“Worst hotel service”

Media city
United Arab Emirates
Phone: +9714 427 1000
www.mediaonehotel.com

Lets not talk about the food and bar poor selection and service of the hotel for now.

The incident happened out side the lobby of Media one hotel Dubai 11 June 2014 to pick my car from valet, something unexpected happened by one of valet parking staff when i approached to the valet counter – an insult with aggressive, offensive and loud rude manner he shout at me to go and collect my car by my self from the multi storey car park which is located in the back of the Hotel. To extent i wouldn't mind to go and pick it but the staff action toward me i couldn't tolerate, Let me be clear am not the person who completely agree with age-old rule that notion! “The customer is always right”. I’m here today to share my bad experience as a customer I was verbally insulted in front of my friends and colleague. This really upset me knowing he crossed the line additionally as a women it makes me like am powerless or defenseless", it was a shocking experience such kind of service to find in 4star hotel in Dubai.
Honestly it seems racial or gender discrimination, i had to demand to see the duty manager and had to explain the situation then the duty manager instead of handling it he gave me the valet parking guy full name and advised me to contact top management through Email, This is very unprofessional and complete failure.
I devastated by what happened, and doubts am the first customer to be victim to this kind of insult. Now, i hope whoever read this please "People do not accept employees slandering their patrons in any way, race, or gender, "

"I feel bad for him that his employer(the hotel) obviously didn't train him well enough, and I hope the hotel management understand this is not at all acceptable by any guest, "

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bella E
MediaOneHotel, Director of Marketing Communications at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Bella E,

We would sincerely like to apologise for the experience you had with the valet service at Media One Hotel on June 11th.

Although this service is outsourced to another company we do require them to convey a professional customer service to reflect the Media One values.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we need to ensure this never happens again. We would appreciate if you could contact either the General Manager [Mark Lee] or myself [ Sally Meech] directly as we take these complaints very seriously.
Looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Best regards
Sally

Write a ReviewReviews (3,242)

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is my second stay in this hotel, and both stays were not special in all honestly they were closer to being bad!!! It's a very business oriented hotel, not personal at all.
The location is not great unless you target media city or jabal ali area, reasonable accessibility to taxi's but not to most convenient..

Personally I would not stay in there unless I have to....

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank waleedma
MediaOneHotel, Community Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear waleedma,

Thank you for your comments. We strive hard to ensure that each guest's experience is personalized, memorable and enjoyable. We are oriented towards our GUESTS - whether they are here for business or leisure and we love when they feel the vibrant and fresh atmosphere at Media One.

Let us change your mind and we'll ensure that you next experience with Media One is much more personable and we are sure that you'll leave delighted and pleased.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed here twice recently. The hotel is modern and aimed at a younger crowd with a lot of emphasis on nightlife. The 8th floor deck is good and worth a visit but most of the seats are reserved in advance. The rooms are OK, very comfortable but nothing special. Location is good for the Marina area and the Palm. Free drink on Monday for men in the bar is a good idea but breakfast buffet is expensive and the cafe on the lobby level doesn't open early enough. There was no option on a Friday morning for breakfast until 9am.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Martin H
MediaOneHotel, Community Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate it and we hope to see you again at Media One and provide you with an even better experience. We are sure that we can make it spectacular this time.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I live in Dubai and out of all the hotels in the city, this is by far the best. Not for opulence or 5 star presentation, but for service, friendliness and value. From the moment you walk in, you are greeted by friendly valet staff. Take a right into Zone Bar and Luca the Manager and all of his staff are more than happy to make you feel welcome. Each night has a different theme and Da Sendri the DJ delivers each time. Great service with he best smile.
Go to reception where Ilya and the rest of the team work heir magic to make your life as easy as possible.
Head straight to Cafe M for cheese and wine night. Leona always makes me feel special and yet again, the service is faultless.
Brunch on a Friday evening is one of the best on Dubai. Great food and Chenai and her team are so attentive that I always come back for more.
Dek on 8 has some amazing events and the atmosphere changes from relaxed to electric depending on the event. Nica, Norbi, Ferdi and the guys work their socks off to make sure everyone is looked after.
An added bonus is Martha who works tirelessly to make sure the events run smoothly and the guests are made to feel extra special. A definite plus in the Media One team.
As an aside, I am a genuine client who spends a lot of time here. I cannot recommend this venue highly enough..

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Dannykwang
MediaOneHotel, General Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear Dannykwang,

I would like to thank you for your exceptional review. I am happy to read that you are a loyal guest and you enjoyed the time spent in our outlets.
I was also pleased to see that you found the food and service good value for money. I will make sure to pass your good words to our Food & Beverage staff.
We hope we will have the pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel and we will make sure to make your experience a memorable one!

Looking forward in welcoming you back soon at Media One Hotel!
Yours Sincerely,
Mark Lee

Reviewed June 2, 2014

A good hotel in an excellent location. Just 5 Minutes walking to Barasti Beach and marina.

It has a nice night club in the 8th floor and a few great restaurants.

You will definitely enjoy your stay :)

Room Tip: Go for see view rooms, they're worth it
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Axix
MediaOneHotel, Community Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Hi Axix,

We appreciate your review and hope to see you back at Media One. We would say: "Good for everyone who prefers fresh, stylish and hip place to enjoy, relax and have fun."

Thanks again.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Nice looking hotel. Fairly indifferent staff and not particularly friendly. But the shock came when I returned to my room late at night. It was vibrating with the very loud noise from the night club on the ground floor. Even though I was I the 16th floor! I don't mind a bit of noise - this is a busy city. But this was totally unacceptable and kept me awake.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Reklawas
MediaOneHotel, General Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor after staying at Media One on 29th May. On the night of your stay we did host an event on THE DEK on 8 and I am sorry that you could hear some of the sound from this event.

I have checked with our front desk team and we have no record of any feedback from you on the night, or at check-out. Had you brought this to the attention of our Night Manager on the same night, we may have been able to offer you an alternative room.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Yours Sincerely,
Mark Lee

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

The staff are excellent , friendly and professional . There are 2 buzzy venues , Z, and the Dek. The food in Z is good but I was not happy that as a hotel resident they take your key if you are having dinner and thus a Tab. Pointless and just creates bad taste, just take the room number. My room (1307) was tiny and no where to put any case larger than an overnight bag. My Rimova took up most of the floor space when opened. The Dek is a club that stays open until 3 and only then does the loud music stop . I was kept awake by the noise which I was not happy about as had an early flight. Use the bars but only stay in this hotel if you want a short commute in a lift at 3 am otherwise avoid it as a hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ian G
MediaOneHotel, Community Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and suggestions as we strive to provide you with the best possible accommodation, service and dining experience.

We appreciate that you enjoyed our service and thank you for such great compliments.
When it comes to things that you didn't enjoy that much we'd like to address them personally and our Food and Beverage team will be briefed about the improvements that you suggested. We are young and vibrant place and we like to provide the most enjoyable atmosphere to all of our guests.

Finally, your room had a storage area in the closet enough to fit your bags but we'll be working together with our Engineering and Housekeeping team to increase the capacity of our storage space in all rooms.