“WOW is all I can say!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Description: Amid minimalist opulence, at award-winning Indego by Vineet, the textures, flavours and expressive range of Indian cuisine are sumptuously brought alive. Guided by Michelin-starred Chef Vineet Bhatia, this restaurant is cherished for its exquisite contemporary combination of traditional spices and ingredients with fine-dining presentation.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We actually went to Indego because it was convenient and in the hotel, and hadn't even read all of the rave reviews. Wow, are we glad that we did not miss this restaurant. I have to say it was one of the top 5 meals I have ever had in my life. The service was impeccable, the food was made to perfection. Every bite was an experience in itself. The flavors were inspiring and original. I would have eaten here every night if we had discovered it earlier. I am still dreaming about the food weeks after.

2  Thank Jennifer S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

U can blindly take a any pick and u will always be correct...the fares are just perfect...vegetarian or non vegetarian...it tastes heavenly...just perfect...nothing more nothing less...great ambience wonderful service...a fabulous team...and u can take little away from the chefs...

A few visits to try each n everyone of the dish is necessary to really appreciative the wizardy of Vineet Bhatia...great drinks selection...it's a place you keep going back again and again...

Every time I go to Indego I starve for a few hours so that I cud have a wee bit more...I suggest u do the same...

3  Thank Manoj A M
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am not a huge fan of Indian, nor am I someone that drools over a restaurant. However, I am incredibly lucky to be able to go to this restaurant as much as I do. The food is incredible. To start with, I would recommend some of the canapes they offer whilst out on the terrace. You can have them whilst outside watching boats go on by to and from the marina, or watching the beautiful twisty building (sorry I don't know the name of it) being worked on at night, whilst ordering a tasty cocktail, or a glass of wine. Then for the main course, my particular favourites are the Lamb rogan josh, the Chicken Biriani (comes in a pot mixed with rice and chicken, covered by the most delicious pastry) the tiger prawns and the chicken tikka Marsala. The service is impeccable, with their kind greetings beginning from the moment you walk in, to the last moment when you are leaving, so full you can barely walk and you feel completely satisfied. Most restaurants in Dubai are quite expensive, and Indego is no different, but it is not a restaurant you want to miss out on. If you don't like spicy food they will tailor any dish to your requirements. I hope you find this review helpful, and I am sure you will enjoy it as much as i have done in the past.

4  Thank Blogossy
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I don't know where to start in describing our visit to Indego as (cheesy as this sounds) words cannot sufficiently describe it. From the first contact we had with the restaurant (making reservation via email) we found the staff to be friendly and had a good feeling about dining at Indego.

On the day of our booking, we put our reservation back half an hour (wanted to make the most of our hotel's premier lounge - see my review for the Grosvenor House Hotel!) and the staff could not have been more accomodating about us doing do. It's a very easy to find restaurant, located on the ground floor in Tower 1 of Grosvenor House, one of the first hotels to have popped up in Dubai. The decor was clean and simple yet inviting with dark mahogany panelling, sumptious red velevet chairs and crisp white linen with splashes of gold and interesting lighting adding glamour. The staff were friendly and helpful upon arrival and remained so throughout the meal. We were seated near a rather rowdy trio and the staff asked, very diplomatically I must say, if it was too loud for us! We were fine and the group had nearly finished their meal but the staff's concern for us really struck me. We spotted an outside terrace and when enquiring about a table out there, as we had not known it existed, the manager informed us they did not really advertise it. Apparently, it's often not open due to unpredictable weather plus fills up very quickly with early diners if it is open, but he did promise if a table became available we would be moved. And so we were! After our delicious complimentary cone-shaped poppadoms with homemade chutneys (mango, mint raita, and yogurt infused with beetroot) and chosen starters (kebab platter for one and pan-seared chili scallops) we adjourned to the terrace and were greeted with a breath-taking view of the marina, water and ever-growing 'Infinity tower' which is not yet complete. Highspot of our honeymoon.

The portions were on the smaller side but we found sharing our starters then having our own mains was sufficient fodder for an evening meal. One tip is to select a main that comes with something extra so that you won't need to order additional, expensive side dishes. For example, I had spice crusted sea bass which came with tandoori crushed potatoes and crisp okra and my husband enjoyed ginger lamp chops with masala biryani rice. All washed down with a few chilled beers, of which there is a good selection.

The food was the best Indian cuisine either of us has had which, as massive fans of curries etc, really is high praise. An additional bonus is that when ordering, the waiting staff ask which level of spiciness you would prefer so your meal really is catered to you. I opted for medium, which had a warming kick, and my husband stuck with mild, which was on the level of a regular chicken korma in the UK.

I feel it is important to also add to my review something that demonstrates just how fabulous the staff are at Indego. We completed a feedback form at the end of the meal. We rated every area 9 or 10 out of 10 and were exceptionally happy with the service and food we received. I had, however, written the somewhat cheeky comment of "Sadly no acknowledgement of our honeymoon, unlike at Rhodes TwentyTen" (where we had been the previous evening). We thought nothing more of it, headed off to Bar 44 in Tower 1 (as kindly recommended by the staff at Indego) to take in the views, didn't find the bar to our liking so went to the overpriced but magnificent Buddha Bar (see separate reviews) and were amazed, while ordering our drinks, to see the manager of Indego. He had tracked us down (having been to the other hotel bars) in order to get us a round of drinks to mark our honeymoon. We were then seated in a private area at the bar, despite the bar being overcrowded and lots of other patrons standing, and given a congratulatory chocolate cake bedecked with rose petals - which was delicious! What customer service!

All-in-all, this was a faultless dining experience and we hope to return to Dubai one day purely on the basis of Grosvenor House and Indego by Vineet. Go and enjoy a meal there, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

4  Thank BackpackingBabe
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Not man fine dining Indian restaurants exist around. I hAs a large lunch so decided to o easy on quantity. I had a mixed vegetable salad with Indian spices ( normally a side dish but I chose it as a starter - delicious). As a main dish I shared a Chicken morsels dish ( in fact cubes of chicken) and a prawn dish. Both delicious. Fresh distinctive taste. Excellent service. Superb taste. Loved it

3  Thank Lovetotraveldubai