“great value”

Raintree Hotel, Deira City Centre
Ranked #307 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I have stayed more than once at the Dusit Princess. The service is great, they have superb rooms with all the trimmings and the price and location are unbeatable. This is my choice when I am in Dubai.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Raintree Hotel, Deira City Centre

Reviewed October 6, 2010

I stayed in the hotel for the first time last june , I decided to do so ever time I come to visit Dubai ( I am living in Qatar). the most positive points about the hotel are:
- Location : 10 mn from the airport / just close to City centre mall ( big and famous mall in dubai ) / 10 mn from the downtown
- the Staff is great , very helpful , always smiling and offerering assistance and I would like to thank them all for making my stay memorable
- room furniture is new ( I heard that that hotel opened on December 2009)
- the cost of Lunch / Dinner (Buffet) is very good (49 Dirhams per person ) , not really expensive ( but it was a promotion and I do not know if it has been increased the price)
- the hotel is not big as I expected but the service there is better than many big hotels that I had visited.

thanks
Ahmed Aouini

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2010

i stay 10 night there , this is the first time i stay at dusit princess but its very nice specialy for family trip . breakfast is very good and the resturant staff was very freindly specialy Rem . i suggest to go there and enjoy your stay there .
Ashkan

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I booked this hotel afer reading the other reviews here. The hotel is fairly near the airport, DHS28 from the airport (the meter starts at DHS20) and DHS11 from the hotel to the airport. Very convenient for someone who arrives at 4 am in the morning.

The hotel was very considerate, only charged me half of the room rate for the first night since I arrived early morning. The room is superb, very clean, staff friendly and helpful. I was a lone female traveller and I did not feel unsafe at any time at this hotel. Taxis are also easily available from the hotel.

I was under the impression from other reviewers that the hotel has free internet service which was not true during my stay. They charge DHS25 per hour or DHS65 for 3 hours.

My lower rating for the sleep quality unfortunately is that I was woken up early morning with the sounds of the door from the other rooms being opened and closed. The Hotel is also next to a construction site and the highway, hence sometimes you can hear the traffic (I was on the fourth floor.) On the third morning however at 9 am I heard drilling. Luckily I was going out anyways but it would have been a pain if I wanted to sleep in.

I ordered room service which was excellent.

Would I stay there again, yes most definitely. Very convenient if you're looking for a decent and comfortable hotel near to the airport and the Diera City Center Mall.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We had a two night stay at the Dusit Princess Dubai on an extended stop over travelling back to Asia from Europe.
We arrived very late (or early depending on how you look at it) - around 2.30 am.
Staff were friendly and efficient. We were asked if we wanted to upgrade our room (at a cost). We had a baby cot and realised things could get a bit cramped so agreed (the additional costs was quite small). We were please with the room. Perfectly spacious and stylishly equipped in in a modern, fairly minimalist style.
Breakfast wasnt included in our rate which was fine as our late arrival meant that we weren't up and around until after 10.30 am.
We did each lunch at the hotel buffet which was excellent quality and very, very well priced. About 15 USD for a selection of hot dishes , salads, soups, and handmade desserts, all freshly prepared. Highly recommended.
After a day of wandering in and out of shopping malls in Dubai (with the temperature in the 50C - 120 F range ) we retired to the hotel for an early night (we had a 6am flight the following day).
We ordered a room service meal which was fine, not at all bad but neither was it worthy of particular praise. One thing that did dissappoint us was that the Dusit is a 'dry' hotel. We 're not big drinkers but after a long day in the sun were looking forward to a cool beer with dinner. Not only does the hotel not have a licence to sell alcohol of any kind but when we asked instead for one fo the two non-alocholic beers listed on the room service menu we were told that neither was in stock. Not their fault that they dont have a licence but a) we felt that the fact that hotel was dry could have been more prominently mentioned - we had no idea until we called room service and b) if they're going to advertise two different kinds of non-alcohol beer on their menu they should at least have one in stock.
One other tip. Write down the address of the hotel for the taxi driver. We used three taxi's and none of them knew the hotel or its location. The main entrance is fairly small and not garishly lit like most hotels.
In summary this is a good , but not perfect hotel . Great buffet, adequate rooms but a slightly awkward location and the no-alcohol thing may be a problem for some.
I should say that the staff are geneuinely excellent. The duty manager that checked us in (and out) - her name began with an "L" was an asset to the hotel. Friendly, polite and efficient but to be honest so were all the other staff that we dealy with here. The Dusit chain can be sure that their Princess Dubai is in good hands.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank swbhoy
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights on my way to the USA. Generally, I was very satisfied with the hotel -- it is very stylish throughout, with comfortable rooms, large bathrooms with both tub and walk-in shower, and very nice beds and linens. The food in the restaurant was good, although I think they could do better by establishing a Thai restaurant, rather than trying to be all things to all people with an international menu. The breakfast was fine, but might disappoint those who are used to a broader selection. In terms of drawbacks, the rooftop swimming pool, although stylish, is very small, the check-in and check-out was rather inefficient, and (another reviewer mentioned this) the in-room internet was inconvenient. Internet is expensive in all the hotels in Dubai, but this hotel had a strange system whereby every time one wanted to use the in-room internet, it's necessary to call the front desk and have someone come to the room with a piece of paper, on which is written a userid and password.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2010

i enjoyed this trip and i'll never forget this hotel.it's close to city center mall and metro station. rooms are perfect and bathroom is large and comfortable with all amenities, including in room safe, ironing board+iron, coffee making facilities, newspaper. Staff are very friendly and helpful . Breakfast is good . bed is very comfortable , most of taxi driver did'nt know this place but that's not important because as you say the hotel is opposite of city center shopping mall there will be no problem... The real charm of the Hotel is the people working there is a well trained, friendly staff that really makes you feel welcomed and at home. i had a good experience there and i will come back there whenever i can.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends