“Good property with stunning view of the Burj Khalifa Tower”
Review of Address Dubai Mall

Address Dubai Mall
Ranked #111 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
BH
“Good property with stunning view of the Burj Khalifa Tower”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel, very strategically located and connected to the largest mall in Dubai, the Dubai Mall. I was booked for a luxury room but was 'upgraded' to a studio apartment. The only drawback was that they don't serve alcohol in the apartment which I found strange. The apartment was on the 34th floor and had a diagonal view of the Burj Khalifa, you could see the Dubai fountains (using Binoculars!!). What I was most impressed with was the fact that there was a decent size balcony. You could actually have your morning cup of tea in the balcony admiring the monumental Tower, non stop cars on Shaikh Zayed Road and the morning traffic headed into the Financial Centre. The night views were exceptionally stunning (have provided some pictures from the balcony)
The apartment by itself was a decent sized one with all the normal amenities around the kitchen, good entertainment channels on the television, reasonable size wardrobe, digital safe deposit box, clean bathroom and good welcome mini pack of dates/chocolates. The cutlery in the kitchen was sparkling clean and almost too good to use! The kitchen appliances were all state of the art along with a dishwasher, yes a dishwasher!! Very well planned kitchen indeed. The bed, couch and chairs could have been better considering the overall quality of the hotel, also, there was no iPhone alarm/radio dock, this is now a normal feature even in the 3 star hotels by Starwood, Dusit Thani etc, so was a bit surprised by the lack of it. Room service was good and timely, the quality of food was about average, they had worked on overall visual of the food, but the pasta I had ordered left much to be desired. Also, I was a bit let down by the morning buffet breakfast, I have had better in the 3 star hotels in Dubai, for instance, who would be interested in lamb curry as morning breakfast?! While the overall experience was 'excellent', I would still rate this hotel as 'above average' given the steep price tag coupled with the few things I have mentioned above that could have been better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RStourist
Vincent M, General Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear RStourist,

Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience, we are very appreciative of the feedback and areas to where we can better improve our services and offerings. We hope you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to welcome you back with a better impression that would match or exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for this review and until next time,

Vincent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband took me to Dubai with my daughters for my birthday. We stayed at the Address Dubai Mall. This hotel is amazing. We stayed in the Club Room. The Club suite offers complimentary shuttles to and from the airport. 24 hours check in. Amazing meals prepared in the club lounge and beverages served until 2 am.
The staff are very welcoming and make you feel at home. What ever you need they go beyond to make your stay that extra special.
Great location. Not a far drive to Atlantis and a walk downstairs to biggest shopping mall in the world that offers both mom great shopping and excellent entertainment for children.
I would recommend this great hotel to anyone visiting Dubai who would like an experience not to be forgot.
Thank You The Address Dubai Mall. We will see you soon.

Room Tip: Club Suite Room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jax34
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing your positive experience on Trip Advisor. You have just made my day. Thank you so much

We all at The Address Dubai Mall take pride in ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all our guests. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the very best welcome and service and your observations and feedback are much valued in directing us in this regard. The team misses you already and are looking forward to your return to your home in Dubai in not too distant future.

Thank you once again for your continued support.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Address Dubai mall for 5 days with my husband, my 2 babies and 2 nannies. We had 2 connecting rooms. My overall impression is good however there are a few things I had issue with:

The baby cot we ordered was too small for my 21 months old toddler. We called down for a bigger one but were told that the hotel had no bigger cribs. They later located a larger one (second night) but the bumper had stains on it. Yuck. Luckily I always bring my own sheets and blankets with me.

We had to leave the connecting doors open all the time as the hotel technician said we could not have the keys.

In room dining took forever to arrive so order at least 45 min before you plan to eat. Service was very slow.

Not one conveniently located electric plug in the entire room. Had to charge our cells in the bathrooms.

Doors do not lock from the inside. I didn't like that.

The staff was very helpful however and always accommodating.

• Stayed February 2013
Vincent M, General Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear love2travel60745,

Thank you very much for your constructive comments on your recent stay with us. I regret we could not have delivered higher marks on your experience, but have certainly taken note from your detailed comments, and already shared with my team for our action.

Hoping to welcome you back again soon so we may improve your impression of our hotel.

with warmest regards,
Hillsboro, Va
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was the first time for me at The Address in Dubai Mall, but the second time visiting one of their properties (the first was at the Dubai Marina).

The Dubai Mall is a beautiful hotel with soothing colors and comfortable touches throughout the hotel. I strongly recommend the chain and wouldn't hesitate at all to by-pass my normal Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton & Hyatt options in order to stay here. I am always treated well and there's an excellent vibe to the chain generally.

There was only one hiccup in that the guests in the neighboring room began a very serious discussion which included screaming, crying, vulgarities, etc. It woke me up around 1am and unfortunately I found it difficult to go back to sleep.

The rooms were generally very quiet and I believe this was an an exception to the norm, so I didn't call the front desk to complain.

The pool area is very nice and relaxing and there is plenty of staff waiting to assist. The exercise facilities are very large with lots of different types of equipment and plenty of space so that you feel comfortable being there. The access to the Dubai Mall is very convenient and makes for an easy walk to a variety of types of restaurants, etc.

Generally, it was a good experience with a few minor issues, so I would not hesitate to try it again.

Room Tip: I had a nice room overlooking the pool area. However, I would ask at Check-in if there was a room o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Address Dubai Mall and for the time you have taken to complete your review at Trip Advisor. I very much regret that I was unable to make contact with you during your stay, to extend my thanks in person.

At The Address Dubai Mall, we pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all our guests. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the very best welcome and service. I was concerned to learn of the disappointment experienced regarding the noise from room next door to your room, and would like to assure you that our security did contact the guest and request them to quiet down as it was too late in the night. Our security personnel do patrol the floors during the night and if they find any rooms being noisy then the guest is advised right away. I trust that you will once again accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience on this occasion.

I very much hope that this unfortunate experience will not prevent you from returning to The Address Dubai Mall sometime in the near future.

Thank you once again for your understanding and continued support and I look forward to having the opportunity to meet up and welcome you back.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived well past the 2pm check in time to be told that neither of the rooms we had booked were ready and that we would have to wait 30 minutes. After nearly two hours of being ignored by staff in the club lounge we were finally able to access one of the rooms, only to discover that our luggage had been lost upon our arrival at the hotel. Not only were we not offered an apology or explanation, but all staff we encountered were abrasive, disinterested and rude. Although the hotel is in a fantastic location (adjacent to the Dubai Mall) the complete lack of service and initiative shown by the staff has been extremely disapointing. Will be staying elsewhere in future.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Intrepid51
Dear Guest;

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at The Address Dubai Mall. First, I like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience of waiting for the rooms to be ready.

I was very disappointed to learn of your issue and I have investigated this issue and what I have found out is that upon check-in after you were informed with apologies that your specific room requirement (connecting and next to each other) is not available to check-in rightaway, you were offered to wait at our Club Lounge while the specific rooms were being cleaned. Staff also advised you that, we were running high occupancy and for this reason we offered an upgrade for one of the rooms to Premier Burj twin to be able to meet your specific request. One of the rooms was given after half an hour and the second one had to wait for one hour more as it was under maintenance. When the first room got ready the associate offered you to be escorted to the room but you had refused and mentioned that you do not want to go to the room at that time and that you will be going to the Dubai Mall until the second room gets ready.

The Club lounge agent later gave a courtesy call and spoke to you to apologize for the delay one more time and also checked if you have received the bags and you replied yes.The next day the when you came to the lounge for Breakfast and the associate asked again to check on you about the stay and if any assistance required during but you had mentioned everything is perfect and that you don’t need any assistance.

Madame, At The Address Dubai Mall, we pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all our guests. It is therefore most regrettably that our efforts have, on this occasion, fallen somewhat short of the high standards we set for ourselves. However, I am also glad that our staff kept a constant touch with you and followed up with apologies on the same day and the next day at breakfast if you required any further assistance. Notwithstanding the above, I very much hope that this most unfortunate experience will not prevent you from returning to The Address Dubai Mall sometime in the near future.

Given the chance, I would love to take care of your future arrangements personally if you would like to write directly to me at akhan@theaddress.com. My time and I are looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back at The Address Dubai Mall.

Kuwait
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We are frequent travelers to Dubai and it was our first visit to this hotel. At check in we had a lovely service with friendly employee who was happy to finish all the formalities quickly and to give us enough info about hotel services as well. The room was good in size although we were disappointed as we did not have a view of the famous Dubai fountain. We were told that our booking is not for that part which overlooked the fountain. The bathroom was enormously big with Jacuzzi and big shower space. All amenities were available in the bathroom with very nicely fragranced aromatherapy line of shampoos, body gel and soap. The room was equipped with Nespresso coffee machine and a supply of capsules were available and refilled every day. The room was kept clean and the house keeping staff were very friendly and asked about our needs every time they saw us. The location of the hotel is excellent for us as it was connected to the Dubai mall through a corridor and this saved us the cost of taxis. As Dubai mall was well equipped with kinds of shops and restaurants, we seldom needed to go out of the hotel except once or twice. We only had an incident at check out which really spoiled our lovely experience there. The lady at chekout counter seemed to be lacking experience and took a very long time in the procedure. She was asking a lot of questions and were charging us for things we did not consume. We had our taxi waiting to take us to the airport and this action of hers delayed us as it took almost 45 minutes. At the end she did not even apologize and did not wish us a safe trip, as they normally do. Because of this incident we wrote a bad review on the hotel survey. Fortunately, the hotel management were concerned about our complaint and contacted us personally and were eager to know the details. We thought this was a sincere concern for their customers and made us content. As a whole the hotel was excellent otherwise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NanaMoo
Aamir K, Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. The team really appreciates the time you took to write your valuable feedback. Rest assured as my team mentioned earlier that we have investigated the issues listed and corrective actions have been taken to rectify them. I appreciate the fact that you gave us a chance during your stay and showed a great deal of understanding and appreciating our response to your issues. I am so glad that Housekeeping team left a remarkable experience for you to cherish always. Having said that, please come back soon to your home in Dubai as we all are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

With my warm regards

akhan@theaddress.com
Netherlands
Reviewed February 11, 2013

As a frequent Dubai traveler, I was looking forward to stay at The Address hotel. This is perceived as one of the top hotels in Dubai. And I must say, the rooms we had (we were with several colleagues) were fantastic. They are big and well equipped.

But as a frequent business traveller you don't care that much about the room. What you want is service. And here is where The Address goes totally wrong. At the third day we started to create a list of things that went wrong and we ended up with with 19 items at the end of day 3. I won't bother you with all the things, but they include closing the only day time bar in the afternoon, so you cant get an alcoholic drink anymore after your day of work, waiters that walk away when you are ordering your food, rooms not ready at an after 3PM check in, no refill of mini bar etc etc. We provided our list to one of the customer managers, who called me back that they discussed our list in the Management team and that they will learn from it.
I hope so, but this will be difficult, because the whole system of the hotel is thinking in procedures instead of thinking in hospitality. The staff is very friendly, but they seem often helpless due to the procedures they have to follow.

For a great location and a nice room this is a good hotel, but for being honored as a guest you better stay in Kempinski, Hilton or Jumeirah hotels.

Room Tip: try to get one corner rooms. They are large and have a large balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank flyingdutchmannl
Aamir K, General Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

First I like to spologize to you very sincerely for all the inconveniences you and your colleagues had. At the same time, Please accept my most sincere thanks for the time you have taken to write communicating your experiences. It is only with such feedback that we can endeavor to maintain and improve the services and the hospitality we offer to all our guests, as we move forward.

Mr. Mehdi, our Guest Engagement manager, had briefed the team with your feedback and I am told that department heads had taken it very seriously and most of the issues are already resolved and will not be repeated. Issues like no alcoholic beverage available from 5pm to 7pm was an isolated incident where we had to close our Cabana bar at the poolside due to heavy winds and bad weather. Room service was offered to you as an alternative but nevertheless, we should have opened other venue for you and for this reason please do accept our sincere apologies again. Sir, I hope this recent experience will not deter you to use The Address Hotel & Resorts for your future visit to Dubai. Please do contact me directly at akhan@theaddress.com and I will be happy to make arrangements for your next stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at a not too distant future