“Convenient Airport Hotel”

Ranked #224 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed in the Holiday Inn Express close to Dubai Airport for one night. Hotel is clean and adequate for an overnight stay. A good regular and free shuttle bus runs between the hotel and Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 which saves on a taxi fare. For a business trip the hotel is very good however would not stay here if on holiday. Staff are friendly and helpful. Will stay in the future if passing through Dubai.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David M
KanaanChady, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Mr. David,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your wonderful comments about the experience during your stay at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport.

It is our pleasure to note that you had enjoyed your stay and pleased with the provided services. Your positive comments were highly appreciated and shared with our team members.

Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport
P.O Box 35257 | Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport | Umm Ramool, opposit T3. Dubai, UAE

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Located near terminal 3 and perfect for an extended layover. They have shuttles every 30 minutes (top and bottom of the hour) for terminals 1 and 3, and one at every top of the hour for terminal 2. Beds are comfortable and the room are clean. I found the staff to be courteous. Didn't eat there, so cannot comment on the food.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank wrathokhan

Dear Mr. Valued Guest,

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Handy location ..next to airport ideal for stopovers and 7 mins walk to nearest metro. Away from hustle bustle of city..lovely grass area to sit down outside hotel. Great gym facilities, breakfast lovely (lots of variety), free wifi and such lovely friendly staff. Special thanks to

Qaiser
Haseeb
Aysha
Mohd naveed
Kamran abbassi
Please thank them for their attentiveness.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Ali G
KanaanChady, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Mr. Ali,

Reviewed March 2, 2014

On my last trip to Dubai I booked into the Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport hotel, which is literally a stones throw from the airport. Unfortunately it is the other side of the D89 one of the main routes into Deira, the old part of Dubai so there is no quick way to get to the hotel. When I arrived I got the free shuttle bus which runs every 30 minutes or so, 24/7 - this took about 15-20 minutes to get to the hotel. As I was on the afternoon flight from Birmingham (which gets into Dubai just after midnight) I didn't check in until about 2am but it was a fully staffed and very friendly reception, very efficient and I got to my room quickly. The rooms are modern and as you would expect to a good international standard. Breakfast the next morning was in a large spacious ground floor restaurant with a good all-you-can eat buffet breakfast. I picked up a hire car and was away...When I came back to leave UAE, I returned to stay in the hotel the night before. I arrived on the D89 - look for the left turn onto Marakech Street, then down to the first set of main lights, take a right, then the next left turn (towards the Postal Service HQ building) and the hotel is at the end on the left. Plenty of parking (I suspect because many people don't have hire cars when they come here). I couldn't be bothered to go out as I'd been on the road all day so I had a bar meal and a few beers (its expensive for beer, about 35-40 Dirhams a pint approx. £6 - £7 !). When I left the next morning it was easy to find the airport - retraced my steps to get to the D89 then took the left turn and its virtually the next slip road off to the car hire return. All in all I was quite happy with the hotel and will stay here again, mainly because it was so convenient. Also its within 5 minutes walking distance of the Metro - so I'll try that next time (which is soon!).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued guest,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Hotel is clean, efficient and did let me check in early. Being located so close to the airport is very convenient, especially quick stop overs. Would not be there if we're not for that though! Although clean, tidy, and decent enough food it was just not a holiday hotel but ideal for business or as I said, a lay over.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Located 1 metro station away from the Dubai Mall (maybe a 10 minute walk from the Business Bay Station). Hotel offers a shuttle at 1030AM to bring guests to Dubai Mall which I think they should increase in frequency given number of guests.

As expected from a VERY LIMITED service hotel, don't expect much by way of amenities but they do have a small gym, cafe (where morning breakfast is served and some lunch and dinner), a bar and small convenience store. Please bring your toiletries as they only have weird colored liquid in pump bottles posing as shower and body gel / hand wash which will make your hair quite tangled and dry.

The neighborhood of Al Safari is very safe with a large community of wealthy expats and locals with a huge park nearby with weekend barbecues if you're into that sort of thing.

All in all a value hotel good for long stays in Dubai so you can save up money for shopping and eating.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest

Reviewed February 28, 2014

It was arranged prior to my arrival to Dubai thay they will send one bus to pick me up from Terminal 2 Dubai, I waited for 40 minutes and no one came and I even called the reservation agent. I took taxi and spent dirhams to reach the hotel. Upon check-out I requested taxi but they sent me limousine I spent double fare from the usual which is 70AED. This is not acceptable and I wouldn't recommend Holiday Inn Express next time. I checked-in for 2 nights at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai now and the service for me was a 5 star treatment. I trained and value customer service as this is my field of profession but I didn't receive that from HIK-Express Dubai.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank LYZAP2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear LYZAP2,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We regret to see the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were glad to see the high scores for Cleanliness and Sleep Quality. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D