“A lovely restaurant that we keep returning to.”
Review of Thyme

Thyme
Ranked #369 of 9,807 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My wife and I have been going to Thyme now since September last year and its become one of our favourites. The food is always good, the sea bass is a particular favourite for us both. We'd actually been in Dubai for a few months before we realised that this great eating place was there and if it hadn't been for family visitors coming across it we'd still be none the wiser, and are we glad they did as its within walking distance of our apartment. To have such a wonderful restaurant on our doorstep is a bonus!

There's always a lovely atmosphere inside the restaurant, the mediterranean decor and ambience add to the enjoyment of the meal itself and the attentiveness of the friendly staff tops it all off. The only downside to eating here for us personally is that we dine her so often that the menu holds no surprises for us any more. Its not very big for regular diners, of whom I'm sure there are plenty. I would like to see the a la carte menu change more often, if it did we'd likely eat here even more.

wpchf, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

Dear MrMc51,

I would like to thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent dining experience at Thyme restaurant.

It is always a pleasure to read reviews from our loyal guests, and we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your experiences with us. I would like to thank you for your positive words in relation to the food, atmosphere and the friendliness of my team.

We are pleased to update you that commencing on the 15th June, we are enhancing our carvery buffet to a full interactive buffet with live cooking stations, in addition there will also be a new supplementary a la carte menu available upon request.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Thyme restaurant in the future.

Yours sincerely,

William Harley-Fleming

Reviewed May 10, 2011

Myself and the good lady wife visited Thyme for Friday brunch. Venue is clean and comfortable, with a decent selection of sweet and savoury dishes, all cooked to a good standard (loved the egg florentines!)

Staff were very helpful and polite and the house band provided unintrusive music throughout the afternoon.

When we visited Thyme the restaurant was barely one-third full, which made a nice change from some of the more hectic brunches you can find in Dubai and contributed to the relaxed atmosphere.

Would visit again as the food was satisfying and the venue was easygoing.

Reviewed May 4, 2011

Very diversified and fresh food all around you in a pleasant and comfortable atmosphere, this restaurant is one of our favorites in Dubai, no doubt. You're gonna love this bite!

Reviewed May 2, 2011

I have been with my family several times in thyme restaurant over the past month. its a great place for a family dinner, the service is warm and friendly, the atmosphere welcoming and the food is great. the carving station is a welcoming change to the regular a la carte and the pork specialities and great for any pork meat lover

Reviewed April 30, 2011

I was here with my friend a couple of times food great, service great and it' s a nice place to chill