“No stars for this hotel from me.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Downtown Dubai

Ramada Downtown Dubai
Ranked #66 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
CANONSBURG
“No stars for this hotel from me.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2010

After having stayed at the Ramada in Bur Dubai these past two and half years but I will now being choosing another hotel. My first experiences with this particular Ramada were good ones. Back then it was a no hassle deal for the hotel staff to provide a complementary ride to and from the airport, free use of the business office with free internet for this business traveler to use at my leisure and the counter staff was friendly and were eager to accommodate me with extra water for the room. When I arrived without a reservation the front desk did their best to find me the better room price for my stay. I came and went and could have guests without question. However, my last three stays at this Ramada have gone from awkward to very uncomfortable and now to downright unwelcoming. On one occasion I was unexpectedly charged after I had reserved complementary hotel transportation to the airport as I surprisingly found out upon arriving at the airport destination. During my next stay I brought this transportation matter to the attention of the hotel manager who was eager to make my transportation requirement to and from the airport a cost free reality after I threatened to cancel my upcoming reservations. Most recently, the counter staff told me that because I made my reservation via the internet that I would no longer be afforded hotel transportation to and from the airport and that I would need to take a taxi. Remember, I have been a regular customer at this particular hotel for awhile now. During my past three or four stays, I have had to repeatedly ask for replenished drinking water when during my early stays water and fresh fruit was always to be found in my room without having to ask. A couple of stays ago, I was informed by the desk staff that I would be charged to utilize the business office internet which would be priced at fifteen minute intervals. The final straw came when I had invited guests come to see me off while I finished packing an hour before my checkout. I was stopped by security who would not allow my guests into the hotel. Embarrassed, I confronted the desk staff and threaten to not stay there anymore. They then put their rude security guy back on his chain. I didn’t even know that they had a security guy, so I am guessing that he would be a new hotel hire which will only increase the cost of staying there. This hotel’s rates have gone up quite a bit over the past couple of years but the quality of customer care and service has also gone down quite a bit, I know I have been paying more for less. Now I will be staying in another hotel in Bur Dubai, one that offers good customer service and wants my business. The Bur Dubai Ramada has truly taken on an inhospitable behavior.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank RocketClub1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2010

The service was really bad.

Although i called the hotel to confirm my booking and they took note of my arrival at 3:00PM. I arrived at 3:15PM to be told my room is not ready yet. Apparently the occupants did not leave yet. The receptionist was apologetic and tried to convince me that since the hotel was heavily booked it was normal to be late for 1 to 2 hours.. The lobby was so small and crowded i could not imagine staying that long to wait for my room.

In general the furniture, floors, doors, amenities etc. all are tired of bad quality that could meet a 2 star to 3 star standard at best. It was advertised as burj dubai / fountain view however the view was limited somewhat. e.g. in the balcony i could see the burj from one angle only and have to look to the left of the balcony normal sitting orientation to see the fountain. The glass of the windows was not clean all over the flat. That included the glass on the balcony which obstructed visibility when sitting. The bathrooms were not clean. The towels were not very clean and of bad quality. Most importantly the water pressure in the bathroom and shower was very weak and added to the feeling that it was 2 to 3 stars service. The AC fans were noisy. Not sure about AC cooling because it was December.

liked best: walking distance to Dubai mall - it is nice walk with the nice weather in December.

liked least: room not ready at 3:00 PM for 2 hours and service and quality do not meet high price charged for it.

overall i regretted staying in this hotel which charged me premium for a less than average service. The price is very exaggerated even with the burj / fountain view.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tbdreams
rochdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

Stayed here with husband and 3 children for husband's 50th Birthday. Absolutely loved the location - perfect for Dubai Mall and restaurants/shops. View of the Dubai Fountains was amazing. Free shuttle to Jumeirah Beach Park was an added bonus. Not too far from all other attractions - most we paid in a taxi was £12.00 to Atlantis Aquaventure. Apartments really spacious, well equipped kitchen and washer/dryer. Service from staff was excellent. Only small gripe was they charged us an extra night as we arrived on an early morning flight - maybe I shouldn't gripe about this but just felt for 5 hours it was a tad excessive. Would stay here again - perfect for families who need flexibility.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank natzack1804
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 8 days recently. If you are looking for a non beach, downtown option then look no further than here. It’s very central and a handy walk from a number of going out options as well as a short taxi ride to many more. The apartments are clean, spacious and well equipped. You have all the luxury of a hotel suite at a decent rate.
The staff were excellent and I could not speak highly enough of them. From the guys at the concierge desk through to the management all really decent, friendly and helpful people.
The hotel does not have a bar so pick up something at the Duty Free when you arrive but that should not put you off in the slightest as there are loads of social options nearby if you run dry.
I was in Dubai with work, my wife was with me and it suited us both for different reasons.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank IrelandDuf
Sunderland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

Stayed at the Ramada for one night between the 12th and 13th October and I can only recommend the hotel. Really nice apartment and the reception staffs delivered an excellent service and were really helpful throughout my stay. The hotel is located in a convenient location within walking distance to the Dubai Mall / Dubai Fountain and only 20 min taxi ride to the airport.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank steffendenmark
Zürich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

I stayed at this hotel 5 nights.

This hotel is in fact a kind of 'serviced apartment'-style hotel. You get much more than just a room, cause the apartments include a fully equipped kitchen, living room, spacious bath room and a nice bedroom with lots of wardrobe / storage room (I am thinking here of long-term rentals).

The location is within walking distance of the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. To use the metro (and because there is lots of construction work going on around this hotel area) one has to use a taxi, or the hotel shuttle bus service (provided free of charge).

Next door to the Ramada building is a supermarket (open from 09:00 - 22:00) where on can buy things for breakfast / diner. Ideal for families who dont want to eat out all the time.

So, the location is a big PLUS and the price / rate I booked at was VERY good for the service / apartment which I got.

The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank zurich_man
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights. The location is great, you can see the dubai mall from your room. We stayed in a room which had lovely views over the dubai fountains, they were great. The staff are very helpfull, there is usally taxis outside the hotel.

It is about 20mins from the airport. The rooms are spacious and very clean. There is complimentary water/juice etc left in your fridge. The facilities are good. Internet free and fast.

There is a small supermarket about 5mins from the hotel. You could walk to the dubai mall it takes about 10/15mins. It is a nice walk. There is a nice pool but since it was July it was too humid outside to use it.

The only negative aspect is that the hotel does not serve alcohol in the mini bar. Seemingly it is down to the managers choice. If we had known we would have brought some from duty free.

We stayed with a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I had researched to find an apartahotel and I was very pleased with my choice regarding location/price/cleanliness etc.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family