“Good hotel for short budget business and airport transit stays”

Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport
Ranked #218 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Birmingham, UK
“Good hotel for short budget business and airport transit stays”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here earlier this week due to an 18 hour transit at the airport; the hotel does the job. It is close to the airport, I was checked in quickly and efficiently, and I got a quiet room at the back of the hotel which I had asked for.

I had also asked for a double room with one bed but instead got a twin room with two double beds, which was a surprise, but I didn't complain as the price was the same for both rooms and the bed was big enough for my needs which was essentially a stopover before my flight back home the next morning.

The restaurant offers a buffet and was pretty good. There was a good choice of starters, mains, and deserts, and you could have whatever you wanted. At £12, I couldn't complain! Holiday Inn Express position themselves as a budget hotel so there was no room service or any other 'frills' offered but this was fine.

The shuttle bus from the airport was very slow in arriving which was annoying. The airport information kiosk said that a bus arrives and departs every half hour (on the hour and half hour), but a fellow British couple waiting for the bus alongside me said that their previous experience was that it is a very long half hour! From the hotel the next morning though, the bus did leave regularly and on time. I was expecting 5.30am and that's when it left.

I would use this hotel again because it is close to the airport, convenient, and at a good price. I wasn't interested in staying at the overpriced glass monstrocities in the centre of Dubai; just a restful overnight stay close to the airport before flying back home the next morning. This is what I got, so I would use the hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BrummieGlobetrotter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed March 14, 2013

such a great experience to stay in this hotel ,in cleanness comfort about location and food everything ,and above all the hotel staff specially LEIZL in food and beverage she is so sweet and well behaved ,she heartily welcomes everyone .good to stay , regards,, vikas

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kandahar, Kandahar, Afghanistan
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The only reason I didn't give this hotel a "Very Good" rating is due to the dirty condition of the shower. Mildew everywhere, dirty floor and shoddy attempt to fix leaks with caulk, it really just needs to be replaced. The rest of the room, however, was very clean. The wi-fi is free and works great. The staff is very friendly and will bend over backwards to help you with anything. There is a restaurant and a bar next to the lobby, so it was good for socializing. Lastly, there is a free shuttle to and from the airport that runs 24 hours. You can catch a ride there too, just look for the "Hotel Shuttle" signs as you exit the airport (in terminal 1, anyway, not sure about the other terminals). It's about a 10 minute drive from the airport; very convenient. I highly recommend it; I think the condition of my shower was probably an exception rather than the rule. Will def. stay here again next time I come to Dubai; great value and great service.

Room Tip: Don't go for room 144; the shower is gross, even when "clean."
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear DelphinaC,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am glad that you found our location convenient and our staff friendly. However, please accept my apology that the condition of the shower inconvenienced you. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Despite this, I hope we get another opportunity in the future to host you again when you're back in the area.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
hong kong
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is convenient to stay in if you're needing somewhere uber convenient to rest your head and/or belongings in-between flights or while out seeing Dubai's best.
I was at first glance impressed with my room's presentation; pristinely made beds and overall clean look.
Downsides to my experience w/ Dubai Holiday Inn Express: No room service
Shower drain flooded and appeared dirty in general
Room thermostat set to unchangeable temperature / room was cold during entire stay
Shower water was luke warm

Not-so-bad things about my stay at Dubai Holiday Inn Express:
10 minute commute to the airport
Hotel prepared breakfast for early check-outs (pre- 5 am)
Bar open 'till 2am
Area in hotel lobby where you may choose from a very limited snack selection if you arrive after 10pm (hotel restaurant closes)
Staff were polite
Business and conference areas

If you're looking to make your room a true home for the duration of your stay, go elsewhere...
But if sheer convenience, economics and airport proximity hold more value, this Holiday Inn Express can get the job done.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Lawonin,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am very happy that you liked your room. However, I am sorry over the inconvenience you experienced over the shower and room thermostat. I appreciate you bringing these to our attention as these will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Durban
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We used this hotel as a layover as we had a 13 hour wait at the airport. The hotel was very nice and very clean. The breakfast was very good. Overall this was a very comfortable hotel and was perfect for our stop over.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DurbanKerry
London
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here for my last two nights holidays in Dubai because the other hotel was overbooked. it is a clean hotel with good service and tailored to the particularities for layover near the airport. meaning there is a high volume of guests checking in and out any time of the day. Nevertheless the hotel does not feel uncomfortably crowded.
slightly less convenient located for visiting town, however very convenient to catch a flight as you can leave your luggage quietly and enjoy the complementary bus shuttle service to the terminal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo