“Excellent Brunch”

Ranked #104 of 9,663 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Saffron brings you the eclectic, exotic, and delicious tastes of Asia and beyond, with the best regional delicacies available for breakfast or dinner.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Brunch”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Saffron's Friday brunch is one of the pricier, but also one of the better brunches Dubai has to offer. Take advantage of the fantastic sushi, the asian food and the brilliant array of fun drinks on offer, and make sure you pop outside to the terrace to do a spot of painting on the canvas they provide you with! Great fun for a big group of friends.

Visited May 2013

• Slovak first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a place with service from the F & B Service team (although one of the production team members showed a "tired of customers" attitude. His attitude couldn't overtake the rest. I made a reservation for our anniversary it was made perfect by the restaurant team including the hostesses, the Manager, Bandara & the rest of the team. Many parents will agree that dining with 2 kids below 4 is not something great to look forward to but the restaurant team kept them occupied & facilitated our dinner well. The food was good & liked the Mocktails in particular.

Nothing could beat the service of the F & B Service team!

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Delightful”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We used this one mainly for breakfast. Brilliant choice and amazing fresh juice! Clean and friendly staff.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank willowblossom
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The Poorest Brunch in Dubai”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Having lived in Dubai for nine years I have experienced some fantastic brunches over a range of prices.
I finally got a reservation for Saffron at the Atlantis having lost out several times because it is so busy. We have friends visiting us in Dubai several times per year and we are always looking for quality brunches.
What a disaster the restaurant feels like a large food court in a mall that is full on a Saturday afternoon. Tables seating and cutlery are reminiscent of a Butlins Holiday camp in the 1970's. However the quality of the food does not match that of Bultlin's - it was shocking. My wife waited for fish dish to be replenished from the kitchen it was cold and lacked flavour. Lobster -the worst in Dubai rubber with no flavour. The roast beef looked great rare just how I like it when I started to cut with my knife at the table I failed the knife was no use blunt so requested steak knife from the waitress. She had no idea whatsoever about what a steak knife was, she did bring a replacement knife though which did help a little. I gave up trying to cut and just did without. Honestly they must have purchased the knives and forks at a knock down price in the Souk, absolute rubbish quality.
Overall this is a disaster brunch if you enjoy food. It is truly the worst food I have encountered while living nine years in Dubai.
The Atlantis charges AED435 per head for this brunch which is not untypical in Dubai, but its not worth AED150.
I can only presume that if they have regulars at this brunch then those patrons have no taste with regard to food and they are happy to pay this price for an afternoons alcohol and that's pretty sad.
A supposedly 5star hotel -I would not recommend to anyone. Management have a lot to do here to address there problems.

• Visited May 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Food and some!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Not sure about the bad reviews this a unique experience and cannot be compared to fine dining. We ate here several times on a half board basis. Yes its expensive but everything is in Dubai. This large restaurant is self service I found the staff very good clearing plates straight away and offering drinks (paying extra for water is annoying).

The food on offer is vast and I found it to be of high quality everything I tried I liked. often we didn't book and they found tables within a few minutes although I did see a que forming sometimes.

Saffron and Kaleidoscope are basically the same and great if that's your thing. If you want waiter service and a more refined experience there are hundreds of other places in Dubai and Atlantis the palm has about 10 other restaurants inc Nobu or Rostang all very good.

• Visited February 2013