“Good out-of-town place to stay if you want to be on the Ranches” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arabian Ranches Golf Club Hotel

and 1 more site!
Arabian Ranches Golf Club Hotel
Ranked #312 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
UK
“Good out-of-town place to stay if you want to be on the Ranches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have family who live on Arabian Ranches and we wanted somewhere to stay that was close by their villa.

Arabian Ranches is a community a short distance from all parts of Dubai - 20 minutes by taxi [60Dhrs] from DXB airport, The Creek, Emirates Mall, Ibn Batutta Mall, Dubai Mall, Mirdif Mall, Dubai Marina and The Palm Jumeirah.

At the centre of Arabian Ranches is the Golf Club, an oasis within an oasis.

The Golf Club has a small number of guest rooms, a small golfing and golfing wear shop shop, a restaurant and bar and a pleasant terrace overlooking the course.

There is some infrastructure work going on outside the Golf Club at present, but it did not disturb us in any way.

The rooms are of good size, and well-appointed, with tea/coffee making, a mini bar, a safe, TV with lots of channels but none we could find that we wanted, and wired broadband. There's no WiFi, but the broadband is an acceptable speed for basic browsing - not fast.

We found the beds to be rock hard and they began to cause back problems after a couple of days. These were the only negative aspect of staying there. Perhaps other people like their beds so hard. We asked Reception if we could have a second comforter put underneath us, on top of the mattress. They did this immediately, and that improved things a little. Throughout, Reception was extremely helpful.

The view from our room - 110 - was of the golf course, looking across to the residences at Arabian Ranches. We could hear the dawn chorus, even through closed windows, and there is a variety of birds in the trees when sitting outside.

It isn't essential to play golf to stay at the Golf Club, but it certainly makes one want to! If one doesn't play, then there is not a lot to do there, and a car is recommended, especially in the heat of the day and in the summer season, even when restricting oneself to the Arabian Ranches community, and to Motor City just beyond.

Driving in Dubai is very similar to driving in the USA - in other words, a much nicer affair than driving in the UK these days. The roads do get frisky in town however, and the complex road system can be daunting.

In the absence of a car, taxis are available and quite inexpensive, and there is also a regular bus service from the Ranches to the Emirates Mall metro station, and the metro opens up the rest of Dubai, with the notable exception of Palm Jumeirah and Atlantis. Atlantis is served by a completely separate monorail system that doesn't conveniently link up.

It would be nice to have a pool of some sort at the Golf Club, but I appreciate that this would change the dynamic of the club. There are plenty of water parks and beaches within driving distance.

More critically, there is no real space for guests staying at the hotel to chill - besides the bar, and some seating in the reception area. The outside space really feels like a bar/restaurant area.

Speaking of the restaurant, the breakfasts are excellent. Full English for 48 Dhrs, and very good it is. The dinner menu is not extensive, but there is good variety. A two course meal for two people cost 300 Dhrs, with salmon and steak as our main courses, and loads of vegetables. at breakfast, Nancy's cheerful smile always started our day off well.

Staff without exception at the Golf Club are all very cheerful and helpful.

Each morning, a free local newspaper is attached to the door of the room. Complimentary water is supplied to the room each day, a small bottle per person, together with teabags and coffee.

As an aside, the Arabian Ranches has an excellent Health Centre and GP service that is within three minutes drive from the Club. Alongside that is the supermarket and a range of shops and small restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry I took this long to write back to you however, I am grateful for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and your expectations were met.
I am proud to inform you that we will improve the sleeping experience by changing the bed and the bed softs this summer and I am confident that when you visit us in the near future you will have a very comfortable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Arabian Ranches Golf Club!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Good rooms with everything you need although you had better be quick as there are only a few rooms in the hotel.
No pool is a draw back but compensated by the quiet of the location.
The food is good with a wide selection which is more European aligned than anything else. You need a car if on business to get around properly, but this is not any great difficulty as taxis are cheap and plentiful.
Don't expect the Hyatt but perfectly charming!
Downside, it could do with a brush up and upgrade of the seating within the bar area.
Great Golf location and less expensive than most!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry it took this long to write back to you however, am grateful for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your expectations were met.
In regards to the bar counter, the stools are now cozy making the Guest more relaxed to enjoy the drinks.

We look forward to welcoming you again to unwind and socialize at Arabian Ranches Golf Club!
Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

I am disappointed by my stay in this hotel, have lived in the Ranches for the last 5 years and on moving out recently we stayed in the hotel for a couple of nights. I don't disagree with the comments about the room being well maintained and the restaurant offering good value and being an excellent community meeting place in the evenings. Not always the nicest though for a couple wanting a quiet evening. My complaints where on some aspects of the service, the Internet wasn't working and no one seemed capable of getting it working, the tv only shows Arabic channels, but is on the Du service which at its best includes a wide range of channels, you couldn't even get CNN or BBC. The duvet on the bed only covered half the bed we got a 2nd one sent but strange. No I still think the Ranches is the nicest place to live in Dubai. One final comment is I understand the work going on round the hotel is due to water level problems on the golf course and so may not be as described by the last reviewer.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HoggyDubai
Dear Guest,

My apology for the delayed response. However, I am grateful for your feedback about your stay at Arabian Ranches Golf Club.
Regarding the service, we have had new staff on board and training sessions have been put in place to ensure that the standards are maintained.
Internet speed in the rooms has been upgraded and WIFI will soon be accessible in all public areas including the guest rooms. In addition, TV channels have also been improved as we have installed International channels covering Entertainment and News. I am pleased to inform you that bedding in the rooms has been upgraded for our guests’ comfortability. The golf course is currently being enhanced for playability and the project is already at an advanced stage. I hope the next time you visit Arabian Ranches Golf Club, you will have an unforgettable experience.

I look forward to welcoming you again at Arabian Ranches Golf Club!
Jeddah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Originally this hotel had views to a large lake on one side and the golf course on the other. Emaar decided to hack half the lake and build even more houses. It seems that once again the rest of it is destined for the chop leaving a pond with a fountain. What a pity.
The golf club is located in the popular gated community of Arabian Ranches developed around a desert theme with lovely walks. It has a small community centre with shops, restaurants and a super market
We visited after 6 years. Like my old aunt’s would say about her car “lovingly maintained by one careful owner”. The rooms are just as clean and fresh. The service is excellent and the staff mostly from the Far East and subcontinent are courteous and friendly.
Yup, as the other reviewers say if you want to get away from the hustle & bustle of Dubai then this is the place. It was lovely to hear the birds early in the morning. Definitely hope to go back again.

Room Tip: Rooms on left right at the end wil have the fountain view. Any on the other side for golf view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry I took this long to write back to you however, I am grateful for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your expectations were met.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Arabian Ranches Golf Club!
Algeciras, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

Calm, clean and with excellent service. This hotel is perfectly situated for the 24 hour Dubai car race as is just a couple of minutes away. The rooms are spacious and tranquil. No pool on site though which was our only disappointment.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us at the Arabian Ranches Golf Club!

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. In regards to your feedback, unfortunately we don’t have a swimming pool in the Club.However,during the stay we do offer free admittance to the swimming pool and gym at Dubai Polo and Equestrian Club which is our sister property few minutes drive from Arabian Ranches Golf Club.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the Club!
Aberdeen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

We visited this restaurant twice on our trip. The first time was Mexican night and the starter was a buffet style and really lovely. The main was a bit of a wait but was extremely nice. We all had a great night and enjoyed the food very much.

We enjoyed it so much we decided to go back to the BBQ evening. BIG MISTAKE!! We waited a hour for our drinks and then another half hour for our starters! Once we received them, the food was really nice but was a bit fed up after the wait. Waited another hour for our main courses! By this point we were extremely hacked off! To top it off, one of the party didnt get their mains and waited another half hour for it! He wished he hadnt bothered! The fish was like rubber and inedible!! We also had ribs but got no finger bowl or extra napkin, so you can imagine the mess of the linen napkins after that! To make matters even worse, there were stray cats roaming around with no actually squating down right in front of our table and doing it's business! Not nice. Don't think I would go back after that experience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jill F
Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Arabian Ranches Golf Club. I am sorry I took this long to write back to you however, I am grateful for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Mexican night and in general the food.

I want to apologize for the delay caused during the service and the fact that the food preparation delayed as well. We have had new staff on board in the F & B department for the past months and training sessions have been put into place to ensure that the Guests expectations are met. The trainings will also ensure that the service speed is maintained and the standards are met. In regards to the cats, we have taken safety measures to ensure that such an incident doesn’t occur again especially in the food handling areas.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Arabian Ranches Golf Club!
SUSSEX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Its a bit out of the way as you need to drive or taxi everywhere which is the only thing cheap in Dubai, it was perfect to get away for some golf and chill time only down side was the pool is at the polo club which costs £5 a time to get there but its worth it to have a dip, breakfast is great and its a very clean place, its sister course is the Montgomerie which does cost £10 to get to in a taxi and you cant use there facilities i was asked to leave the pool area!!! Members and there guests only!! My only problem was at check out, the hotel had not received the payment from my travel agent in the uk and they wanted me to pay again but i refused and had to see the manager before it was sorted, i booked through yourgolftravel.com and that was a worry!!! As im travelling arond the world at the moment hope thats not an ongoing thing!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. My apology for responding a bit later. I am grateful for your feedback and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your expectations were met. I do apologize on behalf of the team for the inconvenience caused during your check out and I recommend that for your future plans to stay with us, please book through our website – www.arabianranchesgolfdubai.com or www.booking.com to avoid any disappointment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Arabian Ranches Golf Club!