“Worst Hotel EVER”

Smana Hotel Al Raffa
Ranked #439 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Do not book or stay at this hotel! One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The noise from the bar/disco kept me awake till after 3am every night. Breakfast was a nightmare as everyday I had to ask for simple things like cereal to be replenished! Staff were uninterested and the dinner menu was pointless as they only ever had a limited supply of food available. Ended up going to the country club hotel for meals. Did complain at reception but no interest and also sent feedback via hotel website but no answer which was no surprise. A badly managed hotel which should be given a wide berth.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed March 25, 2012

this was truly the worst hotel i have ever stayed at! in fact we left after 1 night! the room was so unbelievably dirty! the carpets were stained with god knows what ... and not just a little stain ... all over the carpet!! the walls were dirty, the window handle had fell off, the bedsheets were stained and the bathroom was dirty. it looks like its on a building site and is no where near anything! the receptionist is unhelpful and moody, the restaurant was closed for a refurb and wouldnt be open for our whole stay. we were told phone calls to dubai would be free, however we were charged about £5 for a call we didnt even connect too! the only nice thing about this hotel is the pool, stema room and sauna. absolutely awful!

Room Tip: avoid this room! we shortened our stay from 6 nights to 1, moved to citymax, 100% better!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank m_p186334
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have never written a review before but after I stayed at the Rio Hotel Dubai I felt I had to make other people aware of what happened to me on my trip. To begin with, my trip to dubai was only for 4days, for entire trip I was there the pool, gym, sauna & steam room were not available. I was not told this when I checked in or before I booked my trip. I rang reception three days consecutively to find out if the pool was open yet as each day they would say 'tomorrow'. On the 3rd day I complained the manager who told me the pool & sauna etc would not open for another week! I told him he should have informed all the residents during check in time or thrown a letter under the doors of each resident so they were aware of this. At the end of the day i'm not staying there for free & i'm paying to use facilties they are not providing me. The manager found this all amusing and said "why should I tell people the pool isn't working" (of course- he wants to make money- forget what people think). When I told him I will be writing a review about his attitude/hotel etc he said "go on then, I don't care". I found that extremely rude and unprofessional. Moreover, the bathroom was very smelly and there was not enough hot water to have a shower lasting more than 6mins! There was black marks all over the carpet. They were supposed to get a maintenance guy to come and check it out, did that happen.. no!
I paid a lot of money for this trip and only got half the things (bed & food) no pool, sauna, gym nothing. I asked the manager to allow me and my family to check out late as a form of 'compensation' and he refused. I didn't get any money back or nothing. I would not recommend going to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank raro2121
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The hotel stands alone, away from most of the attractions of Dubai. This means that you pretty much have to take a taxi anywhere you might want to go (though, because there isn't much around it, sometimes it's a wait to get a taxi). It isn't near the metro, and there aren't dining options nearby. They do offer a restaurant in the hotel, which isn't bad.

The room I had was quite comfortable, and the staff was really warm and accommodating. The guest rooms face either the skyline of downtown Dubai, or the industrial port. I had a room on the skyline side, and never tired of seeing the Burj Kalifa glimmering in the morning and evening light. I don't think that the view from the other side was nearly as good.

It appears that there had been a significant leak in the rooftop pool at one point in time. I was on the 4th floor (the highest floor of guest rooms), and there were a couple spots of water damage in my room (nothing major). Walking down the 4th floor corridor, however, paneling on the wall was buckled and I saw in to a few other rooms while they were being cleaned that appeared to have some pretty significant water damage.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces downtown for the better view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ArchiTraveller
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Best Thing about this hotel is its location. Situated in the heart of dubai (bur dubai) this hotel is merely a few kms away from all the tourist spots.. Be it the dubai creek or the dubai mall.. Also nice indian eating joints nearby.. All in all you would get a comfortable 3 star stay.. Mot much luxurious though.. But no inconvenience in any way possible.. Just dont forget to buy 6-12 drinking water bottle pack before even checking into the hotel.. And if ure in dubai do buy sony products from the local market.. Theres a great price difference..

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Avtar K
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We spent 5 days in the Hotel which has all facilities with 3 Star catagory. Breakfast used to be marvellous with all varities of Indian food. Roof top swimming pool and health club.

Travel desk is very friendly and staff is mainly Indian with lot of attention.

Room Tip: Left wing rooms are better
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rajeshkumar1969
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The hotel was great and a decent price everything was lovely the bed was the comfiest I've ever been in the only thing was the bath was horrible ino Dubai is realy hot but I still like a hot bath and it took me 15 mins to get the water hot everything else was great apart from the basics like a hot bath/clean bath

• Stayed: July 2011