“A very enjoyable stay - and for 9 nights”

Premier Inn Dubai Silicon Oasis Hotel
Ranked #175 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. It's location may not be suited to beach tourism but for us it was fine. Taxis are very cheap in Dubai and we would get taxis to visit the attractions. It was nice getting back to the hotel in the evening and being able to relax in the hotel bar / restaurant. The internet is well connected throughout the hotel and without cost.

I found In Dubai you're never far from an in-use angle grinder (a tool used to cut metal, stone etc). That applies to expensive hotels in Jumeira as much as Silicon Oasis. If you're a light sleeper then ask reception for a room that may not be effected by local developments. Sometimes work can be at times you don't expect. It's certainly not as bad as it may seem. I'm a light sleeper and really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Check for any local construction work. There's a laundrette / cleaners 100 metres outside to the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank LondonDavid123
Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank daniel a
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed 3 nights from Feb. 15-17 2014. We are 2 woman who decided to see Dubai as a 3 night stopover from an 18 day India trip just for a glimpse. So we didn't want to spend much. I booked this hotel because it seemed really nice place and inexpensive. I was really pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms and staff. Average size room and bathroom. Spotless and the bathroom had really good water pressure and hot water. Hot water pot and coffee, tea, sugar etc provided in the room as well as bottled water which is not needed since the Dubai water from the tap is fine. The breakfast buffet is AED55 for a list of western foods with the option of some Arabian inclusions. Less price for a continental choice. I can't speak to the quality since I didn't eat there but elsewhere, either on a safari, tour, or in a restaurant. WiFi is free and strong to my room on the 5th floor. This is important to me since I upload my trip photos for my family to see as I go along as well as email them about the adventure. The photos are usually many megabytes of data so a fast connection is good.

Right now the hotel is surrounded by building sites in progress. Barren except for that. I suppose in 2 years or so the entire area will be filled with high rises.The area is called Silicon Oasis because of the hope that if you build it, high-tech companies will come. The trip from the airport was AED 76.5 but I was only charged 75 when I handed the driver AED100. Returning to the airport was AED36. The driver said when asked why the difference that the starting fee from the airport is more. Also I surmise the rate.

At this date In the Middle of Nowhere describes the location. But the hotel has a shuttle that goes to the Emirates and Dubai Malls as well as a 2 other stops. Could be more frequent, but we made it work. Dubai Mall has all the good stuff, Emirates Mall is mainly Ski Dubai. On the Air Emirates flight we saw an advertisement in airline magazine for Arabian Adventures which is run by the Emirates government. They will come pick you up and return you to this hotel. You can book half, full, or overnight safaris and tours of Dubai and/or the desert. We only had time for a couple of these and couldn't go on the desert/dinner overnight one that we really wanted. Many tours are not offered on a Monday. The tour adventures really made up for the lack of being able to just step out of your hotel and walk around and see something interesting. Really, nothing here. I would advise that the tours are better than a mall (oh no!) and a reason to visit Dubai all by themselves. I wouldn't have looked into them if the hotel were in the heart of a shopping area. I plan on scheduling another Dubai stopover and staying here again longer just to take other tours some of which offer opportunities to SHOP and you save money for it by staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank Lacornelia
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Solo female traveller stayed 5 nights and would certainly come back. Rooms are adequate but not extraordinary, excellent for the price. Position of the hotel is a bit out of the way, but has shuttles to take you to the city and beach free. Arrangements for pick up and drop off to the airport can be made easily and affordably. The restaurant downstairs is peaceful with a good range of food and wine and has a very good breakfast.
Staff are excellent very helpful speak English and make you feel at home, you feel so comfortable, they made my stay in Dubai so memorable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Sheryl R
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and had a late flight on the 3rd night. I waited in the lobby area and was getting tired. Staff could see this and instantly the manager offered me a room for a few hours to rest free of charge. Didn't need to do this but was just a nice gesture from them.
Hotel was clean, tidy and staff were all extremely helpful with any questions I had as was travelling alone. As it is a distance from the city center, they provide a shuttle bus to various locations in the city at certain times throughout the day (taxis are cheap anyway).
Would definitely return.

Room Tip: I was on floor 5 and was perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Angharad L
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on a stopover en route to Australia. I chose this hotel due to the price of a single room & the reviews. I was a bit concerned about the fact that I was travelling alone and the fact this this hotel was further out but I needn't have worried.

At Dubai Inernational I jumped into a taxi to the hotel, around 30 minutes & 75 Dirhams.
Upon arrival at the hotel I was greeted by Joy - very friendly & welcoming. She advised me that because I had arrived early my room wasn't yet ready, which I understood. She said that she would be able to check me in early - this would normally be charged at 150 dirhams but she would waiver this for me. While I waiting I spent some time by the roof-top swimming pool - quite cool in the mornings. Towels are provided on sunbeds. Gym has a few machines - all that you need of a gym whilst away.

Rooms are very spacious. Flat screen TV with english channels. Good cupboard space with hangers. Hairdryer in room. Bathroom is also a decent size, towels are changed daily if nessecary. The bed was very comfortable - something I always find at Premier Inn.

There is a Costa Coffee stand in the hotel reception which I used several times. Always good coffee/drinks & snacks readily available. Priced reasonably. I didn't use the hotel bar or restaurant.

I used the hotel shuttle once to get to Dubai Mall. This took around 40-45 minutes. The hotel shuttle runs various services daily. You can email hotel ahead to find out what service runs on which day. Very handy & saves money.

I took a taxi back from Jumeriah Beach and this cost 45Dirhams.
Taxis are always generally available outside the hotel. I left the hotel at 6am in the morning (reception 24 hours) & a taxi was available out. 45 dirhams back to the airport.
I had read previously that some taxi drivers didn't know the location of this hotel but I never had this problem when using a taxi.
As taxis are the main mode of transport to & from this hotel (outside of the shuttle times) I was advised to use the following website to calculate cab fares so I knew roughly how much I would need to put aside and found it quite accurate - http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Dubai-UAE

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Premier Inn Silicon Oasis and would stay here again. Staff are a credit to this hotel and some of the best I have experiened.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank dani_lea
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This hotel is good value for money, though quite a distance out of town. The rooms are clean and tidy, and more spacious than the standard premier inn rooms in the UK. The staff are VERY warm and welcoming and more than willing to answer any questions, offering help and guidance - Thanks to all!
The shuttle bus helps to keep costs down and serves the Emirates and Dubai malls, the old city and also the main beach, but the travelling can eat into your schedule if quite tight. Unfortunately didn't get time to make use of the rooftop pool.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple