“Brunch for lunch”

Ranked #152 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Abu Dhabi
“Brunch for lunch”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

There was a very large range of dishes covering all courses. These included many different cuisines. All of the food was expertly prepared and nicely presented. This hotel is very food safety conscious under the direction of the Executive Chef Girish Babu.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear BrendaPhew,

I would like you thank you for your exceptional review of your hotel.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed our services and facilities, especially our bunch, I will make sure to pass all the good comments to chef Girish and his team! We are happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back at Media One Hotel

Meanwhile please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel is modern, has an ok location near the palm, and is not bad value for money (for Dubai standards anyway!). I have stayed a couple of times at the hotel and never had any problems, however on a recent trip we got back to the hotel at 1am having been out all day and ready for a good nights sleep. However, although we were on the 17th floor it sounded like we were in a nightclub with very loud music coming from the hotel's outdoor bar down on the 8th floor - this didn't stop until after 3am! My wife rang the hotel to complain and said they would move us but to be honest I did't fancy packing up all my stuff and moving in the middle of the night. In the morning, when I was checking out I mentioned this to the receptionist all she could say was next time please tell us before that you would prefer to sleep in your room during the night and we will put you at the other side of the hotel - gee thanks, however there won't be a next time!

All I can think of is that if they knew there was going to be an all night party why didn't they put us at the other side of the hotel to start with??? Another example of the terrible customer service you can get in Dubai.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave H
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Dave H

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

It is good to hear it was a return visit but obviously we apologise for you not enjoying your stay this time.

Media One is certainly is known for being at the 'centre of the action' and at times, this can affect some of our 260 rooms. On this occasion you were affected by the sound and I apologise for this. I would greatly appreciate if you can contact me on luke@mediaonehotel.com to discuss the matter further and ensure that, provided the recent stay does not deter you from returning, I can be sure that on your next stay you will be placed on the quiet sides of the hotel.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to complete the feedback.

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have just spent four nights in the Media One Hotel in Dubai. The hotel was very friendly and comfortable. The rooms were spacious enough and well air conditioned. The beds and pillows were comfortable and afforded a good nights sleep. The breakfast served on the 8th floor was varied and interesting and the quality of food was good. A cook was on hand to make you any style of eggs or pancakes your required. The pool was a welcome relief from the heat and the 8th floor deck bar was a good place to relax in the evening. The cafe on the ground floor served good quality food and the waiters were friendly and attentive. The cafe offers free wifi which was handy as the hotel wanted to charge for this in the rooms. There are also power sockets available for your pc in the cafe if you are going to be their a long time. Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the swimming pool as this slightly quieter than the other side of the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Andrew050665

It was pleasing to read your great feedback on the four night stay with us recently. Many thanks for taking the time to provide information.

I have passed on all the positive feedback on the food and service in our cafe and restaurant to our Executive Chef and food and beverage leaders and I appreciate the positive comments. We work hard on ensuring our team are interactive and friendly and it was reassuring to read that you found this during your stay.

Please do let me know if we can assist you with any future requirements here at Media One Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is very convenient if you're attending business meetings at Media City - just a couple of minutes by taxi. It's a modern, clean, stylish and functional building; the rooms aren't huge but definitely OK; the restaurant served ok modern European food, but both bar and restaurant played loud music throughout the day which was a little off-putting. In summary, this hotel is a great for short business trip, but wouldn't be my choice for a vacation.

Dear londontraveller655

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Media One recently.

The hotel certainly is in a prime position for meetings and travel. We are also becoming increasingly popular for leisure travelers with our proximity to malls and beaches.

I note your feedback on the music in the bar and restaurant and whilst this is a reflection of our fun, lively environment here at Media One this should never impede on a guest's stay and I apologise if this was the case.

Many thanks once again for your positive comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Media One in the future.

Director of Operations.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Nice Hotel , Buffet Breakfast need more Variety. Room is ok not big. The staff is Helpful. I will like to try again if I go to Dubai. The Party in week end is nice. Near to the beach and the actions of Jumeirah Beach

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Natalia-Arthur80

Thank you for your positive review of Media One Hotel.

I was happy to hear you had a great time and acknowledged the team for the service you experienced while you were here. The feedback regarding breakfast variety has been noted and passed onto our Executive Chef and I would appreciate if you could advise in more detail in terms of what items you would like to see more of on the breakfast menu. My email address is luke@mediaonehotel.com.

Media One is certainly a hype of activity throughout the week and at weekends and it was pleasing to see you enjoyed one of our weekend parties.

Many thanks once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Media One in the future.

Helsinki - Finland
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had the chance to stay at Media One hotel for one night and two looooong days in Dubai during May. The hotel seems to be quite new, rooms very clean and nice, wireless in my room was free and the staff at the hotel did their best to make sure I had a pleasant stay.

Hotel itself was not very close (walking distance) to anything major for my needs, but other guests seemed to be happy with the location. But then again, on a business trip you dont often get to walk around. You need a taxi or a car of your own to move around. The Mall of Emirates is within 10 minutes taxi ride and. But getting a taxi was not a problem during any hours of the day. Jumeirah palm and jbr is within an unpleasant walking distance, at least when it's hot during the day.

Hotel also has a rather large pool with a bar attached to it. Breakfast was sufficient and plentyful (is that a word?) and the gym was also good enough to sweat out the stress of the flight.

Overall I enjoyed the hotel and would not hesitate to stay again for a business trip. For a family stay I would most likely pick another location.

Dear Totti K

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your stay with us at Media One. Thank you also for adding the photos onto the page.

Our hotel is no longer 'new' but through aggressive maintenance programmes we aim to keep our rooms looking brand new and I appreciate your positive feedback on the clean, modern look of the hotel. I have passed this onto our Housekeeping and Engineering teams.

I have also passed on the feedback to the Chef and Manager of The MED restaurant regarding your breakfast and I was pleased this gave you a good start to the day.

I notice you would perhaps choose somewhere else to stay with your family on your next trip. Please do contact me on luke@mediaonehotel.com so that I can introduce you to one of the leisure packages that incorporate Dubai at its very best in the areas of; extreme, indulge, relax and discover!

Many thanks once again for taking the time to review us and I look forward to seeing you return to Media One in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, friendly staff, a bit more pricey than other 4 stars hotel in dubai but the price is justified by the location since the hotel is near jumeirah palm and JBR. Definitely recommend it :)

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Ghennoo

Many thanks for taking the time to review Media One hotel recently on tripadvisor.

Our aim is provide a value for money service to our guests and I was pleased to see our location along with excellent service meant you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Media One on your next visit to Dubai.