Media One Hotel Dubai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
3,446 results
All reviewsladies nightbusiness tripgreat hotelmodern hotelenjoyed my staybusiness hotelspecial thanksmetro stationqwertyfloordekanishmckennabrunchmarinamsjbr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I visited this hotel for business based on convenience. However, this hotel seems targetted at the young holidaymakers, not business people.

Everywhere you turned there was psychedelic lighting - bright coloured constantly changing lighting, even masses of LEDs in the lifts. It made me dizzy just looking at it. Add to this the constant thump, thump of loud music and it was certainly not the place to relax after a day's business. Even at 5am when I was picked up for my trip back to the airport there was still the thump, thump of music in reception, albeit not quite at the same magnitude of decibels as during the evenings.

The room itself was OK although the glass walled bathroom was rather weird and meant you had to keep the curtains closed pretty much all the time unless you wanted to run the risk of someone watching you in the bathroom. A bit of a gimmick and in my opinion not a good one.

The bed was comfortable and the temperature fine.

I wouldn't stay here again - too old for the wacky lighting and noise! I need something more relaxing and calm. Went out to the Marriott for dinner the second night and that was much quieter and no mad lighting; dinner was excellent - haven't seen the rooms so cannot comment, but would try that one next time.

Room Tip: As far from the floors with music as possible. There was definitely music on ground and 8th
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear ZumbaGirlShoreham

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Media One certainly prides itself on being a unique hotel here in Dubai. Our design is lively, modern and bright. This does not deter from the fact that we also provide a level of service & facilities that is consistent with our hip, trendsetting and fast paced core markets here in Media City.

We monitor music levels at all times and I will certainly check that our more relaxed music style is being played in the mornings.

Our windows are tinted so as to make it impossible to see through to the bathroom so rest assured, there is no risk of people being able to see into the room.

Many thanks again for taking the time to give us your thoughts and if we can assist at all in the future, please let me know.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is a very nice hotel by all accounts; the rooms are spacious and well equipped, the bathrooms are very comfortable, it is clean, there is a lovely swimming pool and there is an excellent choice in the breakfast menu. We also had lunch there and it was definitely worth the price. It is nicely located in the Media City, very close to the famous palm, the Dubai marina and the metro station (even though you can use taxis all the time there because it is really cheap). This hotel pretends to be the hip and cool spot of Dubai and it manages perfectly as far as I am concerned, I really liked the setting, the art and the furnishing. The staff could have been a bit friendlier but I cannot imagine that it is better in any other hotel in Dubai or the region for all it matters. There is a downside to this hotel, and that is the noise from the parties on the 8th floor. They have these parties on Thursdays that go on until 3 AM and I was told that it is even worse on Friday. It seemed that the party was good though, well dressed and good looking people and the music was very nice. So in case you don't mind the noise, or you get a room on the other side, this hotel is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the poolside if you want to sleep on Thursday and weekends.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
MediaOneHotel, General Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear leka9,

I would like to thank you for your exceptional review. I was pleased to see that you found our rooms clean and well equipped and the location suitable for your needs. We are very happy that we provided you quality services and you were happy with your overall stay!
Media One is a hotel for the young at heart and tends to be lively in the weekends by the pool side. Please let us know when you are coming back and we will try to allocate you a room away from the pool side area and where you could enjoy the amazing sea view.

Looking forward in welcoming you back soon at Media One Hotel!
Yours Sincerely,
Mark Lee

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

One of the best hotels I stayed in, my room's view was fantastic, very quiet, clean and fell in love with the ambiance.. I definitely would go there again and would recommend it to others.. the art work in reception was awesome.. the open buffet was stuffy and delicious .. loved the music played in the background in the pool..

• Stayed: September 2013
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Nourhan_Refaat90,

Many thanks for taking time to write this excellent review.
I was happy to see that you found our rooms clean and modern. Media One is well known for being a vibrant hotel that tries to create a different atmosphere by using modern art and great music in our outlets. We are very pleased to know that we are your first hotels choice in Dubai.

Thank you once again for sharing your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Media One in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

First impression is a really nice hotel, very clean and modern. Great location for the Media City!! I had a HIP Room which is quite small but fine for one person!! The door to room 1213 looked and felt like it had been broken into before but I was assured all was good! Internet is free in the public areas but is a charge when used in the room. Disappointing for a hotel in the Media City where they know connectivity is vital. Breakfast was OK. I went at about 09:00 and it must have been previously busy. Queue for eggs, tables not made up… The DEK bar is a lovely area when not too windy or hot. Relaxing place with DJ and a good range of cocktails. Having travelled for a night I checked back into the 10th floor and my room was overlooking Dek, the bar around he pool very noisy on a Thursday night, even at 01:00. While it is nice to look at in the morning, not so good at night!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid lower rooms facing the DEK bar as it is noisy
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Chap 69

Thank you for your 2nd review on Media One.

We maintain high levels of cleanliness and it was great that you recognised this as your first impression. Rest assured your door was safe and secure and we know this through our daily checks on all facets of the room before releasing to incoming guests.

We constantly review our internet accessibility and feel it is inline with our competing hotels; in terms of it being available in our lobby, public areas and all outlets however we will continue to monitor this.

I apologise for the delay in breakfast. We will adjust manning levels depending on occupancy more closely and ensure we do all we can to reduce length of line ups in the MED restaurant.

Our hotel is an action packed property and I have made a note in your profile to ensure you are allocated a room not overlooking the pool wherever possible.

Thank you again for taking the time to review Media One and hope that this stay will not deter you from returning once again.

Director of Operations.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The rooms are excellent but the main disappointment came from the noise due to the disco on ground floor (even when you are on a high floor) and the rather sub standard service with very long waiting time to get served for any sort of meal (dinner, or breakfast).

The location is isolated which makes it not easy to go around.

Room Tip: the highest floor you can get and opposite of the disco.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear DF

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It was a shame to hear of mixed feedback and I apologise that we let you down in certain areas.

Media One is a vibrant hotel and is known for hosting some of the best events in Dubai. With this often comes an upbeat music style. However the level at which our music is played should never be at a point where it effects your stay. We have many room types and, subject to availability, there are rooms that are not effected by music.

In regards to the service levels, we are proud of the team and the service delivered by them and for this reason it would be great if you could offer more information on this in terms of what areas of the hotel you are referring to?

Thank you again for taking time to review the hotel and should you require any further information, please feel free to contact me on luke@mediaonehotel.com.