“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #113 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights and the hotel was amazing. The service was excellent.Rooms are large enough and well decorated. Very clean hotel.Near to metro station . Excellent breakfast. good pool and gymnasium. The staff were very helpful. The manager Mehdi Maalem was brilliant. He made sure we had everything we required. Will definetely be returning back to Dubai and staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better view, ask the manager Mehdi and he will try and get you a higher room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
massadakah, Executive Assistant Manager at Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
It is a pleasure to read you have enjoyed your travel to Dubai and your stay at the Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are looking forward to being of service to you once again soon

Rose Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights last week -was visiting Dubai for work. First impressions weren't great as the lobby is small and narrow and a bit underwhelming. Service however was first class and everyone I encountered was friendly and helpful. There is no bar in this hotel however the Rotana across Sheikh Zayed road does have one and allows you to charge to your room anyway. Easiest way to get there is to use the Metro station to cross the road. The room was fine - had everything you would need including small kitchen area with Fridge/Freezer should you need one!! No real complaints about this hotel apart from my usual bugbear about Wifi - very expensive and inconvenient. Try All the Perks coffee shop next door for free wifi - open early till late!

Room Tip: Higher floors for view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with "Rose Rayhaan by Rotana" during your recent visit to Dubai, and for the kind comments on “Trip Advisor” for other travelers to view.

We are glad to read that on the overall, you have enjoyed your stay. We have noted your comments about the room, the services, and the facilities that you have enjoyed at our hotel. Also, your compliments will be passed onto the rest of the hotel team and will be much appreciated

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on business and found the hotel pretty average. The staff was soso and not particularly well informed when asked for restaurant recommendations etc. The room was ok but did not really impress me and just missed that something extra to make it good. The views are very nice if you are facing the Burj Khalifa and the room was clean which is very important. Wifi was quick and the usual amenities could be found in the bathroom.
The location is convenient for the DIFC and the airport is only about 15minutes away with no traffic.
I would next time stay at another hotel as there are so many to choose from. If you cannot find anything better, it is a good plan B.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your experience with Rose Rayhaan by Rotana, and giving us the chance to serve you better. We significantly value your time taken to bring your concerns to our attention, and we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We hope that this experience will not deter you from using our hotel in the future.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is really very central . Rooms and general property is amazing. Friendly employees. I think one of the best opportunity in the city center. Rooms are large enough and well decorated. Near to metro station and on the street most attractions be.

Room Tip: Try to get higher rooms on south side so youll be able too see the most important places
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sonbal
massadakah, Executive Assistant Manager at Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
It is a pleasure to read you have enjoyed your stay at the Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are looking forward to being of service to you once again soon.

Crans-Montana, Switzerland
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights, from 21st to 24th jan, 2013, and our arrival at the hotel was pathetic, as we had a late check in in the evening, and it was further delayed, with an excuse of rooms not being clean, we kept waiting, and after that the rooms were given to us not on the preferred floors.
Rooms are fair enough, with a great view of burj khalifa, though the sea is not clearly visible because the glasses not being clean.
Room service was though fantastic, as most of the asian staff was very friendly comparatively.

Will stay here again if i have a short visit to dubai, only because the location is pretty good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
massadakah, Executive Assistant Manager at Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your disappointment following your recent stay with us. First and foremost, please do accept our apologies for not being able to meet your expectations. Your comments about the delayed check-in as the room was not ready on arrival, have been addressed to the concerned departments for an immediate action.

On a more positive note, we are glad you did like the hotel, the view as well as the location, and will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the room service team.

We would very much welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel & the services. Thank you once again for providing us with your valuable feedback.

Reading
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at the Rose Rayhaan on the 21st January 2013 for 2 nights. The hotel was chosen for 2 reasons only. The first as it is the tallest hotel in the world, which could be an experience and the second was due to the location.

Let’s start with the good - Had a room on the 51st Floor with a great view.

Now for the not so good - The hotel was booked through my companies travel company on a room only basis. The arrangement was that the travel company cover the cost of the room and we have an allowance to cover food, wifi, mini bar etc that is billed back to the company. When I checked in, late on the evening of the 21st, they asked for my cc details to cover costs, I declined due to the booking allowances and rules. .

That evening I sent my suit to be dry cleaned.

The next morning, I went to breakfast which was ok an, but bland and was advised that I had to pay the bill immediately as I was on a room only basis and I hadn’t left my credit card details. So, I explained the way that the booking had been made and sent them away to speak to reception for clarification. Shortly after I received a call in my room advising that the cost wasn’t covered and I had to pay the bill! I advised that I would speak to reception. I went down to reception and again explained the situation and they were adamant that there were no notes on the system and that I would have to speak to reservations. The receptionist called them and after 10 minutes of discussion, I insisted to speak to them myself. Reservations explained again that I was on a room only basis, which I already knew and wasn’t aware of the bill back. I suggested to reception that she should call the travel company and speak to them; she advised me that I had to go to my room, use the room phone to call UK and obtain the clarity myself. Instead, I made the first of FIVE calls to the UK on my iPhone who advised me that all of the information had been sent to the hotel, the authorisation forms had been completed and a follow up email had been sent. There was also a conversation that took place between the travel and company and the hotel on the 14th January. I went back down to reception and advised, but once again they insisted it wasn’t on their system!!!!!!

In the mean time. The housekeeping boy delivered my suit back to me and advised that as I hadn’t left my credit card details (which I had by now) he couldn’t give me my suit until I had paid the 55 dhs immediately! This was really embarrassing, so I suggested the guy came in to my room and call reception for clarification. Which he did and I was allowed to have my suit back!

The story continues. After going out for dinner, I came back to my room and received a call from the hotel billing team asking me to go back down to reception and pay the outstanding breakfast bill immediately. Once again I explained the situation and ended up going back down to reception. I spoke to a different receptionist who looked at me blankly while I explained the situation. He didn’t get it. So I asked for the duty manager. The duty manager turned up and I explained the situation to him, showed him the paper work and told him how embarrassing the whole situation has been, which he understood. He took a copy of my paper work, assured me that all would be ok, and offered some fruit or dinner, which I declined.

I went back up to my room, was just going to sleep and the phone rang at 11.30 pm, which I ignored due the lateness of the call. In the morning I woke up and a letter had been pushed under the door. It was from the front of house manager apologising for the confusion and confirmed all was sorted.

On check out, there must of been some notes on the computer as a duty manager was called over who advised that all was sorted and apologised. He then explained what was going to be sent to the booking company and what I had to pay for. To my amazement and shock, there in black and white was the charge for a dinner. I again had to explain what was to be billed back to the company and also that I didn’t have a dinner, it was actually a BREAKFAST! He subsequently advised me what my food allowance was per day and why the item was chargeable, but what I had was actually under my allowance and was to be paid for by the booking company! The bill was rectified and he asked me if I had enjoyed my stay.........

In my opinion the hotel is soulless, the rooms are ok with a pointless kitchen area and the bathrooms are horrid with vile shower curtains that sticks to you while trying to wash! Dubai is renowned for excellent service, which is 100% missing from this hotel.

Not only will I never stay in the Rose Rayhaan again, I will never stay in a Rotana again. The situation was embarrassing and humiliating. The calls I had to make back to the UK to sort this out totalled 37 minutes at £1.50 per minute, which equates to £55.50! Shocking service.

Room Tip: High floor!
1 Thank Jabe100
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit to “Rose Rayhaan by Rotana”. We hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

Kindly note that, your valuable feedback is very important to ensure that we continually deliver an excellent service, and to exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, we were all concerned to read that on this occasion we didn’t meet your expectations.

We have noted your overall experience regarding the poor service you experienced with regards to the billing instructions of your room. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for and, can fully understand your disappointment concerning the same. This has been taken up with the concerned department in order to review the procedures in place, and to ensure it will never happen again.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. We do hope that, this incident will not deter you from visiting us in the near future and; you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the definitive hospitality our hotel is well-known for.

Accra, Ghana
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in June '12. We managed a last minute booking as it was off-season. We chose this hotel after a lot of research and since this was a first time visit to Dubai for me, I had to go by TA reviews on which hotels were conveniently located for shopping. I thank all the reviewers whose reviews helped me book this hotel. :) First impression on stepping into the hotel was not great as the lobby looks small and cramped. But once we were taken into our 40th floor room, we were floored! Since we landed in Dubai at night, we were greeted with the beautiful twinkling lights of Burj Khalifa from our room! wall to wall glass doors of our room gave us a most exquisite view of Dubai at night and it felt like the Burj was just a few hundred meters from us. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom had all the usual mod cons. We were traveling with our 1 year old baby and they provided us with a good crib. Breakfast had plenty of choice and although it was Ramadan, there were no restrictions which I sort of expected. Food was tasty and well prepared with a lot of variety. There are theme buffets at night and we enjoyed one immensely. The hotel is only 10-15 minutes taxi ride from Emirates Mall. There is a metro station close by but we couldn't walk to it as the temperature outside was turning us into crisps. To sum up, we were happy with our choice and would stay here again but I am only giving it a 4/5 rating as I did not find anything exceptional about this place except for the view of Burj Khalifa.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
massadakah, Executive Assistant Manager at Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay here at the Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai. We are so thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and the location, the facilities as well as the service provided by our team, has exceeded your expectation.

We have also noted your kind comments about the excellent food quality that you have enjoyed during your stay which our Chef & his team were glad to receive. Your compliments will be passed onto the rest of the hotel team and will be much appreciated

We truly look forward to your next stay with us.