“Great for night shopping”
Review of Meena Bazaar

Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Cape Town Central, South Africa
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great for night shopping”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We enjoyed our walks through Meena Bazaar in the evening. Lots of bargains for eastern wear and mostly clothing. People are quite friendly in general with the odd exceptions. Hard to find toilets here. I would go back on my next trip to Dubai.

Visited September 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Santoba Tailors”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Just come back from Dubai and having researched tailors, one name always came up in all my searches "Santoba Tailors".
I had my own suit material and I popped in late on a Tuesday and Rajesh and the team were fantastic in dealing with me!
Even though I went in to get a suit made, I walked out with another 3 piece suit and custom shirt on top, and all was done within 48 hours!!!!! Cannot argue with that! :)

Santoba are highly recommended to anyone wanting stylish clothes made while in Dubai, make sure you pop in and have a look at their samples!

6 Thank Amrit N
Derby, United Kingdom
191 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 232 helpful votes
“mmmmm not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have been to this bazaar a couple of times in the past 3 years and it was full of bargains and great customer service from the tailoring companies based there.

It has started to look a bit down trodden and sad and there were not many customers around last week and I'm wondering what has caused this. Business is very competitive in this general part of town so maybe that's it. It was certainly very busy outside the bazaar.

Sad to see the decline.

2 Thank joy l
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Excellent area for good genuine bargains of good brands.”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic place to get bargains.
Best seen after 6pm when it gets dark as the whole area comes to life.
We got cheap aftershaves and perfumes at discount prices of well known brands and they were genuine.
Don't be afraid to follow some of the people to their shops for bargains. Be prepared to haggle! You can get a real bargain if you know how.
Replicas of watches and bags are available but due to the law they have to tell you if it is fake or not.

5 Thank Veer1982
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“meena Bazaar ( lot of hype)”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was in Dubai for five days in October 2013.Visited Meena Bazaar. Lot of atmosphere and good food at the Sind Punjab. However I was not impressed by any of the clothes /saree shops. I visit India yearly and am well familiar with the shopping in Bangalore that is simply fablous. Sadly Meena bazaar has outdated garish stuff that was worn in the 80's . A lot of people are falling for the hype of mena bazaar and buying clothes just to say that they have been there.
Go and see the bazaar but my advice is if you want quality and up to the minute fashionable sarees and Anarkalis /salwars go to India .

Visited October 2013