“Perfectly Adequate place to stay if you like Dubai Marina”

Address Dubai Marina
Ranked #4 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I do not know the price of this hotel by comparison to e.g. a Hyatt, Marriott or Interncontinental (or indeed The Address Downtown - less than that, I would think), but the arrivals process is certainly pleasant, the room services are good, food excellent, the staff are friendly and polite, and the "in crowd" love the place, its nightclub, the pool, etc - so much so that guests are banned from swimming after (I recollect) 9pm. I have suggested to the management two things:

1. Handles for the baths. I slipped and injured myself trying to get out - my fault, but it would certainly help if the baths had proper handles. I wonder if they have done anything about this?

2. A covering over at least part of the swimming pool would be sensible - it is unusable if you don't want full sun exposure, which is not very sensible in the peak of summer.

I may be wrong, but I doubt, however, that either of these things will be done. The Marina location is an essentally temporary spot for The Address brand, as more and more buildings go up, the view deteriorates and the hotel becomes less attractive as a leisure destination. Staff openly give it about eight years.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SeresM
SpencerWadama, General Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Address Dubai Marina and for the time you have taken to write your feedback on Trip Advisor. First, please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had.

At The Address Dubai Marina, we pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all our guests. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the very best welcome and service. With this in mind, your observations and feedback are much valued in directing us in this regard.

I was most concerned to learn of the injury you had in the bathroom, please be assured that we have looked into this matter and corrective action has been taken in order to ensure that such situation does not occur in the future. I am always striving to make improvements and take all feedback sincerely and will look into the suggestion with ernest, especially when it deals with guests safety.

I trust that you will once again accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience on this occasion. Notwithstanding the above, I very much hope that this most unfortunate experience will not prevent you from returning to The Address Dubai Marina sometime in the near future.

Thank you once again for your understanding and I am looking forward to having the opportunity to meet and welcoming you back in the future.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times,

Spencer Wadama

Write a ReviewReviews (2,932)

Reviewed December 11, 2013

It's a Dubai 5 star so there's not much else to say about the hotel. If you find anything to moan about you are too critical! Good location on the Marina with a mall adjoining. If you want food from the UK there's a Waitrose open 0800 - 2300. Metro will get you to all the key places - use Jumirah Towers station as closer than the Marina metro

Room Tip: Ask for pool view as building sites the town side
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert K
SpencerWadama, General Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Many thanks for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure and compliment for us to have your review and feedback on our hotel.

It is only with such communication that we can endeavor to maintain and provide the highest standard of care, hospitality and service to all our guests, as we move forward.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

There a lot of great hotels in Dubai, and The Address (Marina) is certainly one of them. If you're attending meetings in Media City and want easy access to Abu Dhabi, then this is a great location. I had a suite over-looking the near-finished Marina; room service and gym were both excellent; when my car to Abu Dhabi was a no-show, the hotel concierge immediately made available a hotel car (at a cost!) which was a massive relief. The outside pool bar is also worth a mention a - a great setting for drinks in the cooler winter months.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
SpencerWadama, General Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Very nice location, in Marina Dubai. Choose your room with a balcony, these days the weather is good, so you can sit outside in the balcony sipping your evening tea, I had an excellent view from the Room balcony, Could see almost all of Marina high rise. The Infinity Pool is excellent. Enjoy the Lunch Buffet at Mazina restaurant. and The place by the infinity pool is not bad at all to just unwind catch with friends for couple of hours in the evening. Over All good Hotel, friendly staff! avoid the dine in there is lot to see around and eat in Marina Dubai.Enjoy :)

Room Tip: Try and get room with a balcony and towards the pool side. Higher the floor better the view is!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Out of all the places in the world I have traveled...the UAE Dubai and this hotel in particular, gave me the BEST treatment I have ever received! From the time we stepped out of our taxi and went into the hotel, to the day we left, we were completely taken care of. The Address Marina believes in total customer service and satisfaction. They showed us the hotel and our room and made sure it was to our satisfaction. The room was wonderful, with everything we could possibly need and the view of the marina was beautiful every night! The breakfast each day had so much to choose from, it made it difficult to decide, and the service was top notch. The location was perfect, and we enjoyed walking around the attached mall and the marina and enjoyed the nearby restaurants. And all though there was construction going on around the marina, we did not notice any sound of it in our room... We especially enjoyed relaxing by the pool lounge each evening after our busy day. The front desk staff was very accommodating and answered many questions we had, and made arrangements for us to visit specific attractions in the area. They always made sure we were taken care of. This was one of the best trips we had ever taken...and the hotel staff was courteous, helpful, friendly and served us with the highest standards... absolutely no complaints what-so-ever!! LOVED every minute of our stay!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Address Dubai Marina and for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure to read your very kind review and I would very much like to thank you for recognizing our Front Office associates, I will gladly share your comments with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was my third visit to the hotel, this time with my wife and we stayed for 6 nights over late October/early November. The welcome is warm and the rooms are spacious and well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. We had a premier suite this time compared with the grand room I had last year. It was larger for both the lounge and bedroom but the view was worse and I am not sure I would pay the extra again as the grand rooms are spacious anyway. it was very good value compared with similar sized suites elsewhere particularly as it was half term and towards the end of the week it was grand prix time in Abu Dhabi so costs generally everywhere were much higher.
The good points were good value, chauffeur service to and from the hotel, the spa and overall attitude of the staff.
The negative this time was the service in shades bar and restaurant around the pool which consistently fell below expectations for a 5 star hotel and particularly from past experience at this hotel and in other Dubai hotels. In my view they need to look at staffing levels, which were often too low when the pool area was busy and supervision as no one seemed in charge. Also pressure on one Barman so that even when staffing levels rose during the day it still took far too long to be served as the bottleneck was behind the bar. 15 minutes was the average time to be served a drink which isn't good and frustrating when I was sat on a number of occasions only a few feet from the bar. They also ran out of draught beer and some bottles of beer simply because there was no one restocking or supporting the barman hence my rating this time as it needs to improve as Dubai is very competitive and excellent service is a given for 5 star hotels.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor that overlooks the pool which is a better view and will be away from the bass no...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience during your visit to Shades.

I am very happy you enjoyed the view of our pool and the Dubai Marina skyline. I was concerned to understand that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your visit, it is definitely not reflective of the experience that we endeavor to deliver to our guests. I have taken your comments seriously and will discuss them with the respective members of my team. I offer no excuses, rather a commitment to ensure this will not reoccur in the future.

Thank you for bringing these incidents to my attention and taking the time to give me your valuable feedback and I hope this will not deter you from returning to Shades in the near future.

Please feel free to reach out our Assistant F&B Director directly should you have additional comments, avieira@theaddress.com

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed in one of the apartments for a period of three months which is shared with the hotel

Rooms - nice expecting of a five star hotel. Although some things like the AC system could do with sorting. A balcony give you a great view no matter what side you are on

Pool - The best bit. Huge infinity pool which is situated on the 14th floor. Really calming.

Location - 10 minute walk to JBR, direct access to Dubai Marina Mall through the lobby which is convenient as it has a Waitrose, Mcdonalds etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Imran H
SpencerWadama, General Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Many thanks for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

I was most concerned to learn of the disappointment of AC system issues, rest assured corrective measures have been taken to keep such situation isolated.