“Management need to re-think their customer care” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Jumeirah Garden Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubai
The Jumeirah Garden Guesthouse
Ranked #18 of 63 Dubai B&B and Inns
Dubai
“Management need to re-think their customer care”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

It seems that the big issue with this place is not the location or facilities, but the management and their apparent lack of concern and consideration for their guests. For the second consecutive time after accepting our reservations, the managment have cancelled the booking at the last minute due to 'double booking'. Once is annoying, but understandable, twice is just down right fishy and unacceptable.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kevin_The_Gerbi1
jumeirahguesthouse, Owner at The Jumeirah Garden Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 19, 2010
Having read the above review with interest and concern, I find it unusually necessary to make comment. Firstly I believe I am aware of the booking in question and no Male was a part of said booking? Secondly, the SECOND booking was indeed a problem but, an immediate discussion was had with the client and, a solution was found. This was fully explained. All businesses have problems, good ones find solutions, we did and, it (as would have been seen) was one that bettered the original plan by far. Thirdly, We did not cancel. The customer did although we had offered to provide what was required. I might point out the second booking was made because the party had such a good time the first time they visited – make your own conclusion?

Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

I have never reviewed a hotel before - never really felt the need, however, I must write a few words about the Jameirah Garden Guesthouse:
incredible staff; incredible food and an incredibly comfy bed!
Our four days' stay worked its magic! Can't wait to return.

1 Thank SusannahKuwait
Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

Jumeirah Garden Guesthouse is a veritable oasis of tranquility situated in the heart of Dubai. In essence, it is a home-from-home boutique-style hotel where you will find relaxation, good company and delicious food. Breakfasts are a communal affair set in the shaded garden with a picturesque backdrop of the hotel's pool. Here, my husband and I met a refreshing mix of interesting nationalities who waxed lyrical about the hotel and shared their tales with us of 'what-to-do/where-to-go'. Evening dinner is arranged with Chef, Andy, who effortlessly creates marvellous dishes - and as veggies we were never disappointed! Even the BBC felt the need to spread the secret of Andy's culinary expertise as we found them filming at the hotel on our last day. "A low-key affair," Andy quipped modestly, "just three things you can do with lamb!" Congratulations to Paul, Andy, Jo, Jack and Mr. T - just a shame that the hidden gem of the Emirates has finally been exposed! WE'LL BE BACK!

Robert and Susannah, Kuwait.

1 Thank SusannahKuwait
belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

Our stay at this guesthouse was pretty unbalanced. There were definitely good points: the rooms were clean and spacious, tv-set and the available movies can be handy, helpful staff. Sadly we hadn't had the chance the taste one of Andy's cookings. There were also some bad points: no exact address available on the site, no taxi driver knows where it is and no sign at the door. So it can be hard to find. A first booking of 7 nights was shortened to 4 nights due to municipality works. No sign of those though when we left. A rather dismal breakfast. And the price agreed by mail was different then the price we had to pay.
Overall, not bad, but better can be found...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

We were going to stay in an apartment on the Palms but decided to stay here instead. This place truly lived up to the excellent reviews mentioned earlier. It was a pleasure to meet Paul, Andy & Jack. We loved the large room with high ceilings, liked the idea of the cell phone with the pre-programmed numbers. We also got a chance the first night to sample some of Andy's cooking, it was simple awesome. We wished we could have eaten here every night but we had so many plans we didn't have the time. We did enjoy breakfast in the morning under the canopy and then laid by the pool for a couple of hours each day before continuing with our trips in and around Dubai. After our 4 night stay here, we went on a 7 day cruise and I couldn't stop raving about the Jumeirah Garden Guesthouse to all the people we met. Again Caroline and I want to thank Paul & Andy for making it a few days we won't forget soon and wish you all the best in the future.
I will definitely be recommending this wonderful experience to anyone wanting to visit Dubai.

1 Thank highlandergc
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

Well, it is not like me to write reviews online. I frankly do not care usually for such things. However, having read one negative review of The Jumeriah Garden Guesthouse from supposedly "expert travellers" has left me feeling upset at this gross injustice. So here is my evaluation based on 3 stays since January 2010. The shortest stay was 2 nights and the longest was for three, I travel for about 100 days a year:

The rooms are clean; they have traditional bathrooms but the tubs are clean, the water is hot, the pressure is right, there's enough toilet paper, the towels are clean and, I have asked for fresh towels are my requests have always been promptly answered.
The rooms are comfortable with big beds and plenty of good pillows. The sheets have always been clean. You get you're own DVD player with a USB input in case you travel, like I do, with your own entertainment ready at hand. There was no TV programming to see in the rooms where I stayed but there is a decent library of recent films available to borrow at liberty and watch.
There is plenty of sun light in the rooms where I stayed and I doubt things are different in other rooms judging by the architecture of the Jumeirah Garden House. There is a also a good desk and the TV is actually a 20 or 21 inch LCD to which you can easily hookup your machine if you have the right cable. Internet is not very fast but it is adequate and, most importantly, free.
I have never used it myself, but I saw a couple of guests using a the house computer near the rear exit of the House. How convenient if you're on vacation!
Breakfast is OK although the selection is not diverse. It does the trick and I never felt like having a second breakfast during my stays at the House.
Now, try looking for a resident chef at a small boutique hotel in Dubai and I wish you good luck outside of the House. Andy prepares fantastic meals, I always try to catch at least one of them each trip.
Yes, it is not the easiest to find but then in this day an age all you have to do is tell your taxi Almanara 14b or whatever it is (am not going to look up the address just for the reviews sake, I am amazed I have had the stamina to write this much so far).
The ambiance is relaxed; one day, I am going to use that pool. For me, it is a clean, safe, and elegant place where I know I am welcome and where I know the people are genuine and try their best.
O, one more thing, I have consistently met interesting people at the House. Which makes my meals, traveling alone, more exciting and less of a robotic intake of sustenance.

I recommend the House but in the same spirit I worry that my evaluation will lead to more visitors and eventually to me having to plan my trips much earlier than I would prefer to do.

- FAA

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FAAESQ
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

Had a 4 night stay here in mid March, it was the perfect choice for us and for anyone wanting to avoid the large high rise hotel scene. This is more like staying with friends. Room and bathroom was large, cool and very comfortable, air conditioning efficient, garden and pool lovely, just as the many great reviews say. All staff are lovely and Andy's food is amazing! It was great to meet up with other guests at breakfast and to talk over the menu with Andy if we were eating in - we did this 2 out of the 4 evenings and it was a definite highlight of the trip.
Paul and the boys are very helpful when needed but also know when to leave you alone for a bit of peace and quiet. We caught up with some films in the late evenings, chosen from an extensive range of DVD's. For us, it was just the break we had been looking for so I was sad to read the one really bad review. I did have one problem with an e mail that somehow went astray, but this was soon sorted out and Paul always responded almost instantly to e mails. We were sent excellent directions on finding the place as well as mobile numbers for Paul and Andy -we had hired a car at the airport and had no problems. When we arrived we were given a local mobile phone withh all the contact numbers programed in, we didn't actually need to use it , but a great idea and very reassuring to have. Paul, Andy, Jack and all the staff work very hard and we wish them every success - they deserve it. So, thanks again Paul and Andy (and especially the fantastic last supper Andy!)
Would definitely return and recommend to others.

1 Thank MMKLondon