“Nice evening, great setting.”
Review of Beachcombers

Beachcombers
Ranked #311 of 10,572 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dine on the deck overlooking the Arabian Sea at Beachcombers and admire the stunning views of the beach and Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. This spacious hideaway, ideal for families, imaginatively presents Pan-Asian cuisine in its flavourful buffet and brunch-style selection of desserts. The restaurant is open everyday for international buffet style breakfast and Pan-Asian buffet dinner.
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Being regular visitors to Madinat Jumeirah we always like to come to beachcombers.
The Thai buffet offers a good variety of choice and the food is always good.
It’s the setting that gives it that bit extra. Sat outside with views of Burj al Arab and JBH.
One slight negative is we found the service a little slow when waiting for drinks and the bill.
Inside beachcombers could do with an upgrade which I hope they do as part of the JBH refurbishment. Especially since Madinat Jumeirah has really upped its game with the introduction of new restaurants such as Rockfish.
Pleasant evening.

Abdon P, Manager at Beachcombers, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience of your meal at Beachcombers. Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Beachcombers is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits.
I am glad to hear that you are a frequent visitor to Beachcombers, and I can assure you that with the refurb of Beachcombers, I am certain, that the venue will have some pleasant surprises, upon your return back to the venue.

The team of culinary appreciates your comments about the food, and that you felt the buffet too offering a good variety in terms of choices.
I am sorry to hear about the service being a little slow with drinks and the bill. we will certainly look into that, and have some training put into place to rectify it, so that you are not discomforted again, when you visit us in the future.
I thank you for bringing your experiences to my attention. I trust that you will have an opportunity to visit us again at Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
We are certainly looking forward to welcoming your return.

Abdon pereira

Reviewed April 25, 2018

It is my second time to dine in at this restaurant and it always impresses me as it showcase a stunning view of Burj Al Arab. During my first visit I am on business dinner with a large group and the feedback I receive from my guest coming from different countries was superb. Definitely will book here again for our future meetings..Last night I bring my family with me and they like it a lot. The food, ambience , quality of service it all worth the price. Further, what I like most about in this restaurant is the warm welcome of the staff and their attentiveness to the guest. Special mention to the 3 asian chef at the buffet last night :)

Abdon P, Manager at Beachcombers, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about the experience of your meal at our restaurant. We really appreciate for writing into detail all aspects of the services and the products that was delivered to you. Your Valuable comments have all been shared to the team of both culinary and service. They are all happy to have received such beautiful comments on the services rendered to you, and have informed me to thank you for the comments.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you once again to our venue.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2018

This was my second visit to the Beachcombers restaurant and this time, it being only mid April and a truly gorgeous, balmy evening, our large party of works colleagues sat outside at one long table. Here we had superb views out over towards the impressive Burj al Arab.

We came on a Tuesday which is when the buffet is based on a Bangkok Street Food Festival. I was delighted because I LOVE Thai food. Having ordered a large mug of chilled Heineken beer, I proceeded to attack the buffet, concentrating my efforts on the Thai curries and assorted accompaniments. I admit that I didn't really get to try all that was on offer at the buffet, but I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

As the evening wore on and many of the party left on the bus for the hotel, a few core hardy souls like me stayed on to drink the last of the wine on offer in our package deal before heading off for the rooftop bar in the main part of the Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Abdon P, Manager at Beachcombers, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your meal experience, you and your guests have had at Beachcombers. I am delighted to hear, that you have enjoyed the Thai food. Your experience has been shared to both the teams of Culinary and Service. They too are all happy to hear of your experience, and have asked me to invite you all again, to experience our lovely food and hospitality, once again.

We are looking forward to see you all again in the future.

Abdon pereira
Manager - Beachcombers.

Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

A group of 9 of us went to Beachcombers for the Wednesday Pan Asia Buffet and we sat outside as close to the beach as possible. Location is stunning. Sat in shadow of Burj al Arab and it was awesome. Great location for photos. Food was very nice and all hot. Good. Selection of seafood, lamb, beef and chicken. There was also a good range of deserts. My only complaint was lack of an alcoholic beverage package ? No idea why Wednesday seemed to be only day this was not available. Had it not been for location we would have chosen elsewhere. I enjoy a couple of drinks with evening meal and at over £10 for a pint of lager it was only a couple ! Service was excellent and staff very friendly. We used entertainer so had we not purchased a couple of alcoholic drinks it would have been good value for money.

Abdon P, Manager at Beachcombers, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share about the experience of your meal at Beachcombers. I also appreciate for writing about every aspect of the service and the product that was delivered to you. Your beautiful comments about the location being stunning, The food being nice and served hot. About the desserts having a good range, and the staff being excellent and with friendly service provided, is all well noted.
Rest be assured, please be informed that the comments have all been shared to the team, and they have all expressed to me to pass their thanks to you for the beautiful comments shared on this platform.
With regards to your comment on the entertainer not applicable to the drinks package, we would like to thank you for sharing this aspect of service. We will certainly look into it, and see, how we can bring more value to the whole experience.
We certainly look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 10, 2018

The location of this hotel and restaurant are unbelievable. I cannot fault this. The food at the brunch was average compared to other brunches I have been to. I found the staff to be not very helpful and had to ask 3 different people to bring out more chips for my kids. Not what I expected from a 5 star hotel. I left my car overnight at the hotel and did not realise that I would have to pay 250Dhs the next day. The concierge at reception was so rude and said that I could not speak to the manager, as he was busy, there was nothing he could do as he had to follow the terms and conditions (he then said he could take 100Dhs off) and that he had to charge me or it would come out of his own pocket. The treatment from a 5 star hotel was terrible and I expected so much more from a world famous hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing about the experience of your brunch at Beachcombers. Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Jumeirah Beach Hotel is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits.

I am extremely sorry to hear that you have found the food at our brunch as average, when compared to other brunches. It has also saddened me to hear that the staff, both at Beachcombers and at the Concierge was not helpful, and that their service, did not meet your expectations of a five star.
I hope this will not deter you from visiting us again as I can assure you that we have taken action to remedy this downfall in service.