“Great Hotel, but Downtown location is better”
Review of Address Dubai Mall

Address Dubai Mall
Ranked #68 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Dubai Mall location is really nice. The rooms were clean, the room service was delicious, the pool was nice... BUT after staying at the Downtown Dubai location, I didn't love the Dubai Mall location as much.

The spa in the Dubai Mall location is located on the 3rd floor (I think), it's really great. The treatments were fantastic- especially the facials. However, the relaxation room where you wait on your therapist was kind of small and there was a lot of people coming in and out, so it wasn't so relaxing. They did give me some discount coupons at the Front Desk when we checked in, so ask for those and bring them to the spa with you!

You literally walk out of the hotel and you are in Bloomingdales... so if you are there for shopping, there is no better location! You can shop and then take your bags back and drop them off and shop some more.

The concierge was very helpful, they helped us book a day trip to do the 4WD Sand Dune trip (it was kinda hokey and pretty touristy but still fun with a group).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Melanie S
Vincent M, General Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Prncesmely,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us, we appreciate the feedback. The Address Downtown hotel is a sister property and either way, we are glad you enjoy what our brand has to offer when visiting Dubai. Your feedback is helpful to us and I will certainly share with my team for our improvement.

Hoping to see you again soon,

Vincent

Write a ReviewReviews (2,286)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was not my first visit to Cabana and not my last either. On Wednesday 27th of February I ended up having dinner at the Cabana located near the swimming pool at The Address Dubai Mall.
I had eaten in this place before but this time I was on my own. I ordered the nasi goreng which is an Indonesian dish of fried rice and it's not difficult to make but to make it right that is something else.
I can tell you this was the best nasi goreng I had for a very long time since I was living in Indonesia. I asked my waiter if the chef was Indonesian and he told me yes I could tell because the way this dish was prepared that could only be done by somebody from Indonesia. The waiter also told me that the chef is using his mother's recipe to make the sauce and that it takes 3 days to make it well. I had eaten every crumb of that food which was on my plate. This dish is a nice size main course so your pretty full when you eat it all. I can recommend this nasi goreng to who ever likes Indonesian food.
The service was very good as always before so I left a very happy and full person.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cheryan
Vincent M, General Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Cheryan,

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our Cabana Poolside restaurant. The Nasi Goreng is for sure a specialty by our chef and perhaps a best kept secret.. until now!

Hoping to welcome you back again soon,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel three times now
It is excellent in regard of location and service , they have apartments as well, which are good for families with kids
It is attached to the mall with all famous brands
I took my old mother with me and they provided us with wheelchair which helped us alot

Room Tip: I prefer hotel rooms more than apartments
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kmideg

Dear Kmideg,

We are all very pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcome you and your family back with us at the Address Dubai Mall very soon.

with kind regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was having a rough week, and feeling weighed down physically and emotionally. Enter the 2-hour Detox Cleanse treatment at The Address Dubai Mall’s luxurious spa. My Friday started with a quite morning drive to the hotel- I did get a bit lost trying to find the entrance as the signage really needs some work, but I got there eventually.

The spa reception was bright, the cold scented towel welcome, and the yummy vegetable juice refreshing. After filling out the usual forms, I was led to the changing room. Wearing the (not quite luxurious) towel robe, I was led to the beautiful treatment room by my lovely therapist Unchilee. The treatment began with a relaxing footbath, and then it was off to the very comfy bed.

The session began with an “exotic bamboo” scrub. I was afraid this would be too harsh, but it was in fact an excellent exfoliant. Unichlee applied it expertly, and I felt thoroughly cleansed. After removing the scrub, it was time for the strange smelling detox cocktail. The smell aside, the rich seaweed proved quite nourishing and later added a lovely clarity and glow to my skin. After the shower, I felt squeaky clean and soft, and it was finally time for the best part: the massage.

Now I have to confess that I was a bit apprehensive as it was my first time trying a Hilot massage. However, it was hands down the best “different massage” I have ever had. Unchilee was great, and even though the movements of the massage were quite rapid (reported to help remove blockages and eliminate toxins) she still managed to magically work through all my knots. It was an hour of sheer bliss, ending with a lovely head massage.

I was then led to the relaxation area, which had a refreshing selection of juices, dried fruits & nuts. I snuggled into the soft towels on the lounge chair, sipping my fragrant green tea which was served in the cutest clear pot and mini cup ever. I left the spa feeling lighter and happier than I have in a while. I’m definitely planning on going back- perhaps after a day of shopping? Truly, a great getaway.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gentle Traveler I

Dear Gentle Traveler I,

We are very thankful for your sharing of your recent spa experience at our hotel spa. The team is very thrilled to know that we have made you feel rejuvenated and Unchilee is at your service for your next treatment!

Until then, Vincent

Reviewed March 13, 2013

There is only one reason to stay at Address - when there are no other hotels available!. The hotel looks expensive and have expensive furniture and fixtures, but it is not tasteful at all. The rooms are quite small compared to other Dubai hotels. There is too much furniture so you keep bumping into it. The lobby is small and there is no seating area when waiting. In the morning, there is no queue for taxis, a general rush by everyone standing when a taxi passes by. I had a lovely view of a construction site next door.

My worst complaint is reserved for the staff. I had to extend my stay for a day so called up the operator in the morning who took a good 5 rings before he would answer, then I was transferred to the reception where there was response. Had to try them 3 times over the next hour, before I convinced the operator that it was probably better to have them call me back. Got a call back in 30 mins, they said that I had to speak to central reservations. Got transferred there, when transferring the call the folks at the reception had not given any background to the reservation staff, so had to give them all the details again. To confirm that I would not have to change rooms was asked to speak to reception, which took another 3 unanswered phone calls before I got a confirmation. All in all, I spend 2 hours trying to get my stay extended by an day. However in the afternoon, I get a call from the hotel asking me to why I had not checked out, when I informed her that it was extended, she said she would check and that was the last I heard of it.

The level of mismanagement is generally high. Will go back to the Ritz from the next trip onwards. It has staff and systems which know what they are doing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which overlooks something other than a construction site.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SingaporeKAP
Vincent M, General Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear SingaporeKAP,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience with us, this was not our intention and I do apologize on behalf of our entire team. I do take note of your comments and certainly this will be of great help to us for our improvement in our service delivery processes. I do apologize once again and hope you may consider us again in the future to allow us to show you a better experience at our hotel.

WIth kind regards, Vincent

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel, very strategically located and connected to the largest mall in Dubai, the Dubai Mall. I was booked for a luxury room but was 'upgraded' to a studio apartment. The only drawback was that they don't serve alcohol in the apartment which I found strange. The apartment was on the 34th floor and had a diagonal view of the Burj Khalifa, you could see the Dubai fountains (using Binoculars!!). What I was most impressed with was the fact that there was a decent size balcony. You could actually have your morning cup of tea in the balcony admiring the monumental Tower, non stop cars on Shaikh Zayed Road and the morning traffic headed into the Financial Centre. The night views were exceptionally stunning (have provided some pictures from the balcony)
The apartment by itself was a decent sized one with all the normal amenities around the kitchen, good entertainment channels on the television, reasonable size wardrobe, digital safe deposit box, clean bathroom and good welcome mini pack of dates/chocolates. The cutlery in the kitchen was sparkling clean and almost too good to use! The kitchen appliances were all state of the art along with a dishwasher, yes a dishwasher!! Very well planned kitchen indeed. The bed, couch and chairs could have been better considering the overall quality of the hotel, also, there was no iPhone alarm/radio dock, this is now a normal feature even in the 3 star hotels by Starwood, Dusit Thani etc, so was a bit surprised by the lack of it. Room service was good and timely, the quality of food was about average, they had worked on overall visual of the food, but the pasta I had ordered left much to be desired. Also, I was a bit let down by the morning buffet breakfast, I have had better in the 3 star hotels in Dubai, for instance, who would be interested in lamb curry as morning breakfast?! While the overall experience was 'excellent', I would still rate this hotel as 'above average' given the steep price tag coupled with the few things I have mentioned above that could have been better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RStourist
Vincent M, General Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear RStourist,

Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience, we are very appreciative of the feedback and areas to where we can better improve our services and offerings. We hope you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to welcome you back with a better impression that would match or exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for this review and until next time,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband took me to Dubai with my daughters for my birthday. We stayed at the Address Dubai Mall. This hotel is amazing. We stayed in the Club Room. The Club suite offers complimentary shuttles to and from the airport. 24 hours check in. Amazing meals prepared in the club lounge and beverages served until 2 am.
The staff are very welcoming and make you feel at home. What ever you need they go beyond to make your stay that extra special.
Great location. Not a far drive to Atlantis and a walk downstairs to biggest shopping mall in the world that offers both mom great shopping and excellent entertainment for children.
I would recommend this great hotel to anyone visiting Dubai who would like an experience not to be forgot.
Thank You The Address Dubai Mall. We will see you soon.

Room Tip: Club Suite Room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jax34
Aamir K, Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing your positive experience on Trip Advisor. You have just made my day. Thank you so much

We all at The Address Dubai Mall take pride in ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all our guests. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the very best welcome and service and your observations and feedback are much valued in directing us in this regard. The team misses you already and are looking forward to your return to your home in Dubai in not too distant future.

Thank you once again for your continued support.

Aamir Khan