“Need ear plugs to sleep!!”
Review of Centro Barsha

Centro Barsha
Ranked #80 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Muscat Governorate, Oman
“Need ear plugs to sleep!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This hotel looks very convenient if you want to spend few days in Dubai for business or shopping because the rates are not very high and it has all you need. The location is very good (if you have your own car or you are moving around with taxi), the rooms are very clean, all the furniture looks new and modern and the breakfast buffet is good for staying few days. However, there is a reason why the rates are low:
There is no sound proof system among rooms!!... I believe all the walls that separate the rooms are made of drywall, because you can hear literally EVERYTHING from your room (doors closing and opening, people talking, babies crying, people walking trough the corridors... everything!!).
We had a very bad experience the night we stayed: Around 2 am our neighbors decided to have a party inside their room so obviously we woke up. They were listening to loud music and talking very loudly and in some moment they started fighting to each other. So, we called the reception few times and finally the security staff came along with the police and talked to them, but the noise did not stop until around 6 am. We kept calling reception several times to tell them that the party continued but nothing happened. To summarize: we didn't sleep at all and the hotel staff did almost nothing about our neighbors party.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a floor with no other guests. Probably that way you'll be able to sleep.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
Thank you for staying at Centro Barsha Dubai and for bringing this matter to our attention.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused during your stay. I already communicated with our Front Office Manager and the Chief Engineer.

I highly appreciate your feedback as this help us in our continuous endeavor to ensure the satisfaction or our guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Centro Barsha Dubai and assure you of your best attention and services at all times.

Sincerely yours

Sherif Madkour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2.5 months October 2010 to December 2010.

It is very clean and excellent value for money. The only issues I encountered were with the staff at reception and the restaurant.

RECEPTION.

I had to extend my booking on two occasions, and despite physically visiting reception and explaining that my stay had been extended (I provided booking reference numbers etc) I would return after a hard day at work only to find that my room key had been deactivated and that reception had no idea that I had extended my stay! Id this happens once, ok, but not twice!

Also, I was not aware that Skywards Miles are available from Rotana Hotels - I was not advised of this at check in - that must be a fair few missing miles for a 2.5 month stay!

RESTAURANT

There is a limited room service menu and once I'd exhausted that, I'd visit the restaurant and request that my meal be delivered to my room. This was great, but one evening I was told by the restaurant manager that the restaurant did not deliver to rooms. I explained that this was something I had done on several occasions, but still he refused. I could understand this if the restaurant was busy or about to close, but it was about 8pm and deserted!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Thank you for your comments on a Tripadvisors!

We appreciate your feedback as this allow us to review our service and facilities and only through comments by our valued Guest we will be able to do so.

We regret any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. All your comments are well noted and communicated to the Department concerned.

Looking forward to see you once again at the Centro Barsha Dubai

Sincerely yours,

Follina, Italy
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed in Centro Barsha for one month for a business travel. I had a room in the corner of the road so it was big with good light but a little bit noisy. This is the only negative thing of this hotel. So you should ask for a room in the highest floors.
The room was clean, bad lined changed everyday, little swimming pool, good gym.
The breakfast was very good for me, fresh fruits, fresh muesli, and fresh dates so lovely. The chef can do every type of eggs.
I tried very often the "Deli" and sandwiches and cakes are very good and tasty.
For taxi I have always found one that brought me to the hotel and they new where it was.
The Mall of Emirates is so close very good point.
It was a Corporate rate but I can say that the price was really cheap!
Sure I will come back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Dear Ms. Vale

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey.

We are indeed proud of the quality that we offer to our valued guest such as yourself and I am therefore pleased to learn that we have met your expectations in most aspect of our services.

It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback on our facilities and services as this goes a long way in motivating all of us in our aim to maintain the excellent service to our the Guest.

Once again thank you and we are looking forward to see you at Centro Barsha Dubai

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I managed to booked this hotel for just 257 UAE Dirhams! Location is excellent, would normally be a 10 minute walk to Mall of the Emirates (too hot at the minute so we drove there!)

Centro is officially a 3 star hotel but you can see the Rotana influence which gives an excellent first impression, and this remained throughout my stay.

Check in was fast and efficient. Room was a little on the small side but not enough to complain about. Room was very clean. Shower was excellent.

We did not have breakfast, so cannot comment on the food. Swimming pool looked great, outside temperature was just a little hot enjoy - of course this is not the hotels fault!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. One tip is that I was able to book this hotel through Agoda which worked out slightly cheaper than the hotels website.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear Ms. Mhallett

Thank you for your staying at the Centro Barsha Dubai!

We are happy to know that you had a nice and enjoyable stay with us and the service & facilities meet your expectation. We would like to thank you once again for your good comments as these go a long way in motivating the entire team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at the Centro Barsha Dubai and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Poitou-Charentes, France
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Can't really give anything negative about this hotel, it is clean, airy, modern and pleasant. The rate I paid was fortunately a corporate one so can't comment on the value but only AED 225++ a night it can't be sneezed at.

Check-in at 01:30 hrs was swift, efficient and got me to my room quickly, they do have a choice of smoking or non-smoking so do choose carefully. Again check-out at 06:00 hrs (why oh why do we fly at stupid times?) was again handled very well.

The room is certainly comfortable, air-conditioning quite satisfactory, bed and linens are clean and comfortable (changed daily, OK maybe not the most environmental thing to do it daily but this is the Middle East and this level of service IS expected).

Food quality in the hotel is OK, usual choices on the breakfast buffet with eggs cooked to order however you like them (except hard-boiled as they were ready and waiting), have to admit to not trying out the restaurant in the evening I simply used the light meal menu provided by the 'Deli' which was quite satisfying (although don't forget they do charge for room delivery - but hey what's so hard about jumping in the elevator and picking it up yourself...?)

Previous comments about taxi drivers not knowing where the hotel is located seem wrong to me, I used probably a dozen taxis during my stay, they all knew where the hotel was (and how to navigate the one way roads in the area). Flagging down city taxis was not a problem, I didn't even bother pre-booking one for the morning departure date, there was one already stationed at the hotel ready for hire.

The hotel does have its own 'limo' service, this is of course more expensive than the normal taxis but you would of course be getting a better class of vehicle.

My trip was a very successful one and I would have no problem staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Dear Mr. Steve

Greetings from Centro Barsha Dubai!

It's a great pleasure to have you in our Hotel. Meanwhile, I would like to thank you for a great comments you given to us regarding your stay a memorable and enjoyable.

It is always encouraging to receive a positive feedback on our facilities and service as this goes a long way in motivating all of us in our aim to maintain the good service and facilities.

Once again thank you very much and I look forward to welcoming you back to Centro Barsha Dubai assuring you of our best attention and service at all times.

london
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I stayed here for 1 week in March during a business trip and it was perfect in the way that Dubai is always over the top - this 3 star hotel had phones in the bathrooms and everything is glass, shiny and new.

The pool on the roof is a decent size and even if the bar is not open the staff with happily bring you anything you wish.

Though slightly over-priced the bar is cosy - and you can smoke! Breakfast is quite extensive.

The room was beautiful and a decent size - tip go for one on the outside with a view rather than the inner atrium as the cleaners often open all the curtains and its a shock to come back get change and realise everyone on your floor could have seen you do it!

As a new hotel many of the taxi drivers don't know where it is despite it being very obvious when in the area - take a business card from reception - it has a map for them!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear Mr Popi

Thank you for taking the time to give us some comments about the hotel.

We are indeed proud of that the quality of our service meet your expectations in most aspect of our service.

It is always very encouraging to receive positive feedback of our facilites and service in the Hotel

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Centro Barsha Dubai in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed in Centro Barsha for the second time last month, and it was once again a very good stay. I arrived late at night but the staff were very helpful and quick. The rooms were simple but more than sufficient - everything was very clean and comfortable.

It's in a good location and, for whatever reason, I got free wifi, so perhaps the lack of free wifi (mentioned by other reviewers) is relatively new, but I can't vouch for that. Breakfast was good, and had sufficient variety.

This hotel is nothing to write home about, but it's close to Mall of the Emirates, reasonably-priced and dependably good quality. All in all, I recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear Ms. Bigintang

Thank you for taking the time to write a good comments in the Tripadvisors!

We are happy to know that you had a nice stay with us and enjoying the stylish comfortable trend hotel.

We are looking forward to see you once again at Centro Barsha Dubai and assure you of our best attention and services at all times