“Huge Rooms, Great View”

Ranked #71 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Los Angeles, California
“Huge Rooms, Great View”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I don't know if they just ran out of regular rooms, but I received a huge suite for my one night stay at the Ramada Downtown Dubai, that had a full kitchen including laundry machine, living room, as well as a separate bedroom. The rooms were nice, well furnished, and comfortable, but I have to admit that, except for the time I was asleep, was in the room for probably only an hour or two. The location is convenient to the Dubai Mall (about 10 minute walk), and the views are great (I was on the City side, not the Burj Khalifa side, and even then, the views are great). I found service to be on the slow side at breakfast as well with a relatively slow check out, as I felt the front desk and breakfast room was understaffed compared to other hotels in the Middle East (no problems at check in, though, but there were no other customers there when I checked in).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank redanteater
Wael116566, General Manager at Ramada Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Ramada Downtown Dubai on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that you had thoroughly enjoyed the view of your room and our location.

We have noted your feedbacks and please do accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that it may caused you during the breakfast and check out service. We have arranged for the required retraining and actions to be taken to prevent reoccurrences.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and assuring you of our best services and prompt attention at all times.

For your future reservations, you may contact us via our website for direct booking at the best available rates.

Ramada Downtown Dubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Dubai Mall, one of the liveliest and most happening malls of Dubai and staying at the Ramada gives you the advantage of easy accessibility (read, walking distance) to the mall. Pick a room with a view of the fountain at Dubai Mall, and your evenings will never be dull; provided you do decide to spend them in your room. A room at a 20+ floor with a balcony can be good too. The food doesn't disappoint either, but do remember to mention your room preference well in advance since the hotel front desk can be a little less courteous at times.

Room Tip: Pick a room with view of the Dubai Mall fountain and not the Business Bay. The rooms with an attach...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Ramada Downtown Dubai.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that you had a nice experience with us.

On the other note, we have noted your feedback about our Front Desk Team and I have personally convey to the concern department to look into this matter and to act upon your comment accordingly.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have been twice to Ramada downtown . The first time for a business trip. We liked the spot so much that we booked it again for a private trip. Ramada downtown is the only affordable luxury hotel within a short walking distance from the famous dancing fountains and the Burj Khalifa. The other 2 are the Adres and the Armani. Those hotels costing minmum of 1000 us per night. Within a romanic 100 meter stroll you are already on the hind side of the fountains. This is actually the better side if you like to enjoy the fountains without the croud. Kodak moments are even better because you are closer to the fountains. ( I added a photo to show) As you walk around the fountains to the Dubai Mall or for an alcoholic coctail up the stairs to the Adress.
The view from the rooms of the Ramada are amazing..Its exactly as the pictures from the website. Ramada has, get this, STARBUCKs roomservice!!! As well as at the pool! The friendly, courteous and flexible staff are always ready with a smile. No arrogance as I would have expected from a hotel with this location. It was even so that there was a staff party and I heard some nice music, so I looked a bit and they even invited me to join. Just an example of how they see their customers. I was working, trying to finish off a presentation ( my assistant was in holland and I am terrible at these things) in the business lounge. The Lady working at that moment noticed my frustration, asked me if she could help, I was stunned.!!!.She helped me finish it off within 30 minutes.. Yes for business it is a great location. The taxis are rigth in front. Do not have to drive through busy streets. No croudiness or long lines. Nice Lexus taxis without being overpriced.I had one minor problem with a driver. I told the manager about it and without any discussion I received a refund. From that moment on the staff asked me every day if everything is ok. Like they told the hole staff. I heard Ramda have a staff party every month…No wonder the employees do their best!!!..

Room Tip: If possible choose a room with the Burj Khalifa, fountain view.. price/ quality more than excellent...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing the Ramada Downtown Dubai and I am delighted to read your comments that you had thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience with us and the hotel met your standards.

It is our goal to maintain the highest standards of service to all our guests and we appreciate you having taken the time to write to us. It is only from feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our facilities and services.

I have personally conveyed your feedback to the teams and they are all very happy to know that they made your stay even more special.

Once again thank you for supporting us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 10, 2012

HAPPY-
I heard a lot about this hotel over the internet from sites like TripAdvisor, Expedia, Priceline, etc. Based on these great comments from the users I went ahead and made my booking at this hotel for 2 nights for a stopover in Dubai.
I will not deny that the rooms were excellent. I could not think of something that would be missing. Pretty nice and clean and best of all there were power adapters for US and other country electronic devices. Well thought about.
The views were also the best. Sitting on the 29th floor, getting a view of the world famous dancing fountains below was more than awesome. Location was also excellent as it was a walkable distance to the Dubai mall.
UPSET HERE-
I was more than little upset with the overall service as such.
A. Internet - Hotel comes with free WIFI. I had great connectivity on the first day and very happy. But the second day was a hiccup. It was just too slow and most of the times it was not working in the morning. I called the Front desk and they issued me a new password whcih I don't know why they think should have helped. It didn't. I made several attempts to call them and get some resolution to my internet problem and every time there was a weird problem. I spent more than 6 hrs in this cycle which completely wasted my time as I was heavily dependent on the internet to get some of my work offloaded. I was even ready to pay if they can provide some reliable internet, but that was not an option. I was quite angry at this time. None of their weird answers worked and then they pulled the chord and called it as an outage after around 8 hrs. Several times they said they'll investigate and call back in 10 mins. THEY NEVER CALLED BACK. So net net they don't know what the problem is and they don't know how to engage to solve such problems.
B. Staff is Ok to respond to you, but I see a service deterioration here. Either they are too busy or lack motivation as such. Their responses were mostly blank and they want to move on. Nothing in specific observed here, but I felt the missing connection which I get in other hotels I stay.

Room Tip: Near to the Dubai mall Stunnig views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PDWanjari
Wael116566, General Manager at Ramada Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us and for not being able to meet with your expectations.

With regards to the internet, please be informed that internet connections during your stay has been disturbed due to the works ongoing for upgrading our system in order to provide better service on the same. Once again, our apology for the staff service and we have begun putting a comprehensive plan in place to provide better and efficient service. Extensive training will be given to all our associates to avoid any operational difficulties in the future.

On the positive note, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our location and guest room facilities.

We would very much welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 6, 2012

After scouring TripAdvisor and looking at lots of different hotels of all sorts I decided to stay at the Ramada Downtown, I chose it because it is located within walking distance of the Dubai Mall and offers one bedroom suites with breakfast for a reasonable price.

I LOVED this hotel.When I arrived I was given a glass of delicious cold sparkling pear juice. And every evening was greeted with coffee and dates and one evening they were handing out chocolates.

My suite was huge and very comfortable. I enjoyed having a separate living room and kitchen. There is a nice grocery store next door so I stocked up on snacks and drinks and enjoyed sitting on the couch looking at the sparkling lights of the city.

The TV had several English speaking stations so I was able to watch TV to wind down before bed- something I rarely can do when travelling.

The service was fabulous- the concierge arranged for a desert safari for me and managed to procure a reservation for me at the Sky Bar at the Burj Al Arab. When I asked for an English paper I got one!

Breakfast was delicious- a full buffet of hot western style foods, a full buffet of cheeses and cold meats, an assortment of cereals and fruits. yogurts and muffins and breads. Along with made to order eggs/omelettes.

There is a gym in the apartment complex next door that guest can use and accessed from the hotel. An outside pay area for kids and a cooled pool with areas for kids and adults.

There was even a small spa next to the pool.

I wa son the 32nd floor and didn't have an problem with the 2 large skyscrapers being built next door but my business partner on the 12th floor said they were working 24/7 and he had a hard time sleeping one night because of the noise.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Burj Kalifah would have been worth the extra cost. In addition those room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Wael116566, General Manager at Ramada Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review on Ramada Downtown Dubai on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that you had thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience with us and the hotel met your standards.

Once again we would like to thank you for supporting us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed December 2, 2012

As a much travelled individual, I feel qualified to review what I can only describe as a total disappointment. Don't be fooled by the Ramada name, this is far from what you can normally rely on from Ramada in terms of quality. I ordered 4 rooms through Booking.com, none of which were ready for occupation when we arrived at about 11am to be told that, as it states on the booking, check in time is 3pm. So, off we trooped to what they try and pass off as a restaurant but is not more than a canteen for a long wait for a tepid cup of tea. Nowhere else, other than the noisy, pokey reception lobby is available to sit and relax as a group. Eventually, we were shown to our rooms which, again, are disappointing. Bear in mind we paid over 1000 AED for these rooms. Whilst spacious enough, normal Ramada refinement is absent. No welcome pack (these are apartment type accommodation), batteries fall out the back of the remote control, stained table tops, three coat hangers between two of us. The location, whilst close to Dubai mall, is off the beaten track and you have to be fortunate enough to want to go out when a taxi is passing if you want to go anywhere. Don't expect the concierges to help as they are dim-witted and incompetent. Customer service is, quite clearly, a term they are completely oblivious to. It doesn't give me any pleasure writing this rather scathing review but i feel compelled to advise other fellow travellers that there are plenty of other hotels in Dubai and you'd be as well choosing one of them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brian657
Dear Guest,

First and foremost please accept our apologies for the shortfalls you mentioned following your recent stay with us. I have noted all your comments. However, I would highly appreciate if you could email on info@ramadadowntowndubai.com your reference number in order to investigate the same and reply back to you accordingly.

Please be informed that our team members are doing their utmost to accommodate as many guest requests as feasible, and I am therefore truly sorry we were unable to meet with your expectations.

Ramda Downtown Dubai
Adelaide SA
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I had a junior suite on the 24th floor from the minute you walk in you forget about what is a pretty nice room and get blown away by the view. Now back to the room large well equipped and comfortable. Great kitchen so don't have to get dressed to go to breakfast but saying that the breakfast was pretty good too down on level 2.

Staff was really helpfull specially for a novice UAE visitor like myself.

Would definitely stay here again and would love to take the family next time.

• Stayed November 2012
Wael116566, General Manager at Ramada Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, December 5, 2012