“Away from the hastle”

Ranked #310 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Away from the hastle”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Good rooms with everything you need although you had better be quick as there are only a few rooms in the hotel.
No pool is a draw back but compensated by the quiet of the location.
The food is good with a wide selection which is more European aligned than anything else. You need a car if on business to get around properly, but this is not any great difficulty as taxis are cheap and plentiful.
Don't expect the Hyatt but perfectly charming!
Downside, it could do with a brush up and upgrade of the seating within the bar area.
Great Golf location and less expensive than most!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry it took this long to write back to you however, am grateful for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your expectations were met.
In regards to the bar counter, the stools are now cozy making the Guest more relaxed to enjoy the drinks.

We look forward to welcoming you again to unwind and socialize at Arabian Ranches Golf Club!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dubai
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

I am disappointed by my stay in this hotel, have lived in the Ranches for the last 5 years and on moving out recently we stayed in the hotel for a couple of nights. I don't disagree with the comments about the room being well maintained and the restaurant offering good value and being an excellent community meeting place in the evenings. Not always the nicest though for a couple wanting a quiet evening. My complaints where on some aspects of the service, the Internet wasn't working and no one seemed capable of getting it working, the tv only shows Arabic channels, but is on the Du service which at its best includes a wide range of channels, you couldn't even get CNN or BBC. The duvet on the bed only covered half the bed we got a 2nd one sent but strange. No I still think the Ranches is the nicest place to live in Dubai. One final comment is I understand the work going on round the hotel is due to water level problems on the golf course and so may not be as described by the last reviewer.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HoggyDubai
Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

My apology for the delayed response. However, I am grateful for your feedback about your stay at Arabian Ranches Golf Club.
Regarding the service, we have had new staff on board and training sessions have been put in place to ensure that the standards are maintained.
Internet speed in the rooms has been upgraded and WIFI will soon be accessible in all public areas including the guest rooms. In addition, TV channels have also been improved as we have installed International channels covering Entertainment and News. I am pleased to inform you that bedding in the rooms has been upgraded for our guests’ comfortability. The golf course is currently being enhanced for playability and the project is already at an advanced stage. I hope the next time you visit Arabian Ranches Golf Club, you will have an unforgettable experience.

I look forward to welcoming you again at Arabian Ranches Golf Club!
Jeddah
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Originally this hotel had views to a large lake on one side and the golf course on the other. Emaar decided to hack half the lake and build even more houses. It seems that once again the rest of it is destined for the chop leaving a pond with a fountain. What a pity.
The golf club is located in the popular gated community of Arabian Ranches developed around a desert theme with lovely walks. It has a small community centre with shops, restaurants and a super market
We visited after 6 years. Like my old aunt’s would say about her car “lovingly maintained by one careful owner”. The rooms are just as clean and fresh. The service is excellent and the staff mostly from the Far East and subcontinent are courteous and friendly.
Yup, as the other reviewers say if you want to get away from the hustle & bustle of Dubai then this is the place. It was lovely to hear the birds early in the morning. Definitely hope to go back again.

Room Tip: Rooms on left right at the end wil have the fountain view. Any on the other side for golf view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry I took this long to write back to you however, I am grateful for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your expectations were met.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Arabian Ranches Golf Club!
Algeciras, Spain
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Calm, clean and with excellent service. This hotel is perfectly situated for the 24 hour Dubai car race as is just a couple of minutes away. The rooms are spacious and tranquil. No pool on site though which was our only disappointment.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us at the Arabian Ranches Golf Club!

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. In regards to your feedback, unfortunately we don’t have a swimming pool in the Club.However,during the stay we do offer free admittance to the swimming pool and gym at Dubai Polo and Equestrian Club which is our sister property few minutes drive from Arabian Ranches Golf Club.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the Club!
Aberdeen
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We visited this restaurant twice on our trip. The first time was Mexican night and the starter was a buffet style and really lovely. The main was a bit of a wait but was extremely nice. We all had a great night and enjoyed the food very much.

We enjoyed it so much we decided to go back to the BBQ evening. BIG MISTAKE!! We waited a hour for our drinks and then another half hour for our starters! Once we received them, the food was really nice but was a bit fed up after the wait. Waited another hour for our main courses! By this point we were extremely hacked off! To top it off, one of the party didnt get their mains and waited another half hour for it! He wished he hadnt bothered! The fish was like rubber and inedible!! We also had ribs but got no finger bowl or extra napkin, so you can imagine the mess of the linen napkins after that! To make matters even worse, there were stray cats roaming around with no actually squating down right in front of our table and doing it's business! Not nice. Don't think I would go back after that experience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jill F
Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Arabian Ranches Golf Club. I am sorry I took this long to write back to you however, I am grateful for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Mexican night and in general the food.

I want to apologize for the delay caused during the service and the fact that the food preparation delayed as well. We have had new staff on board in the F & B department for the past months and training sessions have been put into place to ensure that the Guests expectations are met. The trainings will also ensure that the service speed is maintained and the standards are met. In regards to the cats, we have taken safety measures to ensure that such an incident doesn’t occur again especially in the food handling areas.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Arabian Ranches Golf Club!
SUSSEX
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Its a bit out of the way as you need to drive or taxi everywhere which is the only thing cheap in Dubai, it was perfect to get away for some golf and chill time only down side was the pool is at the polo club which costs £5 a time to get there but its worth it to have a dip, breakfast is great and its a very clean place, its sister course is the Montgomerie which does cost £10 to get to in a taxi and you cant use there facilities i was asked to leave the pool area!!! Members and there guests only!! My only problem was at check out, the hotel had not received the payment from my travel agent in the uk and they wanted me to pay again but i refused and had to see the manager before it was sorted, i booked through yourgolftravel.com and that was a worry!!! As im travelling arond the world at the moment hope thats not an ongoing thing!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. My apology for responding a bit later. I am grateful for your feedback and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your expectations were met. I do apologize on behalf of the team for the inconvenience caused during your check out and I recommend that for your future plans to stay with us, please book through our website – www.arabianranchesgolfdubai.com or www.booking.com to avoid any disappointment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Arabian Ranches Golf Club!
Modena, Italy
Reviewed October 15, 2011

If you don't care about the location but just about resting, golfing and "outdoor pooling" in a bery nice and elegant setting, this is a good choice
It is not your regular hotel with lots of restaurants, lots of rooms, etc... But i spent a few days off season (prices are more acceptable) with not a lot of people around (i think they got like 6/7 rooms), very little noise, you could golf and with just a 10-min drive, you can go to the close-by polo club where guests have free admittance to their very nice pool.
Wifi is there anyway so if your schedule does not include jumping to the MOE every other minute, it is a good option

• Stayed February 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Arabian Ranches Golf Club. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. Please note that there are 11 luxurious Guest Rooms located within the Arabian Ranches clubhouse, each with spectacular views and en-suite facilities.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again along with your friends and family to Arabian Ranches Golf Club.