“Best Meal in Dubai So Far” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thyme

Thyme
Ranked #286 of 9,408 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Marina
Haddenham, United Kingdom
“Best Meal in Dubai So Far”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

ate here last night, & enjoyed the experience very much. Found it slightly strange walking through the pub bit 1st to reach the restaurant area, but once we got that far we liked the ambiance of where we were actually going to eat. Loved the massive choice of foods on offer, & everything was beautifully presented & clearly labelled. The staff were very attentive, clearing plates without any delay & checking everything was OK without being intrusive. We also found the live music very pleasant. Our only slight annoyance was that we came in thinking we were going to pay 96 dirhams each as advertised for a 2 course buffet, but when the bill came found that we had inadvertently helped ourselves to what counted as the "full buffet" & were therefore charged 145 dirhams each. If this had been made more clear from the start we could have made an informed choice & not ended up feeling a little cheated (& then would probably have made this a 5 star review) We were thinking of going back again later in our stay, but now we are not so sure......

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Torsten O, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Gaz_n_Gill,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent dining experience at Thyme restaurant.

It was a great pleasure to read your review with regards to your dining experience which you enjoyed, and I was happy to know that you considered it to be one of your best meals that you had in Dubai. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the food selection which you felt was massive, beautifully presented and clearly labelled, as well as the restaurant ambience and the live music that you enjoyed which have kindly mentioned was very pleasant. I will also definitely ensure to pass on your compliments about my team whom you felt were very attentive.

It is with regret if you had experienced confusion with regards to the price of the buffet. I would be most interested in discussing your feedback in more detail, to allow us to address all of your concerns further. I would therefore invite you to contact me directly at generalmanager.obt@jaresorts.com.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope to welcome you back to Thyme restaurant in the future.

“Meditarrinen feast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Not a huge buffet, but a nice selection, lots of nice flavors, good price, never been dissapointed.Good place for families.

Visited January 2014
Dear Beata L,

It was nice to read your review, and I was happy to know that you felt the restaurant was a good place for families. I do also appreciate your kind words about the buffet selection which you felt was nice with a variety of flavours, as well as the good value for money!

I would like to once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope to welcome you back to Thyme restaurant in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Friday brunch with a class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

145 aed/person for the Friday brunch is in the higher side. But you get unlimited cocktails and juices which other buffets don't offer and charge for any soft beverage
On top of it tea and coffees are also included
The food is good and savory but can have bit more variety. But everybody is sure to find something they like
They have a live band playing also which adds to the atmosphere.
The hotel has two settings on one side it's a quaint pub and on one it looks like a tavern
They also serve live grill and grill items of your choice
Recommended for a peaceful brunch on a lazy Friday
Did I mention the desserts are awesome and in much variety

• Visited January 2014
Torsten O, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Besanc0n,

I was delighted to read your review, and I was happy to know that you would recommend us. Please allow me to thank your for your positive remarks about the food which you have kindly mentioned was good, the awesome desserts, the wide variety of grilled food, the beverages available, as well as the live entertainment.

I would also like to advise you that the management team and I are constantly reviewing our prices to ensure that we remain competitive within the local market. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with the management team.

“Nice dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

It was not first time to take dinner in the Thyme and all of my friends were as pleased as Punch!
Best food and service as well.
Strongly recommend this place.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Torsten O, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Rdfhjvft,

As our returning guest, I was delighted to read your review and I was glad to know that you would strongly recommend us! Please allow me to thank you for your kind words about the food and service received which your friends enjoyed!

“a great buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Just wanted to acknowledge the excellent service and food at the Thyme Restaurant Friday brunch. Great variety of food to chose from, well presented and of a high standard. Really friendly and efficient staff. Kids had a blast too, decorating cookies. I Highly recommend this laid back and delightful restaurant, it has has an entertainer coupon too.

• Visited December 2013
Torsten O, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear lyndsey2012,

I was pleased to read your review and I was glad to know that you would highly recommend us! I do appreciate your positive comments about the restaurant’s buffet which you have kindly mentioned was great, the excellent food and service that you received as well as the wide variety of food which you felt was well presented and to a high standard! Please also allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you, whom you felt were really friendly and efficient. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.