“Does what it says on the tin”

Premier Inn Dubai International Airport Hotel
Ranked #124 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I don't really see the point of reviewing budget hotels like the Premier Inn & Holiday Inn Express chains etc - you always know what to expect and they usually deliver - this one was no exception.

Caught the shuttle bus from DXB (turn left out of arrivals - the same stop serves all hotels so just wait for your purple bus) Checked-in in less than 2mins, the receptionist was friendly and gave us the password for the free wi-fi without us having to ask. You can see the airport from the hotel but it would be impossible to walk there due the the busy roads and lack of pavement.

The room was an adequate size and spotlessly clean, the bed was comfy with good quality cotton linen. 24hr coffee shop (Costa?) had a good choice of hot and cold snacks. The bar shut at 1am prompt.

Had an early flight so didn't get chance to try any of the other amenities. Check-out was just a matter of handing in your key, saying goodbye and catching the half hourly bus back to the airport. I'd stay there again if I needed a short layover hotel in Dubai.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScubaDeano
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Dubai International Airport Hotel

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great relaxing stay as usual and can't fault it, the new gym will be open shortly and albeit small it is well equipped and bang up to date! Naveen, Paul and staff well done for running this great establishment and I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Geoff M
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My last visit to this hotel was in April. I walked in to reception on this visit and was greeted by name. I can understand that from a receptionist, armed with the information, but the same happened with the breakfast greeter. As usual, the hotel is very calm, sparkling clean and the bed big and unbelievably comfortable. I have read a comment that the rooms are “dated.” Of course, this is a matter of individual opinion, but this is a fairly new hotel and the rooms I have occupied have been smart and comfortably furnished.

The location may not be considered ideal for a tourist visit. However, due to the quiet location, I would prefer to stay here and take a cheap taxi, or the free shuttle, to the city centre. It is also ideal for those who may be collecting you by car, as there is no city centre traffic to fight to get near the hotel.

When the hotel first opened, the airport shuttle service was hit and miss. This has totally changed and now offers an excellent service - there is even a bottle of cool water supplied during the short journey. The free wifi is a great benefit, as many hotels in the area charge for this, and the signal strength is good. I am always surprised to see this hotel in the budget category, as it is anything but budget. I have updated this review as I have just discovered that the hotel now has a Gym. If it hadn’t been for the ever helpful pool lifeguard, I wouldn’t have known. This was probably the only thing I missed by staying here, but now even that has been resolved. I used it for the first time, today, and there is an adequate range of brand new equipment. This is on the top floor, next to the outdoor rooftop pool, so a workout followed by a swim is convenient.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are at the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Roy R
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed two nights in the Airport Premier Inn on our way back to New Zealand. The Inn is close to the airport and a hotel bus runs to and from the airport at regular intervals. We use Premier Inns when we travel to the UK as they are all of the same high standard with roomy accommodation. This Dubai Inn met the same standard. The Inn provides free internet and there are free hotel buses to get you into places such as the Dubai Mall. There's a cafe and restaurant in the hotel and if your looking for a snack there are drink and snack machines on the upstairs pool level. There are no nearby shops.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HACKER69
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great service started before check-in when I had a special request and the hotel was very quick to reply to my emails.

We arrived in the middle of the night, no need to fill in any forms, we just handed over our passport and paid. The receptionist was friendly and the room was exactly as we had requested. The bus was waiting in the airport (a bit hard to spot - go out of the doors in Terminal 3 and it wait on the left) and left immediately with a quick stop in terminal 1.

We only had a few hours sleep because we wanted to get up and see a bit a bit of Dubai (well, a shopping mall!) but the morning receptionists were equally friendly and we were allowed to put our hand luggage in the luggage room while we went exploring.

Nothing to do with the hotel, but be aware that taxis do not like to take five people - we were lucky on the way to Dubai Mall but we ended up taking an illegal taxi back because we were in a rush. The price was actually the same as taking two normal taxis but we were worried about missing our flight so we didn't have time to run back upstairs to the main entrance of the mall.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There is technically nothing wrong with the room (bedroom and bathroom spacious, clean, quiet, airconditioned, with refrigerator and flatscreen TV), but we won't stay there again, even overnight, because the room is rather dated and unappealing. The hotel location is poor, with nothing of interest nearby (other than the airport). Thankfully, food and drink are available in the hotel, and the free 30-minutely shuttle bus is reliable. However, we would recommend staying somewhere much nicer in Dubai, such as the Pullman Mall of the Emirates Hotel, which is further from the airport but has excellent rooms and excellent location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dpwils0n
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Always stay here when travelling through Dubai!! Staff are warm, friendly and so so helpful. Rooms are bright, fresh smell and meet my needs. Free WIFI and also 3 computers in reception with free net and printers - nice touch as I could check in for my flight online and print off my boarding passes, therefore get to the airport and go straight to luggage drop off.
Costa Coffee shop is a nice extra in the lobby, great service and wide variety of snacks. The bar and restaurant excellent too, I had fish and chips with mushy peas and a pint of lager!! Great way to finish my evening. Free shuttle to the airport also, leaves every 30 mins 24 hours a day and driver will ask you what airline you are flying to ensure he drops you at the right terminal. I honestly cannot praise this hotel enough. Only downside is that it is located in residential area and not much to do in the immediate area although they do offer free shuttle to malls which I have not used as yet.

Room Tip: close to airport with free shuttle to and from airport!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business