“Location, location, location”

Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport
Ranked #224 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We attended the Gulf Bike Week at Festival Park, and this hotel was within 5 kms away. For those traveling via Dubai airport, you can't get much closer! The hotel is clean and well maintained. Rooms are all you need for a stopover, comfy bed, TV, fridge (no mini bar). Parking is in the basement and very secure.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TMAguide

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stopped overnight while in transit. The price and service was outstanding for the my purposes. Had a nice undisturbed nights sleep and a good breakfast before continuing my journey. The hotel is very close to the airport terminal, yet I do not experience any associated noise.
Highly recomended as a great rest stop for the traveler passing through Dubai.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Feltish
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had a 20 hour layover between flights on our recent holiday to Europe and stayed at this hotel to rest and refresh. We caught the free shuttle bus to the hotel from outside the front of the airport exit (cross over the road and look for the signs). It leaves at 20 minutes to the hour, otherwise it is five minutes by taxi. What we needed after a overnight, long flight was a quick check-in and a quiet room. The hotel delivered both of these and more. After a good sleep we visited the very modern gym for a workout - seemed very new equipment and good to use. Water and towels available.
After a nice relaxing bath we checked out the bar, cold beer and warm peanuts were appreciated. Buffet dinner was very tasty with particulary good fish.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. This is a no frills transit hotel designed for exactly this purpose - not a five star resort.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heritage255068
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Maybe all Holiday Express Inn's are like this, but I'm not so sure. When I arrived at 2am there was a sewage truck operating outside the entrance. The fumes and dust forced my taxi driver and I back into the taxi coughing and choking on the dust. We eventually agreed to make a run for it and uplift my luggage and get into the building entrance. The stench of sewage and the dust floating around inside the lobby was unbelievable. The reception staff were unperturbed by it all saying "well, we have to work here". Fair enough, but they don't pay for the pleasure of coming into the building like guests do. I was too tired to bother leaving the place for somewhere else. Had I not been, I would have spent the extra £30-40 for a proper hotel, not what seemed like an upmarket hostel beside the airport. There's no bottles of water in the room, so be prepared to pay a daft price from the lobby tuck shop. There was no food or drink available in the form of room service. They give you a local take out delivery menu instead. I settled for a Pot Noodle and crisps from the tuck shop for nearly a tenner. The breakfast is fine, but nothing special. Will I be back at this hotel? No. There's convenience and no-frills, but there's also health and safety. Depends what your priority is I guess…..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pedro1888Glasgow
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel. I had a 12 hour layover in Dubai. So I checked in for one night to have a clean bed and nice shower in the morning. The breakfast was included in the rate and was simple and healthy. Being a Platnium Priority Club Member I got free internet. Great feature. As the internet is expensive.

But it is a great transit hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Initially I was really surprised at the cheap taxi from the airport.
Waiting till 8am for check in I got a 50% discount for my one night stopover.
Very comprehensive little shop in the lobby.
Couldn't fault this hotel for stopovers.

Room Tip: Think the rooms are all pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AlecTurner
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My experience at this Hotel was very good. I checked in on 19th august and checked out on 20th august. To travel the city, this hotel is perfect. You just reach from the airport in 5 minutes. The shuttle service was very helpful. The moment i booked the hotel, i got an email with the booking, a photo of the shuttle bus and the schedule of the bus from and to different terminals.
I don't understand why people have mentioned that the schedule was not given or was not good.
Whenever we wanted to explore Dubai, we would usually call a local cab from the reception, but they also give shuttle services to the nearest metro station. which was the emirates station.
The breakfast buffet was pretty decent and my stay at this hotel was very satisfactory.

So, if I visit Dubai again, I am sure I will come back