“Overall Review of our stay in the hotel”

Premier Inn Dubai Silicon Oasis Hotel
Ranked #174 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Overall Review of our stay in the hotel”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had previously stayed in premier inn , Barking, London on more than one occasion and we enjoyed our stays. This time we came to Dubai, UAE, and stayed in Premier Inn Dubai Silicon from Sep 21, 2013, to October 1,2013.Honestly speaking, we had our previous experience in my mind besides importance of the location for my current visit .Frankly speaking, various services privided during the visit were so good. The room was promptly and neatly cleaned and groomed.Washroom was cleaned properly and maintained. Room service was efficient and courtious.Visit to certain important shopping malls was made easy by the hotel. The hotel staff efficiently facilitated as to how to get taxies or to visit important places or restaurants. The staff at the Reception Counter was courtious and well behaved.A special mention may be made of staff namely Ms Juti and Mr. Reyaz Jamaluddin. Mr.Reyaz provided an efficient service and exibited a courtious and good behaviour at the reception counter.
I enjoyed each day of the said stay in the hotel, and look forward for any future stay in the hotel. I will try to recommend it to my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have a good outer view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I initially planned to stay at Premier Inn DSO for two weeks but ended up stsaying for 5 more weeks. The two excellent features of the hotel are the high quality customer service as well as excellent shuttle service, which helps atone for the isolated location of the hotel. I would particularly like to thank the shuttle driver, Mr. Shekar, who was always courteous, always punctual!

Sydney
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at Premier in Dubai Silicon Oasis on my last business trip in Sept – Oct 2013. I stayed for 4 weeks.
This is a great place for both family and business. You will notice right away that all staff are friendly, attentive, caring.
The place is clean. I went to the pool up in the roof every morning. The pool area is maintained superbly well by this friendly staff –Khaled (thanks). It’s very nice this way.
It may be a bit far from the city, but taxi is cheap here.
Again, a great place for both family and business.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kerteh, Malaysia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The thing I love about Premier Inn is that everything is just so easy. Free parking, free wi-fi, free bottled water, free shuttles and great service makes it an excellent choice every time.

We stayed here 2 nights on a stopover to South Africa. We arrived at the hotel at 7.30 am and since they had a room ready, they allowed us to check in early. I don't know any other hotel that would do that without trying to charge you.

The room was clean and comfortable and very quiet.

Service was great right across the board, from the reception staff to the pool attendant, everybody was very helpful.

We had continental breakfast and the choice was really good, including the porridge which says a lot (We're Scottish). We didn't have dinner in the hotel but we did have lunch (a salad) which was okay but nothing to write home about. To be honest, no-one comes to Dubai to eat in the Premier Inn, there's too many fabulous restaurants available and taxis are cheap, so head out if you can.

The hotel is about 20 mins from the airport. We had a hire car but I know the hotel offers free shuttle buses to the major malls which is great. Mirdiff City Centre mall is only 10 minutes away and this is where the locals go and it's a lovely mall, albeit without any fancy gimmicks like fountains and aquariums, but it's well worth a visit.

There's a small pool on the roof and as well as free towels, there was a life guard on duty whenever we went up.

All in all we would definitely recommend this hotel. From my other reviews you can see we are big fans of Premier Inn in the UK, and this one certainly reminded us of what it is we love about the brand.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LindyIrving121
Chennai, India
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip for 3 days. Located a bit far from the city and from the airport (taxi costs about 75 Dirham), there is nothing of interest nearby, in fact there are hardly any buildings nearby, and most of the rooms overlook nothing but sand all around. However the hotel is extremely clean and well maintained, rooms are comfortable with a good worktable. Bathrooms are extremely clean & spotless. Beds are comfortable and provide good sleep quality. Overall the rooms are large and comfortable, furnished with just the basics, without anything fancy. The WiFi is free and has decent speed, sufficient for everyday work and skype too.There is only one restaurant and a bar next to it; there's a Costa Coffee stall in the lobby. There do not appear to be any other eateries nearby, although I was told that the Silicon Oasis building down the road had a food court. The breakfast is good and filling, although the menu appears to be same every day. While the hotel charges 55 AED towards breakfast, it should be noted that there is also an option of "continental breakfast" which is basically bakery items (toast/rolls/waffles, etc) and cereals, with tea/coffee, which costs AED 25 only. The main 55 AED breakfst includes all these and additionally four or five hot items like omlettes. chicken, etc.If you are a vegetarian like me, the continental breakfast would do fine, and you need to make this clear while checking in, because they swipe your card for the full stay value (incl b/fast) when checking in.

I was away for most of the day on work, and used the restaurant & bar in the evenings; the bar is cheerful and noisy and a good place to unwind, I was told there is no other bar in the vicinity so it was packed most days. The food menu was limited but tasty. If you are there on vacation, you would have to use the hotel shuttle or taxis as the main shopping areas are far away. In fact as it is quite far from most of the shopping or nightlife areas, there is little to do once you are back in the hotel in the evening, unless you wish to once again get into a taxi and travel half an hour downtown. There is in fact nothing around this hotel and one cannot take a walk for window-shopping or just plain looking around, simply because there are only one or two office block around and rest all is vacant lots, all you can see is sand. This hotel is useful only if you have work in the Silicon Oasis area. To get to the airport from the hotel, it is better to take a taxi (about 45 AED - cheaper than the taxi from the airport), avoid the hotel car which is very expensive

2 Thank sekharr
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Me and wifey decided to take a vacation in Dubai... We just needed a place to crash at night because we were roaming arnd most of the time during the day.. So we chose this hotel which had ok reviews and seemed to be good value for money..

However when we arrived it was a different story... the hotel is quite close to the airport... it was just a 30 min drive which cost us 75 dirham... checkin was smooth... we arrived at ~2pm and had a desert safari booked at 4pm... while leaving I told the guy at the reception to get our room done by housekeeping... he really gave me a cold reaction saying that since we had just checked in it was not required... I explained to him tht we just needed the dustbins cleaned... tht eased him out a bit... but the first reaction was very cold...

I had read most of the reviews and was hopeful for a good stay... so ignored this first encounter... however things kept on deteriorating further during the rest of the stay... our bedsheet got stained, but wasn't replaced... the complimentary water bottles, sometimes you get 1, other time you get 3... there were flies in the room... the mattresses aren't at all comfortable.. I tried to use the bathtub... though it was quite nice and good size, when I tried to drain it, all the soapy water came out of the drainage next to the toilet seat... its really disgusting...

Now, another incident to top it all!!! one night we are sleeping... at 3am in the morning I hear somebody trying his key at my door... I ignore thinking it's a mistake and he will soon go away... he keeps on trying and I am hoping it will soon stop... and then... the room opens! I am like stunned... I try to grab my slippers and rush to the door... by the time I open it he's gone... I am shocked and I call reception... the guy says he will send up the security... we wait and nobody comes... we had a hectic day ahead of us... so we just try to go back to sleep...

Only good thing we liked about the hotel was the shuttle service... its quite useful and the driver guy is super cool and friendly... one time I forgot my wallet at the hotel and he even offered to lend me some money so tht we don't waste time in gng back to the hotel... he is really awesome..

all in all I will say tht you should avoid this hotel... its quite far from the city if you are here for leisure... and it didn't turn out any value for money with the above incidents and the fact tht you spend quite a fortune on taxis if you miss the free shuttle...

Room Tip: If you opt for a room facing burj khalifa, beware it will be facing the highway... so there will alw...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Prashant K
Bermuda
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This premier inn is a nice clean, cheap hotel with a good rooftop pool area. A family of four would find the room very small but a couple will be fine. You are a little far out on town if you want to be in the centre of things but taxis in Dubai are cheap. There is a bar and restaurant next to the lobby. The evening food was quite dull - so go out and explore rather than stay in to eat. Breakfast was good though. Front desk staff were helpful and solved all problems that arose.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family