“Great burj khalifa and fountain view”

Ranked #66 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The reception and room service are a bit slow. Suite is clean, spacious and nice design. Windows need to be cleaned more often. Bed is a bit stiff. Breakfast is superb, pool is very nice. The best thing was waking up to burj khalifa view and sleeping to fountains view. Great location in dubai, taxis always available. All in all it was a lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Visitor202
Wael116566, General Manager at Ramada Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Ramada Downtown Dubai.

We have noted your feedback about the service and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience may have caused you. I have personally convey to the concern department to look into this matter to ensure that we are meeting the guests’ expectation. On the other point, we are happy to read your compliments for the design and cleanliness of the rooms, food and your overall impression are noted.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and assuring you of our best services and prompt attention at all times.

For your future reservations, you may contact us via our website for direct booking at the best available rates.

Ramada Downtown Dubai

Write a ReviewReviews (2,376)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

It was really nice experience to stay at Ramada Downtown.
it doesnt matter that your pocket do not allow you to stay in any five star hotel either in Burj or in any hotel in near by area but even though you can have that experience while staying at Ramada Downtown with Burj View rooms.
it is really fantastic to see fountain show from the hotel room or balcony.
in my opinion it is really worth of your spending while you are staying at Ramada Downtown.

Room Tip: Rooms with Burj View will be the best choice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Ramada Downtown Dubai.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that you had a nice experience with us and met your expectations.

Once again we would like to thank you for supporting us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel is in a great location down town and easy access to Dubai Mall, Dubai Fountain and plenty of restaurants to visit. Also a Spinnys supermarket next door. Breakfast was very good with plenty of options

We were aware this was more or a residence hotel and were very impressed by the service we received. The pool is slightly small, but was never full. A quick thank you to the excellent life guard on duty while we visited. He rescued a small girl who was struggling to swim, whilst her father didnt even notice and just spent his time on the phone - WELL DONE to that member of staff.

They also made a lovely celebration and brithday cake in our room for my wife - a great touch.

Rooms were very good, good size and a great view over the fountain.

Would I visit this hotel again if I was going to Down town area - YES and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for a outstanding post you've made on TripAdvisor. I was very glad to know that we have met your expectations. We truly pride ourselves in maintaining the highest standards of hospitality and we are constantly striving to achieve more compliments from our guests. Hence, please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our team members, as it is very rewarding and motivating to receive such positive feedback. Once again, thank you for your nice comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Downtown Dubai.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel is a failure, and was a complete disappointment. You certainly don't get your moneys worth in this hotel. My husband and I arrived at this small hotel and had to wait for ages to go to our room. The pool has absolutely no service, the restaurant is completely dead. We had advance bookings for a massage and when we arrived we were told the spa has closed and when we called the reservations # they told us that the hotel management had shut them out without notice leaving their belongings and reservation book inside, hence not calling us to let us know. This sounds like a very disorganized hotel and i would not trust such management. Overall there is no ambience or activity in the hotel to be enjoyed. We will not be going back to this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sisi B

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel during your recent visit to Dubai and for taking the time to address your feedback.

Your complaint came to us as unexpected as none of the other guests had reported a similar problem before and after your stay. As Zen Lounge, is an outsourced centre for which we have less involvement of the management on board. However, your feedback will be sent across to the spa manager to inform their guest and to discontinue their reservations with immediate effect in order to avoid such incident in the future.

Rest assured, I have noted all your comments and I am pleased to inform you that each of your points were certainly taken on board and discussed with the relevant departments.

We appreciate the time you have taken for the feedback and hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I booked this hotel 2 months ago. I was travelling by myself and arriving about 9 pm. I specifically booked a balcony suite so I could sit on the balcony and watch the lights on the lake, without having to venture out on my own. When I arrived tonight they told me my room wasn't available and I would have to take a room without a balcony. I was very disappointed. This was to be a highlight of my trip, I don't understand how if I booked and paid for this room two months ago they could then let it to someone else. This is the first and last time I will book a Ramada hotel .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank triciafromoz
Wael116566, General Manager at Ramada Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

First and foremost please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations. I have noted your comment. But we would like to assure you that this situation does not reflect the standards, the procedures nor the spirit we conduct our business at Ramada Downtown. However, I would highly appreciate if you could email on info@ramadadowntowndubai.com your reference number in order to investigate the same and reply back to you accordingly.

It is our goal to maintain the highest standards of service to all our guests and we appreciate you having taken the time to write to us. It is only from feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our facilities and services.

We would very much welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the Ramada Downtown for a one night stop over in Dubai. We arrived at the hotel before 6am and received excellent service. The hotel held our bags and arranged the earliest possible check-in, instead of making us wait until 3pm. We stayed in a Junior Suite, which was incredibly spacious and offered amazing views of the Burj Kalifa and fountains. The hotels location was perfect for us. It was within walking distance of the Dubai Mall and metro station. We will definitely return to this hotel during future trips to Dubai.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I know this hotel well. I've stayed at the Ramada downtown for 1 week every month since sept 2012 and will continue to stay here throughout 2013. Staff are great, large clean rooms and a perfect location for DIFC. Only comment is that the internet is a bit slow and you can only log on with one device unless you pay for another.. But I'm told they're sorting that out.
If you fancy a treat go for the two bed over looking the fountains but all other rooms are spacious and comfortable for a longer stay.

Don't agree with the comments about housekeeping, I've always had a great service and the room is always cleaned when I get back. Laundry service is also fast and good quality.

Highly recommend.

Andrew Roberts

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nottstravellers

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you did like the hotel, however, was concerned reading your comment in regards to the internet usage. The reason we have only one free connection is that we cater to large families here and each of them come with a different device, hence providing a connection to all completely slows down the internet connection. Downloading and other browsing becomes a hassle, hence we have 1 free connection and additional devices are chargeable. This is according to the survey of competitor hotels. We are therefore sorry we were not able to meet with your expectations. But we would like to assure you that this situation does not reflect the standards, the procedures nor the spirit we conduct our business at Ramada Downtown.