“good food and ambiance” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #103 of 9,408 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Seafood, Sushi, Asian, Middle Eastern, Singaporean
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Saffron brings you the eclectic, exotic, and delicious tastes of Asia and beyond, with the best regional delicacies available for breakfast or dinner.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“good food and ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed the dinner buffet. They had a good range of seafood also which was nice. The atmosphere was really nice and we couldn't complain about any of the food. I used an entertainer voucher so the price was quite reasonable for an Atlantis restaurant. I don't think anyone would be disappointed eating here.

• Visited May 2012

• Slovak first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

I had breakfast from saffron during my stay in atlantis on 16 December morning. Charges were on the higher side, but the food was worth it. Since we were staying in atlantis, we got discount rates for breakfast buffet in saffron . Also my child had only half rate... Not bad at all. The first thing I noticed is the ambiance of the place. The staff service is excellent. Spoons, plates, all will be changed immediately, without us having to say anything. The buffet was huge, and I think I couldn't taste everything, as I was so full. They had counters for Chinese and Japanese , with spring rolls, noodles etc. there was indian counter were you get all the indian breakfast items. At least 10 varieties of cornflakes, oats, musseli were there. 4 types of juices, coffee or tea according to your specification. My daughter had hot chocolate. Different array of breads were there. All varieties of egg dishes - steamed japanese eggs, eggs benedict , scrambled eggs, were there. Fried bacons, sausages, salmon, smoked mackerels , Japanese fried rice, sushi ,varieties of jams, the list is huge, and I can't recollect any more. But what my kid loved the most was the chocolate fountain. Long sticks with fruits, mashmallows is kept separately to dip in chocolate fountain. Fruit counter was also amazing, with all fruits ,flavored yoghurt with many a flavours. All in all I loved it . It came to around 175 dirhams per person. But for stay in adults of atlantis, after discount we got- 150 dirhams.kids got half rate. Will recommend this breakfast buffet to all.

• Visited December 2012
Nottingham
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

A very busy buffet style restaurant. The range of food is impressive but be sure to book otherwise you will be waiting a while for a table.

Visited November 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Disappointing but can see the appeal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We visited Saffron twice during a 15 night stay at Atlantis, Dubai.

Rather like our review of Kaleidoscope (the other buffet style restaurant on the resort) we found ourselves wanting to give it a second opportunity after a disappointing first encounter.

We had the displeasure of encountering people of, at best, questionable manners and, at worst, downright unpleasant discourtesy on both occasions. We appreciate the casual nature and convenience of buffet service, and the fact the restaurant can't be responsible for the behaviour of patrons, but to be frank it was worst than Kaleidoscope.

The choice of oriental foods they offer is very good but the atmosphere you eat them in and the quality and taste of the food is something we really struggled with.

Kaleidoscope, as much as we didn't enjoy it, offered better food. It appears to attract a 'pile it high' culture of eating and the number of times we were pushed so somebody else could add the fourth or fifth samosa to their plate, on top of the piles of other food they had, was beyond recollection.

The desserts were nice to look at but very similar in flavour and appeal. Our 10 year old actually felt ill after the second meal here, having consumed very little but a somewhat undercooked looking piece of chicken (only noticed after she'd eaten half of it).

I can't fault the space or the efforts made to give people as much food to choose from as possible but is that really what it takes to make a restaurant appeal in a resort such as Atlantis?

It can't be put in the same bracket as the likes of Rondo Locatelli at the resort and nor should it - but I know which we decided to spend more time in (along with Seafire).

If you're staying on a limited spending budget or have meal vouchers (which appeared to be the vast majority using this restaurant) then I can see the appeal and I don't question it - but in our opinion it wasn't up to normal (or anywhere close) Atlantis group standards and it doesn't belong on the resort.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
“Good mix of Asian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Best part about this is that it is free with your room. A breakfast buffet that includes Western, Asian and Indian cuisine.

Visited December 2012