“Good one”

Ranked #297 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Lahore, Pakistan
“Good one”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

very good hotel near city centre close to all major tourist attractions
hotel location is a big plus point and also hotel is very good in terms of services offered against prices
although they should improve their menu as options are limited

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank saeed210

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chapala, Mexico
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our cab driver had a hard time finding this hotel in part because the name was changed to Raintree and we had not been notified after making the reservation. Construction was taking place in the lobby so our first impression was not very positive. The room was adequate and quiet. The hotel is located a short walk from a large Western style shopping mall.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tromsø, Norway
Reviewed July 14, 2014

It was my second stay in this hotel. I left a poor review the first time (5. September 2013) and my second visit was no better.

To conclude my first visit in the year 2013:
+ good room
- hard to find the hotel
- no customer service
- no way to contact hotel directly
- no answers via tripadvisor email

The management wrote a reply to my review stating that they are sorry and that everything has changed now and that they hope to see me again in future with their renewed services.

Well I trusted them and decided to spend another night there.

Since I left my glasses there last time, they did not reply to my question if they found it and I had to spend 150€ to replace them, I emailed them via their new contact form (they actually did improve something!) to ask for the best price to make up for my loss. I didn't expect a positive answer and also their website showed no availability for any night (for whatever reason..?!) but I did expect SOME answer. But as you already might guess, their "renewed services" simply means that they still don't answer emails, because they obviously don't care about their guests.

Seriously, how can that be? A hotel lives from their guests and if a guest has a question you simply ignore him? If I would do this to my customers I could close my business in no time.

But I promised myself I still would want to check the hotel out again, since they still had the best price (40€ per night) for an 4.5 average rating.

When booking via booking.com (since their website shows no availability) I mentioned that I wanted a nice view, if possible.

I arrived at the hotel and saw right away that the hotel is undergoing construction. The lobby was a mess, barely any room to move, receptionists not very friendly, more annoyed than anything else. It surprised me that they rebuild the lobby which was what I liked most about the hotel when I visited last time. Both elevators were torn apart as well. Why would you tear up the elevators and then just leave them like this?

There was no note in advance anywhere that there will be constructions and even in the hotel itself there was none apologizing for the inconveniences or informing guests how long construction will take or how much will be done.

Also just then I realized that the hotel had changed its name to Raintree Hotel, although TripAdvisor still says Suha City.

Check-in here took longer than in any other hotel I have ever been. Not with one word they mentioned my request for a good view. Either they didn't read it, or they don't care. Probably both.

The service to drive my car into the garage wasn't available anymore, other than the last time I visited. I got an explanation on where to find the garage "just turn left and then left again", but couldn't find it right away and since it was 3 in the morning I just left the car outside.

They told me they would block 100 Dirham on my credit card, in case I ate something from the mini bar.

Let's start with the mini bar. It was empty. Obviously the fridge was participating in Ramadan (picture attached).

When I came into the room and wanted to put the card into the card holder to turn the lights on, the card holder fell apart (picture attached).

The carpet and chair were dirty (pictures attached) and the view from the room was the worst they could give me (picture attached). The view was better last time when I didn't request a good view.

Since the hotel is undergoing renovation and I only saw one other couple during my stay, I highly doubt that the other rooms were booked out.

The WiFi was working well, but when I asked the receptionist for the password he told me to just log into the WiFi with the name "Raintree", although the name was "Suha City". It's not like it matters, but it just adds up to the feeling that the people working here don't take anything seriously.

The rest of the room, especially the bathroom, were alright, not much too complain, but that doesn't make up for the lousy customer service this hotel offers.

You shouldn't even bother writing another reply praising yourself how much you improved everything again. If you fail at the simplest tasks like answering emails from tourists you may have chosen the wrong field to work in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank thomashunger
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed before at the Raintree Hotel (previous Suha City). A real gem for the price range. This time I got if for like 30% less and I should of knows: There is extensive interior construction. The lobby and area near the restaurant is a full and load construction zone. It was not on the website I used for booking the room, but then Raintree might not of told them. Putting up a paper sign in the elevator with "pardon our construction and we apologize", just does not do it.

The staff let me use one of their front desk computers for a while for email, ect. Still I had way too much work to do to get it done at the "front desk". They were helpful and also allowed me to check in at 900am. Probably since there was so few people staying there, that would not be a problem.

Ordered a Cobb salad. Very small. The "turkey", was 4 small bits of turkey bacon from probably breakfast. The Cesar dressing was just mayonnaise. Really, just mayonnaise and that was it.

Room Tip: Confirm about the construction or not.
Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Travelguy365
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Suha City Hotel is very nice, the rooms are comfortable, and the staff is very friendly. We chose to purchase the breakfast each morning during our stay, and it was very good, with a broad selection of fresh fruit, bagels, cheeses, and hot options also. The hotel was a bit difficult for our taxi driver to find, but once we got there, everything was great. It is directly across the street from a mall with several eating and shopping options. The metro is also located in the end of this mall, which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. From there, much of the city is accessible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GBUNT
Tehran
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Very close to Deira city centre. Clean area, good atmosphere. Professional personnel. The kitchen is also where you can find everything.
The rooms are clean and big. Internet connection is acceptable. Near to underground and bus stations.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SuhaCityHotel, Director of Sales at Raintree Hotel, Deira City Centre, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage and for reviewing us.

We are glad to know that you were delighted with our services and we always endeavour to meet the expectations of our clients. The spacious rooms, the courteous associates, the variety in menu and an extremely convenient location; all our amenities are thought out to cater to your business and leisure needs.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to welcome you again.

Best Regards,
Deepak Singhal
Director of Sales
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Excellent stay, close to the Diera City Shopping centre, the metro and airport. Room was clean and had the usual extras. Close to good restaurants and bars. The staff were friendly, although they were very busy on reception, maybe at busy times they could add extra staff to help with the guests.

Room Tip: Quiet non smoking away from the lift area
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business