“Fabulous "Sunday" Lunch on Saturday”

Address Montgomerie
Ranked #20 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Fabulous "Sunday" Lunch on Saturday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We visited Nineteen for a family lunch/brunch. A very well appointed and comfortable restaurant with excellent service. The setup for the brunch is a buffet for all but the main event, with the option for soft drinks or the "alcohol" package which includes beer, gin & tonic, and pleasant red/white Chilean Diablo vineyard wines.
The food was superb: the starter buffet had at least 5 smoked salmon varieties, along with Oysters, Mussels, King Prawns, antipasti meats and a copious array of salads. There were 3 roasts available, beef, chicken and lamb and these are served pre-carved on a platter with roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, along with a selection of various roast vegetables. Pork ribs and sausages were available at an outside cooking station if you wanted them. We chose a selection of meats and later asked for extra beef, roast potatoes and Yorkshires which arrived swiftly. Whilst initially we were slightly disappointed when advised that the beef was available medium to well done, when the beef arrived, wow, in my book it was medium rare, just how we like it!
Throughout the meal the service was excellent, with wine and water glasses topped up without having to ask. I cannot comment too much on dessert, as I only managed a small sample from the cheeseboard which was adequate, but could have been more expansive in its choice.
Overall an excellent dining experience with a good view of what I presume was the 18th hole of the course. We sat inside beside open doors onto the balcony and were cool without the frostbite temperatures experienced in some Dubai restaurants.
Would thoroughly recommend this brunch in terms of food quality, value for money (AED350 for the wine package, and AED250 for soft drinks) coupled with a relaxed casual environment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IMcInally, General Manager at Address Montgomerie, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful and extensive review of our 'Saturday Roast' in Nineteen. While the Brunch concept is popular in Dubai, the unique combination of this offering being on a Saturday, and blended with the 'Traditional Roast Lunch' elements is making it extremely popular.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai!

Iain McInally

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My check in experience and room were equivalent to most 5 star hotels and was pleased. My 2nd night was restless as the couple in the room next to me were in an on & off argument which lasted until 3:30 am and started again a 5:10am. I had a 8am tee time and had requested a late checkout so that I could complete my round of golf and take a shower. I was told I would be charged another day and that the hotel was booked. I had to quit my round of golf on hole 13 so that I could be out of my room by 12 noon. This would not happen at 4Seasons, Ritz, Intercontinental etc...where I am a frequent guest. Mixed emotions as to whether I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your extensive review, and for highlighting the conflict between your game of golf and required check-out timing. This is an area that we are extremely sensitive to, and will accommodate and be flexible whenever possible. Unfortunately, at times of full occupancy, this option isn't always available, but we do have wonderful locker room facilities fully equipped with all amenities and a team that will look after all Guest requirements in this respect.

I sincerely hope that you will choose to visit again, and we will ensure a peaceful night for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Albufeira, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

A superb hotel ..like a boutique hotel with stunning views and peaceful enviroment..but friendly ,helpful staff . Lots to do there with restaurants ,golf ,gym ,spa pool but easy access to buzzing city with taxis available anytime and so cheap !So easy to get to the magnificent golf malls etc but lovely to return to the Montgomerie to chill !!definitely return for another visit !

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool would be best but so much to do that only in the room to sleep !!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
IMcInally, General Manager at Address Montgomerie, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review of our Hotel & facilities. Your comment on our staff is especially welcome and I look forward to sharing this with them all. With our wonderful location we are able to meet the expectation of those who simply wish to escape from everything - and also those who wish to be as active as possible.

We look forward to your return visit.

Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Small hotel, great service and an envy to the super large hotel of Dubai , just when you need to feel special this hotel is first class everything you need is here, space private pool, spa and golf course too in a desert

Stayed January 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review - 'Perfect' is exactly what we try to achieve for all of our Guests with a 'One-size-fits-One' philosophy on service. We are delighted and proud to have made your stay pleasurable, and look forward to your return.

Cardiff UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Montgomery has significantly changed my views about Dubai .To be within a "stones throw" of the vibrancy of the city, accessible within minutes of a really cheap taxi fare brings a tranquility and feeling of peace to ones mind . You awaken to silence , and wonderful views of the lake on the 18 th hole . Wild life is abundant with fabulous bird life . A sit on the balcony for breakfast with UK papers is a real treat . With so few rooms and so many courteous staff gives your holiday an edge over any other resorts in the UAE . I was always a firm believer that the Emirates courses ...Faldo and Majilis ... were the top of the premier division , not now , they have been relegated ! Montgomery is now the top . Any criticisms ?? Well yes . Could the Green Staff re position the flag on the 18th to the right hand side to make that signature hole just a little easier !! Paul and Carol WALES

Room Tip: request front view overlooking 18 th green
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
IMcInally, General Manager at Address Montgomerie, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you sincerely for passing on such positive comments. Your feedback will be tremendously appreciated by the team, who genuinely enjoy making our Guest's stay memorable. Your point made on the tranquility of our location, yet accessibility to all of Dubai is exactly the message we would wish to portray - and the next time you are booked to play golf I will personally ensure the pin on 18 is located exactly as requested!

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a beautiful property with stunning views over the golf course, lake and the Dubai skyline as its backdrop. Naturally this makes it a great retreat away from the city but this also means that the city can only be accessed by cabs. My golfer husband who has played at the Montgomerie before rates it as a pleasant but not the most challenging course in Dubai.

The rooms were lovely, spacious and well laid out - the king plus sized bed was plush and comfortable. Breakfast was included in our rate and we could order as much as we wanted a la carte, which we prefer much more to buffet breakfasts. As vegetarians, we found limited options for lunch and we were not warned that their main restaurant was being shut down for renovations when we made our last minute booking.

Room Tip: If you're choosing to stay far from the city, its well worth it to pay for the rooms with a golf...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive and considered review, we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. I apologise that you were not informed in advance of the improvements being made to one of our outlets, and hope that the additional dining options with our poolside bbq, and breakfast with the flagship restaurant 'Nineteen' compensated. We sincerely hope to welcome you back very shortly, and appreciate the time taken to write.

West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is an amazing hotel, very stylish and feels like home. The surrounding Montgomeri golf course gives it the most beautiful surrounding you can possibly find in Dubai. I stayed at this hotel many times during my visits to Dubai. All the staff used to know me; this is the thing about this hotel, only around 23 rooms giving it a very homely feeling with staff so friendly.
However for a young person like me, I often got bored with no one around in the lobby, mostly middle aged/older golfers are around and nothing is close (walking distance). Have to catch a taxi to everywhere you need to go which can be expensive. I usually caught a taxi to the metro station and took the train from there!
This hotel with all its style and 5 star service is waaaay over priced...I used to get the corporate rate of around 1000 AED which was way above many other good 5 stars in Dubai.

Room Tip: Golf course facing rooms are more expensive. Some rooms have no balcony which is aweful.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Iman T
IMcInally, General Manager at Address Montgomerie, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your extensive and well considered review of our Hotel. We are delighted that you are made to feel so at Home while staying with us - our Associates genuinely enjoy the opportunity to look after our Guests, and to make everyone's stay individual and special. We look forward to your next visit!