“Good Value for Money”

Media One Hotel Dubai
Ranked #135 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel twice. The rooms are very clean and modern and the staff are friendly. It was a nice pool and bar. It is within walking distance to the metro which gives easy access to all the major sights and attractions. It is very near Dubai Marina and the Jumeriah Complex, which gives ample access to many bars and restaurants which are only a short taxi ride away. I would recommend this hotel for a weekend stay in Dubai especially if you plan on socialising south of the city or want a short drive to beach access.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear CKAbbott

I would like to thank you for taking time to give us your feedback on your recent stay at Media One. I am happy to read that you had a very pleasant stay and you enjoyed the atmosphere by pool. Next time you visit us I would suggest you try our outlets where you can find great deals for food and drinks, such as Happy Hour, Ladies Night.
We have communicated your feedback to the entire team and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated.

We hope we will have the pleasure to have you again as a guest in our hotel and make your stay one to remember!

There are newer reviews for Media One Hotel Dubai

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great room on the Executive floor, where a limited range of free food and drink is available through the day from breakfasttime. Room design and decor are refreshing, and the facilites are good. Business Centre spacious, comfortable and stocked with coffee, tea and snacks. The hotel is quite close to the Metro, but a 5-minute walk in the heat of Dubai is not for everyone. Staff quite helpful and friendly.

I would stay again...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Michael E,

I would like to thank you for taking time to write this review after your stay at Media One. I am also pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and refreshing and that your experience in our Business Center lived up to your expectations.
We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated.

Looking forward to have you back with us soon at Media One Hotel

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently spent fourteen nights in the media one on a business trip to Dubai. The booking was made by our local office because of the close proximity the hotel offered, next time I will make sure seek an alternative quieter hotel. The media one is all about being cool with quirky notices but the thing that nearly drove me to distraction with the incessant "chill out" music that was piped everywhere, if you are unfortunate enough the get a room overlooking the pool deck you will have the sounds resonating up to your room until 3.00am on weekends and midnight on weekdays. You cannot escape the music in any of the bars or outdoor areas so if you are looking to "chill" as in relaxing after a busy day at the office then you will need to find somewhere else.

Room Tip: Avoid a room overlooking the pool deck.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear gary2909

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor.com

On certain days of the week, THE DEK on 8 is very lively. Other areas of the hotel are also action packed however we do have quiet terrace areas available on our 8th floor MED terrace and outside of our cafe M on the ground floor. Our music levels & styles are never meant to detract from our guests' stay experience and I apologise if in this case it did.

We are certainly a unique hotel for Dubai and we maintain that as a strength. Whilst I realise you said you would look elsewhere I would be grateful if you did contact me on luke@mediaonehotel.com so that we can discuss how we can better meet your expectations on your next trip to Dubai. This is important to us.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Travelled for business and stayed only one night, check in was slick, rooms were pretty cool, breakfast was ok. Had a flight late the following night, they looked after our bags and we had availability of the leisure facilities to freshen up if required.

Room Tip: I was given an upgrade to a sea view, but it wasn't that special?
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Lawsie 26

Thank you for your positive review on tripadvisor.

It was excellent to see that we impressed you during your stay. We continue to strive to fulfill all of our guests' expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Media One in the future.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Located in Media City this hotel is good for business trips and has great facilities and service. The rooms are a little quirky, but well appointed, clean and comfortable. If noise keeps you awake, ask for a room on the opposite side from the pool, as there is a trendy nightclub that operates there most nights till late. Breakfasts are OK but nothing special. The staff are very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank PaulS269

Dear Paul S269

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your experience and we have made a note in your profile to allocate a room away from our pool area which can be quite lively, especially on weekends.

I have passed onto the team your feedback regarding their helpful nature and this is something we are certainly proud of!

Please do let me know if we can assist with a return trip to Media One.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

It was great experience to stay at Media One. The rooms are nice, trendy, a bit small but who cares.
Adequate gym facilities and a very very nice pool area with a nice pool bar. The sun is there all afternoon.
The wireless internet is easy to access...this is not common in other hotels...what a relief. And it works at high speed. Staff very friendly.
Location is close to the beach, close to the Dubai Marina..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ODL2012

Dear ODL2012

Many thanks for your exceptional review!

I am happy that we provided you high quality services and you were happy with your overall stay. I was pleased to read that you found our gym facilities, swimming pool and wifi connection helpful and we satisfied your needs.

Please do let me know if we can assist with your return trip to Dubai. We look forward to welcoming you back to Media One Hotel.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel is just fantastic, clean, amazing room's design and the hospitality is 7 Stars. Specially when I told them that my visit is for celebrating my wedding anniversary, they done a great and amazing arrangements for me and my wife so special Thanx to Ms. Sonya Slama the Lobby Ambassador for taking care of us.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fahad S

Dear Fahad S

It was great to see we impressed you during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to express your gratitude on tripadvisor!

I will be sure to pass on your kind words of appreciation to our Lobby Ambassador, Sonya. We are happy to hear that our team members continue to demonstrate why we were elected Team of the Year 2012 in the Hotelier Middle East awards.

Please let me know if you require assistance with a return trip to Media One and I would be delighted to assist you.