“Nice endeed!”

Address Dubai Marina
Ranked #7 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Visited The Address for a week in early January for a vacation combining golf, shopping and sun. The Address is perfectly situated considering the great golf establishments in the neighborhood. Only 5 min to Emirates and 10 to The Montgomerie with taxi (ride 20 Dirams / less than 5 euros).
The service at the Address is top class; friendly, attentive and stil relaxed. We had a Grand room which gave us a lot of complimentary services and the room was just perfect. The mall in connection to the hotel was also a big plus.
If anything, the view from the room, considering the price, was perhaps not what you might had expected as there is a constant building process going on on all sides of the hotel. We might had preferred to have the balcony towards the pool. The atmosphere at the hotel is also perhaps more like a business hotel than for a vacation, but that is perhaps just a matter of size - the hotel plus the residence hotel is enormous and now, when the hotel was pretty crowded (Russian winter holiday etc.), you could not obtain a free deck mattress at the pool in the afternoon unless waiting for an hour or so. The night club's noise was also to be overheard until early hours.
Anyway, definitely recommendable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter_from_Finland
Write a ReviewReviews (3,005)

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have to admit, when I was told by my company that I was traveling to Dubai for a meeting, I was very nervous. I had never been to the Middle East and I had no idea what to expect. I was truly "ignorant" of the local culture, customs, traditions, etc. I did a little research, but that didn't quiet my anxiety.

First things first, this hotel was PERFECT for me!! It was upscale, great service and connected to a mall...oh, and the beach was a short walk, too. The hotel and the mall were like a warm blanket for me because they made me feel comfortable and relaxed. To be honest, I was a big chicken, and not really into exploring the local area and culture. I know there were great adventures to be had if you're not a nervous nelly like me...boat rides, local markets, camel rides, desert jeep rides, etc.

Food at the hotel was VERY diverse...something for everyone including italian, indian, and asian options at lunch and dinner.

A few tips I learned from fellow westerners: everyone speaks English and wears "western" business attire so no need to be concerned with that, women should not initiate conversations with men as it appears forward (even saying hello or good morning in the elevator, who knew?), don't take picture of the men or women in national dress (especially the women), be careful exposing too much skin as a woman just be conservative with skirt lengths, etc.

If I ever find a need to go back to Dubai, I will definitely stay at an Address Hotel again. They have one downtown near the big mall, too!

Room Tip: Ask for a view overlooking the pool side of the hotel. That was the best view in my opinion. The oth...
1  Thank mylestraveled
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Once again, I was on the road and stayed at the Address in Dubai Marina.
This was my second stay at this hotel and my 4th trip to Dubai. One of my colleagues booked me a room here as our office is almost opposite street (air distance but not by car...).

After a great flight from London, the immigration area was quite crowded and even if travelling in business class it took me more than 1/2 hour to get thru.
Luckily, the Address Hotel has its own little desk when you exit the customs area and I was greeted and swiftly brought to a huge 4X4 Ford monster and I was the only guest. Very smooth drive to the hotel (it was 1.30AM).

The checking was quick and very pleasant. The receptionist knew that that I stayed before (last time was in February 2011).
Got a suite (#915) again which was great on the 9th floor and on a corner. The bathroom is filled with Acqua di Parma products. The rest is just beyond expectations. You only get the best (hifi, TV, expresso machine, etc...). You will sleep more than well.

The breakfast: perfect ! Not that is not fair. It was a 11 pts on a scale of 10.
I had some fresh fruits and then dim sums. Sat outside on the terrace overlooking the boats and the canal of the Marina. Try to sit outside if not too hot. If your colleague(s) smokes then it is even better.

The pool outside is great and there is a fitness center that I did not have the time to use.

We used a lot the business which was very efficient and discrete. We had a few meetings in the coffee shop (not the right term) in the lobby. Very convenient.

On my way back to the airport, had a splendid white Range Rover with chauffeur. Newspapers and water on the rear seat. Fast, safe and excellent drive !

Hope to stay here again next time. A 5 star hotel. Definitively !

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Good hotel, the rooms are spacious and the beds extremely comfortable. It was also nice to have a balcony and free internet. It is in a great location, attached to Marina mall and a short walk from the metro. Downside was that the noise from the bar kept us awake most nights and it doesn't close until 3am! It is also very expensive in the hotel for food and drinks.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

I stayed at the Address Dubai Marina just before Christmas. Excellent rooms, lovely restaurants, and very polite and helpful staff - except for those at the hotel's front-desk and in reservations - who are "all smiles" - but get too many of the basics wrong.

Booking a complimentary car was a nightmare - reservations didn't seem to understand their own 24 hr check-in/check-out policy - especially since many flights to Dubai arrive in the early hours - and managed to get my name wrong on 4 occasions. I gave up trying to explain!

I was then given one room-rate at check-in, only to be advised of another room-rate the next day .... because the front-desk had made a mistake the previous day. Very odd - as the room was booked well in advance.

A pity - as the experience with the front-desk ruined what would have been a wonderful experience.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed here for a 5 days on-route to Europe & was slightly disappointed. The hotel it's self beautiful & rooms amazing but some of the staff let this property down. The room, bed & bathroom amazing. Nice touches were the iPod docking station & the LeCube Nespresso. The room attendant each day spoiled me with extra capsules each day. The room attendants & the concierge workers are the best assets of this hotel. The hotel is connected to The Marina Mall which it large & getting around is easy with allot of cabs & the Sky Train near by. The biggest disappointment were the very rude staff in the Mazina Restaurant where breakfast was served each day & the check-out receptionist. The girl didn't say a single word to me when I was checkout. No "how was your stay" or anything. Just a typical Asian nod. Maybe I chose the wrong time of year to pass thru Dubai as it was Ramadan & things were very limited.

Room Tip: Even the Deluxe Room (standard) are excellent in size
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2011

This has been my first time at tThe Address in Marina Dubai (I had previously stayed at the same chain hotels, Downtown and Dubai Mall. Like the others, it is simply excellent. From valet service, to reception, room service, the laundry service, breakfast, lunch, the spa, the bar in the lobby, the swimming pool, the gym area.... they were all at the top. An excellent choice if you want to stay in Dubai but have to commute to Abu Dhabi, as it sits quite outside the trafficked strip of downtown Dubai. But it is good choice also to wander around Marina Dubai. The swimming pool is really nice (see photos), the gym is spacious and modern, the spa was excellent.... you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms overlooking the swimming pool, the view is much nicer than on the other side. My r...