“Went back again!”

Mumtaz Mahal Indian Speciality Restaurant
Ranked #285 of 9,701 Restaurants in Dubai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Creek
Description: An award winning Indian speciality restaurant 'Mumtaz Mahal' is a fine dining restaurant serving North West & Mughlai delicacies using authentic ingredients that will offer every taste bud a palette of flavours! The restaurant is a themed outlet that is adored by Indian nationals and tourists alike.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Really enjoyed the food in this restaurant. Only issue we had was that my husband enjoys hot curries. He chose a meal that was said to be hot but the waiter talked him out of it and into something else. When the dish arrived it had no heat in it at all. When we back the 2nd time, my husband made his original choice which was hot, but perfect. I think some overseas Indian restaurants worry that people will not enjoy their meal because it will turn out to be too hot. I'm sure this does happen sometimes. One thing I noticed, was that all the customers in there at the same time as us were English - we do like our curries don't we?

There are newer reviews for Mumtaz Mahal Indian Speciality Restaurant

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Average food - huge menu with WAY too many choices - sitar player was fun for a while but we didn't need him all meal! - OK service - overpriced considering the quality of meals you can get elsewhere in Dubai for less money.

1  Thank Heavenl1y
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I continued to train my tastebuds on eating the wonderful tastes and spices of India here. I´m still learning mutton and enjoyed trying it here.
I believe most nights they have live entertainment. Try to hear the Sitar player who also teaches classes on Wednesdays. He is amazing and it adds a nice spark to the dinner.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Food was slow to arrive and wrong when it did. When we received the bill we saw they had charged us for their mistake! Pointed this out and got it taken off the bill but really shouldn't have to do this. Food pretty average considering how high the prices are - £8 for small bowl of plain rice! There are plenty of better indian restaurants serving far better food at a quarter of the price.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The cabaret includes some fine Indian dancing, by women draped in beautiful, colourful silk sarees. They are so energetic that one wonders how they manage to revive between numbers. The singing is ok but would benefit from not trying to emulate Celine Dion! The food is very much northern Indian, but none the worse for that, if not outstanding. The staff are a bit too obsequious for my taste, but that is a very personal reaction.
For dinner and a show it is well worth a visit.