“Excellent food but no atmosphere”
Review of Ossigeno

Ossigeno
Ranked #723 of 9,567 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Description: From the fresh, regional ingredients to the traditional recipes and of course the flair and passion of head chef Marco Lucentini, Ossigeno showcases deliciously rustic Italian cuisine at its finest.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent food but no atmosphere”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Having booked Ossigeno we arrived at the restaurant and to our surprise the only people there were the staff. Fortunately once we had ordered we thoroughly enjoyed the meal. As you may expect the staff were very attentive and almost over compensated by continually asking how we were enjoying the meal. It was excellent although the final bill was very expensive the quality was lovely. Sadly there was no atmosphere as we were totally alone!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Crockett55

“Ok but lacked atmosphere”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nicely decorated modern looking restaurant with well spaced tables. Fairly traditional italian menu and reasonable quality pasta. The star dish was my fish with a butter sauce but apart from that it was fairly avarage. Atmosphere was also a bit dull and quiet. So no complaints but not enough to make me go back.

• Visited March 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great food, nice atmosphere and staff were very friendly and attentive. This is Dubai and one of the best hotels so the meal was on the expensive side, but it was very nice indeed.

• Visited January 2012
Turin, Italy
“Real italian food in Dubai”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

First of all, I'm Italian and I often travel out of Italy.
Second: I prefer not to eat in Italian restaurant outside Italy, since I'm never satisfied about what I find.
Now, Ossigeno and Pizzeria, two restaurants inside Le Royal Meridien, in Dubai, are different: a warm welcome from the manager, followed by an impeccable service and food as I dream to eat when I'm at home in Italy.
The Menu is very interesting, and suggested by the manager, we started with a wonderful "chef" appetizer, followed by a perfect carpaccio. Pasta was fresh-hand-made, cooked to perfection, well served, as well as the main fish course. And what about dessert? The chocolate cake, with liquid heart, was divine.

I was really really happy about everything: I asked to meet Chef Marco, and he explained me that he's looking to offer in Dubai the REAL Italian food, like you would expect in Italy, letting just a few foreign influences to enter in the menu. And using just original and fresh Italian ingredients.

What I have to say: the result was superb, and this is (these are, since Pizzeria is in the same building, by the same Chef) at the moment the only Italian restaurant I'd suggest outside Italy.

• Visited November 2012
8 Thank Skiman
Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
“Great food and good service.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just great. Very authentic Italian cuisine, good value for money. Wine very expensive as it often is in Dubai. Service was very good and staff were friendly and helpful.

• Visited November 2012