“Very Central”

Ranked #117 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
karachi
“Very Central”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the 'Address Dubai Mall' hotel recently. As I reached the hotel I was greeted warmly by the concierge and than by the staff at the reception. The check in process was very smooth and hardly took any time. I moved to my room which was on the 33rd floor. As I entered, I noticed it was a one room apartment. Very nice and comfortable, with all amenities. The living room was quite roomy with a nice comfortable dining/utility area. Tea/coffee facility was available. The bed room was reasonable in size with a comfortable double bed. The bathroom, also medium sized, neat and clean with all amenities. Breakfast in the restaurant was also as per expectations, with a reasonably elaborate menu. The entrance to the mall was after the restaurant from inside, very very convenient. The apartment also contained a balcony overlooking the mall/city. Overall a nice place, specially if you are travelling with family who love spending time in malls.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank sainbasha
Vincent M, General Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear sainbasha,

I would like to thank you for your kind review of our hotel, and hoping to welcome you back to Dubai very soon.

Until then, Vincent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Manama, Bahrain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel has an amazing location right in Dubai Mall. We had a great view of Burj Khalifa from our apartment.

However, that does not make up for the fact that the apartment did not feel clean! When we first walked in, we realized that shower items, an old loofah, was still in the bathroom from the person who stayed in the room before we did. The shower curtain was moldy from the bottom. The sink was never "hotel clean," there was always dried soap on the faucet. Many of the towels had all sorts f stains on them. The mirrors were all rusty around the edges. Add all that to the fact that the bathroom was TINY!!! You literally could not turn around without hitting your elbow on something, which is surprising given that the room was of good size and it had good closet space.

Now the bed! Something was off. It did not feel clean. The first night there I woke up with huge bug bites on my arms and hands, which I had for the entire week and a half I was there (I still have the scar on my arm from one of the bites). We also had to call them and ask for the bed sheets and towels to be replaced, otherwise they would not change them. On one of the days I called THREE times to have the bed sheets changed, and every time they would only make up the bed without changing the sheets. The last time I came to my room late at night with my baby and realized the sheets were still the same stained ones, I did not bother to call a fourth time.

Third night in, my daughter developed a rash on her scalp from using their bed. She's still recovering from it after we took her to a doctor after coming back home.

There was no standard when it came to making up the room and the bathroom. Everyday the room would be arranged differently, and the same goes for the bathroom. One day, shower curtain to the left; one day, shower curtain to the right, you can't even get into the bath tub; one day, the shower curtain is tied up in a knot that you have to undo before you can use it; one day, four boxes of tissues; one day, one box of tissues; one day, one dental kit (even though we were two people staying in the room, we only ever got one of everything, even slippers); one day, a shoe shine instead; and the list goes on.

In a place like Dubai where there are ample hotels of superior quality and service, The Address cannot afford to maintain its current low standards.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank ddanaa
Dear ddanaa,

I do appreciate your feedback and very sorry to hear of your experience with us. I have shared your comments for our team for further investigation and action, and our immediate improvement. I would certainly like to know more information should you be willing to speak with me, my e-mail address is vmercurio@theaddress.com.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention for our improvement,

Kind regards,

Vincent
Beirut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

First let me say that my official rating is 4.5 instead of 4 but unfortunately the site does not let me vote this way.

We stayed there for 3 nights on a shopping trip to Dubai. This hotel is perfectly located right next to Dubai Mall, with direct access to the mall from within the hotel. No need to take a car or a taxi, just a few steps and you are in the middle of the biggest shopping mall in the world.

The front office staff were very attentive and helpful. It was delight to check in. Room service, laundry and any other service requested were amazingly prompt and efficient.

I have a few issues i would like to comment on:

- When we checked in to our Studio, we were not told that there was no Alcohol allowed in all the studio apartments
- The towels in the toilets, in my opinion, should be upgraded. They are a little rough on the skin and do not have the usual plush feeling that you get in other 5 star hotels.

Other than that, everything else was perfect.

I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room facing Burj Khalifa. Also, If you want alcohol to be served to your room, do n...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Soly20
Vincent M, General Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Soly20,

Thank you very much for your 4.5 rating! This makes our team very proud and I will certainly share with them. I have taken note of your two issues and will investigate further so we may improve our service to you. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hoping to see you again at our hotel very soon.

Wih kind regards, Vincent
Peppermint Grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I searched for 36 hours to select a hotel in Dubai as they are all lovely but mainly, not knowing which location to stay! I chose this as it was attached to the Dubai Mall, great pool and views of the Burj Khalifa! The entry is calm and has its own scent, which becomes quite familar to you during your stay. Rooms are spacious, however, we did select the Burj View, with Twin, all booked through the agent, and we arrived and it was a Queen bed! We ended up on a lower level, with views of the roof of the Dubai Mall and the plus view of the pool from our bathroom and some views of the Burj Khalifa. Disappointed with this because, if you book a room for a date with special requirements then one would expect to get it! BUT Yvonne was lovely during the process. The rooms made up well, with Aveda products, coffee machine, comfortable beds. Enjoyed the pool, did laps, had delicious food at Cabana bar. The breakfast was lovely, and the service and attention was 10/10. They were good to us on the last day we requested an extension on check out, which was done complimentary. Unfortunately I was sick with Giardia (unknown at the time, just thought I had eaten too much at the Burj Al Arab!!) Loved this hotel and would stay here again, we went to the bars at the Address Downtown too, lovely there.

Room Tip: Ring before you arrive to ensure your room type is secure! Burj Khalifa View Room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank peppie-10
Dear peppie- 10,

Thank you for your gracious review of our hotel, we are very appreciative of your sharing this experience with us. We do apologize on the room type requested and hoping that Yvonne did her best to re-assign you our best room available for your comfortable stay.

Our entire team hopes to welcome you back again very soon..

Until next time, Vincent
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

One of the best hotel I have ever seen!
Design rooms, clean and sofisticated.
It's in front of the Burj Khalifa and next to the Dubai Mall which is beautiful.Inside the mall there s the Acquarium.
You can get into the Dubai mall and the Tower directly from the hotel.
The staff is super gentle.
The pool is very nice and the pool staff also.

The only problem is that you are far more the beach and from the turistic centre.

WIFI is free.

GO THERE!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NicoleMaggio
Vincent M, General Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear NicoleMaggio,

Many thanks for your WOW review of us, we are very proud to receive your recognition of our hotel! We hope you will visit us again, and until next time.

Warmest regards, Vincent
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Address Dubai Mall on the second week of March and were very impressed. From valet parking we entered the hotel reception which is impressive. From fresh flowers and marbled façade, the first impression is quite stunning. We checked in very early, so our room was not available, but we were invited by the receptionist to use the Hotel facilities, so we had a few drinks at the pool area. We were then called to reception to get our assigned room. We actually had to wait till after 15:30 to get our room which was quite late, and I considered this unusual later in our stay, as on day of check out, we received a call in the morning to remind us to vacate our room by 12:00.
The room was extremely nice. No view to speak of, but nonetheless a really lovely room. The bathroom was very impressive, as were the entire room amenities. Everything you could want for was readily available, including a “Nespresso” style coffee machine. The bed was lovely and comfortable and we slept very well. We were on the 4th floor, and I was woken by the heavy thud of music from the Night Club on Thursday night, but that really didn’t detract much from our overall stay.
Breakfast was outstanding, with a wonderful choice of fresh fruits and juices, and a great selection of food. The service was very good, the food was excellent and the coffee was outstanding. Absolutely 5-star breakfast.
The pool area is impressive, comfortable, quiet and relaxing with very good service by the staff. The pool bar is a really relaxing place to just chill out in the evenings after a hectic day bouncing around in the City.
The location affixed to the Dubai Mall is just too convenient. My wife was in total shopping heaven. It is also well located for a short taxi ride to the Dubai museum, the Creek and of course the old Gold Souk, which was a center of attraction for my other half.
The hotel itself is absolutely immaculate in every way, from the rooms to the overall hotel décor and the excellent helpful staff. This is a superb hotel.
I would like to stay in the nearby Address Downtown Dubai the next time I visit Dubai, just to compare the Hotels, but I would have no hesitation in staying in this Hotel again, and would most certainly recommend it to my friends. Overall a first class hotel, with first class service. This is a Hotel you would always come back to. Absolutely loved our stay at The Address.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you don't get disturbed by the Night Club music at weekends
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelTrollKent
Dear TravelTrollKent,

I am very pleased to receive your very gracious review of our property, despite having to wait for your room at check in and evening noise. My team is always well recognized and extremely motivated when receiving comments like yours and we do appreciate your loyalty to us. We hope to welcome you and your wife back in the very near future.

All the best to you from our entire team,

Vincent
Red Bank, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for only one night and I wish I had been able to stay for a week. When I arrived very tired after flying in and then a long day of work, I was greeted at reception by a staff member who told me that I was actually at the wrong property and that my reservation was for a different location. The look on my face said it all. Not only was I exhausted and did not want to get back into a taxi, my intention was to stay here, so the travel booking was incorrect. The staff person asked me to take a seat and wait and went to speak with her manager. After 5 minutes I was informed that they had moved my reservation to their property and got me a room. I was very happy and relieved. I was shown to my room on a very high floor which really looked like an apartment rather than a hotel room.

This property is connected to the Dubai Mall and so has everything you need right there.

I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kalster65
Vincent M, General Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear kalster65,

We are very appreciative of your review and our team is excited to hear your opinion of us! We are glad you landed with us and looking forward to welcome you back again very soon..

Until then, Vincent