“Great hotel in dubai”

Ranked #117 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
quezon City
“Great hotel in dubai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

we stayed at the apartment hotel and it was really an excellent place not only in service but also in location, and everything else. It could have been cleaned up a little. Wifi was very easy to enter without too many do's and don'ts

Room Tip: choose one bedroom apartments if you can and on the very high floors.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
TADMM, Hotel Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear truth40,

Good day and thank you for your honest and effective feedback. Please to forgive the lateness of my reply. I would like to thank you for your input, and on the behalf of my team. Please do let me know if and when you will be returning to Dubai, my team and I would like very much to welcome a loyal guest of ours back to hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in fact I checked out this morning and wanted to review it asap. On arrival we were given cold towels and cold fruit juice perfect as it was 40 degs + outside. We were upgraded to a club suite which was very nice. The suite was lovely we were in room 1105. The staff are very friendly and very organised at check in / out. The hotel is in a perfect location attached to the Dubai Mall - what more do you want. we took a cab to the Jumeirah Beach Hotel and it was only 38 dirhams.
There is an excellent restaurant in the hotel called Ember Grill and lounge - a very nice restaurant and bar. We will be back soon
We didn't choose to have breakfast at the hotel just because we wanted to try somewhere else we went to Paul's in the mall - great

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite which was great but I doubt there are any poor rooms in this hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank claire_marshall34
Dear claire_marshall34,

Good day and thank you for your feedback. Please excuse the lateness of my reply. It was a very detailed account of your experience and I am most appreciative. It is with feedback such as yours that allows us to celebrate our successes when we share them with our team. It is very rewarding to read that you were happy with many facets of our services, that we take great pride in. We like to spoil our guests as much as possible.

I would like very much to welcome you back to The Address Dubai Mall Hotel in the future during your next visit to Dubai. If you would be kind enough to advise me, I will ensure an equally if not better experience for your next and following visits.

Warm regards.
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Upon Checking in we were offered an upgrade from Premier Suite to Club Suite which was really very nice, however, the only negative thing about that was that we were on the Club Floor but weren't allowed to use the Club Lounge on complimentary basis but had to pay for it (as we were upgraded) which seemed a little bit strange to me

Despite all the negative feedbacks i read about the service, i think that the staff were really very polite & get out of their way just to give you this little extra personal touch that will make you feel at home.

The location is really wonderful, one can access anywhere in no time

I would definitely consider this hotel again during my next trip to Dubai

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear l3abboud,

Good day and please excuse the lateness of my reply. Thank you for your very level and beneficial input about The Address Dubai Mall Hotel. I have taken your feedback and shared with my team for review with regards to the Club Lounge. I am very appreciative that you took the time to share your experience with tripadvisor and myself.
I would like to welcome you back as another loyal guest of ours in the near future, during your next trip to Dubai. If you could please contact me, I would like to be able to assist with your next reservation and build upon your already positive experience so far.

Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have stayed in Address Dubai Mall over four times by now and tried deluxe rooms in addition to one bedroom apartment. The Address Dubai Mall has a lot of ups and few downs; however, if you are coming to Dubai for shopping then I suggest you stay in this hotel. If you want to get a bet fancier and still your aim is shopping then you can stay in The Address Downtown which is few steps from Dubai Mall. The Address Dubai Mall provides you with a direct access to the Dubai Mall. Upon my last visit, they have given me a small booklet of coupons with discounts from different shops of the mall.
The breakfast at Na3Na3 restaurant is amazing with a lot of varieties for all tastes, so is the lunch. The location of the hotel is in the middle of Dubai so you are not far away from Jumeira nor the old part of the city.
The two things I did not like in the hotel is first the design of the corridor and its walls. Second and most importantly, which I also noticed also in The Address Downtown, is the inexperienced staff. They seem to make mistakes like confusing your luggage with other customer or forgetting to send you a pick up car to the airport. I understand that due to the size of the hotel and busyness throughout the year such mistakes could happen. However, the repetition of such incidents could have a big impact on the reputation of the Address chain.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
TADMM, Hotel Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear bg-ads,

Good day and thank you for your post. It is always refreshing to read a calculated and concise report. We welcome all feedback from our guests, so I would personally like to thank you for taking the time in doing so.

Your points are well received and I shall seriously consider them and share with our team. Training and developing of our new associates is of great importance to us. We are always taking the time and effort to do so with all our team members, in all departments.

Your entire post offers excellent insight for our growth and development that I, and my entire team, appreciate enormously.

Once again please accept my gratitude for your post on tripadvisor. I truly you hope that you return to The Address Dubai Mall Hotel and should you be returning in the near future, I would like to offer you our full compliment of services, to assist you in optimizing your next reservation. Please do contact me and allow us to build upon an already positive experience.

Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I checked in at this hotel on three occasions over a three week period for business purposes. Each time I was given a noisy room, one over a construction site, the second next to the pool bar and the third over the main road. I had to go to the reception each time (no one answered the phone when I rang) and demand (since asking didn't do anything) to be moved higher up the hotel away from the noise since I was on business and needed sleep!

Each time I checked out I was wished a pleasant journey back to England even though they could see on the system I was returning to their hotel a few days later.

It's an overpriced hotel. Facilities are nice but the same as other hotels like the Shangri-La on Sheikh Zayed Road which is half the rate. A diet coke will set you back £3.50!

I visited the onsite hair salon with a friend and we both requested a wash and blow dry. She was charged AED150 and I was charged for AED450. When I challenged this I was advised because the stylist used curling tongs on my hair and trimmed the ends of my hair - both of which he just did as if it was part of the package- I think he saw me coming!! I would not recommend this place.

It is however perfectly located within the Dubai mall and the pool area is nice, with good staff and the spa is good.

So, in summary, if you have a big budget and don't need much sleep then it's okay but there are better hotels.

Room Tip: Ask to be high up, away from the construction and the pool bar!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank MissJetSetterUK
TADMM, Hotel Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Dear MissJettSetterUK,

Good day and thank you for your feedback. We do like to hear all feedback about our hotel and you have offered us a very descriptive report. We also appreciate your candidness in regards to the challenges you did experience both positive and negative – both I shall be sharing with my team. Although, the hair salon is a contracted company they are still on property and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for incident. The outside noise from the construction of property has now ceased as the road/ramp extension works have been completed by the city of Dubai. However, should you be returning to The Address Dubai Mall Hotel, I would like to offer my assistance for your next reservation to restore your faith and loyalty with us.

Thank you once again for your honest feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Excellant hotel located in the best location with direct access to the Dubai Mall and Gold Souk. Staff were very friendly and took all care to attend to my requests and needs during my stay. The location is very well serviced by the metro, the hop off / on bus and taxi's and is only 15mins from the airport. Views were nice however whilst I appreciated the upgrade ( thanks team !! ) the suite was overlooking the pool area which the views weren't as nice. However, very minor issue unless your adamant on street views or prefer not to be looking over a pool area.. Another minor issue , please install power outlet for hairdryers in the bathrooms outlets, these were in the main suite but not in the bathroom. Breakie was beautiful and big thanks to the team for letting me in half an hour prior to your open time so i wouldn't miss my car to the airport Sunday morning, cant tell you what a difference having a great run up prior to a 14 hour flight does. Most important aspect for me was feeling safe and secure as a tourist on my own and this hotel and staff went out of their way to provide that sense of security. Thanks for a great two days in Dubai - I'm coming back !!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Charlootz,
Good day and thank you very much for your positive feedback during your stay. Your letter will be shared with the entire team as they all have contributed to your satisfaction.

I personally would like to thank you for your patronage and am extremely grateful for your loyalty. We take these quite seriously and look for opportunities to build upon already great experiences.
We are very delighted that you have chosen to return to our property and I would like to assist with any arrangements you may have to optimize your next stay with us.

I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to The Address Dubai Mall Hotel.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I had problems from the minute I checked in. They check-in guy could not find my booking, then found it booked 2 months after the actual date even though I had a voucher from my business agent on my computer showing him my actual check in-date. A fault of the hotel obviously but not acknowledged as such while I sat there for over 30 mins.

Things went from bad to worse when I went downstairs to the male barbers. I had not taken any money with me as I assumed I could charge it to the room. I was told by a very rude guy that this must be settled 'NOW'

I then ordered some food to the room. As i have a food allergy I spent a couple of minutes going through my allergy with the lady from room service. Obviously it was yes sir yes sir and my instructions were ignored. I had lost my wallet in KSA and had left a cash deposit downstairs, as i had also had a massage and food (i ordered a half chicken btw which in-fact was a chicken breast for around £40.) i must have gone over the deposit by a few dirhams. I had explained upon check in that this was the case and that my boss (a government minister) was checking in the following day and would cover my expenses in total. I was bombarded with calls from reception whilst trying to eat my meal, which i found out afterwards was actually going to make me ill. People were even knocking on the door asking for money. I asked four times on the telephone for the duty manager to call the room but to no avail.

The next two days every time I left the room and came back my key would not work. By this time I had had enough and went downstairs to find a manager. I explained everything to him and heard nothing back in return.

My overall impression of this hotel was it had been put together very quickly and without much thought. 99% of the staff had a very basic lack of english and once you were past "hello, how are you" they were flummoxed. I spent most evenings in the pool side restaurant called cabana smoking shisha with friends and drinking. Every member of staff was rude & moody. The only bright light was Mr Jana (and the nasi goreng - you must have it spicy) who went out of his was to make us feel welcome.

To get to the hotel in a cab is a nitemare. From the main road it's ok but if your coming from the other direction you have to go through the underground parking of the mall and after a couple of u-turns you finally arrive.

My impression of this hotel was that they just wanted your money. It was so in your face that they should be ashamed. We all know hotels are built to make money but most do it with a little class

On the positive side the gym was great as was the pool. I lived in Dubai for 4 years before the boom in the 90's and I know Dubai very well. I can name at least 20 hotels above this I would choose to stay in before having to return.

This ranks as one of the worst hotels in terms of service I have stayed in. I would never stay there again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank londonpoker
Dear Londonpoker,
Good day and thank you for your feedback. With regards to your check in and with the In room dining, there was an obvious miscommunication with the reservation and I very sorry that you were delayed for a rather inordinate amount of time. As with every situation we try to find, define and eventually alleviate any challenges especially with third party bookings. With further insight I would be able to investigate with more precision, the challenges you encountered so I may deal with them internally. I would be grateful for your assistance in gathering further insight.

Furthermore, I am concerned about the lack of service you received whilst visiting the barber shop. Although, the hair salon is a contracted company, they are still on property and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for incident – rest assured that I will deal with the concerned company personally.

I look forward to hearing from you and am glad you took the time to share your opinion with us. Once again, please accept my apologies for the challenges you experienced. It is not indicative of the level of service we provide or have come to be known for.