Tripadvisor
Dubai

“Brilliant for a quiet drink”
Review of Makar

Makar
Reserve a Table
Ranked #3,130 of 12,100 Restaurants in Dubai
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Quiet, cosy and out of the way. Great selection of beers and whiskies. Perfect for a quiet drink with a friend, or even a night cap solo. You see plenty of business travelers staying in the hotel sneaking in a quick drink and some of the bar snacks.

And on the bar snacks...while nice enough, a bit more variety would be welcome I think in the choices, or at least perhaps a refresh of the current menu is due.

Other than that, great place to have a chilled drink and a chat.

Date of visit: November 2019
David A, General Manager at Makar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive review!

We are glad that you enjoyed your visit to Makar.

Thanks for the feedback - I will definitely look into this.

We’ll be waiting for you – come back soon!

Kind regards,

Cluster General Manager

Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed November 17, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I chose to eat here for our first meal in Dubai and first night within the hotel that Makar is in.
My husband had the scotch egg to start which he said was amazing. We both had the burgers. I chose mine medium rare and husbands well done.
However although I was happy enough with mine when my husband bit into his he found it to be rare, which he struggled to eat due to the texture, so we swapped with my second half it was more cooked.
Other than that the food was perfect. We will be back and would recommend.

Date of visit: November 2019
David A, General Manager at Makar, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2019

Hi Julz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Glad that you loved our Scottish Bar, Makar as much as we do!

Thanks for the feedback.

We're waiting for you - come back soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 1, 2019

Went for a wander round the hotel and found Makar bar. It’s happy hour so I just had to try the Scottish draft beer. Excellent.

The bar has happy hour from 4 to 8pm with a range of drinks and snacks, super value

Date of visit: August 2019
David A, General Manager at Makar, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

Hi Glen,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely review.

We work really hard to offer all our guests the best experience in every possible way and it makes us happy to see it reflected here.

I agree, the Scottish beer is one of my favourites!

See you soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

Cosy place... they did try to put an egg white in my amaretto sours which was highly confusing so settled for a amaretto coke. Apart from that serve was good.

Date of visit: May 2019

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review.

We really appreciate your feedback as it is the only way that helps us improve.

Hope to see you again soon.

Very best,

Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

I normally hate hotel bars. We walked all day and just wanted a beer. Came here and were very surprised, great staff, nice atmosphere and a good selection of whiskey. Great live solo musician at a level you can still talk.

Date of visit: April 2019

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive thoughts and for the great score. You literally made our day!

We are delighted that you loved the vibes at our Scottish bar!

We're waiting for you - come back soon!

Cheers,