a little supermarket 2 minutes’ walk.
There are vending machines on roof top close to the gym reception where you can buy water, crisps and sweets.
Tea, coffee, sugar, milk are filled every day and there are 2 cups and a kettle to use.
If you ordered food from outside, you can take plates from the restaurant but you have to go down to bring up because it’s a self-service hotel.
There is a basic but comfortable chair next to the bed with a small round table
You don’t need an adaptor because a universal plug is already there
There is Wi-Fi but it’s not free actually very expensive.
The window does open a little but not advisable during hot months.
The rooms have Air Conditioners and you can control the temp...
The bathroom is walk in shower, but again, so clean. They provide shower gel, soap, shampoo and a few towels.
If you call the operator just ensure you speak clearly as sometimes the communication can be difficult on the phone. You may ask for towels and get a trolley.
The laundry service is very efficient and they deliver it back to you but be cautious if you give them garments with delicate fabrics.
There are plenty of lifts and the lobby is normally a quiet place.
Restaurant: It's O K, always same food and they close at 23:00.
Shop: open 24/7 ! You can have some juices, tea, coffee, croissant, cake and a few other options.
The breakfast has lots of choice
I don't eat dinner there.
The bar is small in size & they offer drinks package and it's really good value. The alcohol prices are average for Dubai and you always get a friendly crowd in the bar and the staff are lovely, attentive and very friendly you can spend hours with them!
The Bar always show only the Football events on the big screens, so if you love Football have no fear as you won't miss a thing but if you are interested in other sports then please find another place.
Another great thing is the swimming pool: It's located on the roof and has some GREAT guys looking after you up there. The pool is not huge but it's clean and cool with nice sun beds surrounding. Towels are provided too!
There is a gym too for the guest!
The check in can sometimes be slow if it's busy but it's not usually a problem.
They are happy to store luggage if you have a later flight.
Trust me that there is NO CONCIERGE but security staff are very helpful and informative, they will always help you with your luggage or if you need a taxi just ask them.
You can book attractions and trips directly with the hotel.
There are usually Taxi's outside, although sometimes you may have to wait but don’t take the private taxi’s because they are very expensive.
I would definitely recommend CENTRO BARSHA to all travellers.

4  Thank Lowaye B
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Reviewer

I would like to thank you for choosing the Centro Barsha Dubai and I was pleased to hear that your stay with us was both comfortable and enjoyable.

Thank you once again and we do look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is the best hotel for the best price that I've come across in Dubai, and I come at least once or twice a year. I will definitely stay here again, and I've already recommended it to friends. What I particularly liked:
1) Location: just behind the Mall of the Emirates, walking distance.
2) Price: excellent value for money. And the decor is lovely. Atmosphere is friendly and cosy.
3) Wi-fi: I only needed it for checking emails for my work purposes, so I liked the idea of having a choice of plan - you can choose as little as 30 minutes (or x number of hours) with a reasonable price to match. The bandwidth is enough to give a decent speed.
4) The Deli market: great for when you want just a snack (sandwiches, salads, fruit, potato chips, cakes, juices and soft drinks, etc.) instead of going for a restaurant meal. Everything is very fresh, and the sandwich and salad I had were delicious. They also offer a selection of toiletries in case you've forgotten anything. Some friends joined me one evening for dinner at the restaurant--again, the food and service were both very good indeed.
5) Iron and ironing board in the room - very handy. I wouldn't have had to bring my travel iron.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Guest

I am pleased to read your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us and would like to thank you for sharing this on TripAdvisors. Thank you for giving us an excellent rating on our facilities and other aspects.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Centro Barsha Dubai, assuring you of best service and facilities at all times.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed once in the Premium rooms for sub $150 and it was an excellent value. The hotel is new, good facilities, good restaurant. This time though I stayed in the normal room, and it is small, crammed and not of good value when you do the math. However, it is the internet experience that is awful, not only that you pay for it, but you cannot have multiple devices join in. Actually, I left because I couldn't work whilst at the hotel. Average hotel, if you choose to stay there, then pay the premium and stay in their larger rooms.

Dear Reviewer

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Centro Barsha and we regret that there are some ocassion that the facilities did not met your expectation. Hoping that this will not deter for using our Hotel in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back to Centro Barsha Dubai in the near future.

Kind regards