“Great hotel in the Media City of Dubai”

Media One Hotel Dubai
Ranked #146 of 551 Hotels in Dubai
Beirut, Lebanon
“Great hotel in the Media City of Dubai”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My mother and I went to Media One hotel in March 2013. The rooms are comfortable and well equiped with all our needs for our businness trip. The rooms are not very big but they're nice and new. The breakfast was rich, you can find many types of breakfast such as english,french and arabic. And for our businness trip we could access to the 7th floor where there is the business lounge (computers, TVs, snacks...). And at the 8th floor we could access to the gym and the pool. So the stay was great and this hotel is well recomended to business and touristic trips and stays!

• Stayed March 2013
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear JRizkallah

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Media One Hotel.

I was pleased to read that yourself and your mother had a great stay. We value this positive feedback as it confirms to our team that we continue to be on the right track to successly catering for our many guests.

Please do let me know if I can assist you at all in your future visits back to Dubai.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Drammen, Norway
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We where looking for a hotel in Media city and selected Media One. The reason for the stay was celebrating a birthday with friends. Short walking distance to the marina with a nice atmosphere in the evening. When we arrived at the airport, a representative from the hotel waited for us and brought us to the hotel. Consider using Maharad service at the AirPort ... They will take you thru the passport control.
A short summery of the stay:
Excellent service...
Friendly staff ...
Nice & clean rooms ...
Greate friday brunch !
We would like to come back :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tore S

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Media One Hotel.

It was excellent to hear that you had a great stay and that you would return to stay with us in the future. Our brunch is certainly a fantastic experience and we are lucky to be in a position where Media One has been a frequent hot spot on the brunch calendar for many Dubai residents and tourists!

Thank you once again for leaving your comments and I will definitely pass these onto the team.

leicester
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very trendy and a great location. Staff all very friendly especially the security and porters.

All food very stylish and very tasty

Hotel expensive but but worth it

Over all a great hotel and will come back and stay again

• Stayed March 2013
Dear grahame1976

Many thanks for taking the time to review Media One Hotel and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Feedback is essential for us to analyse where we stand from a service and delivery point of view and we use the comments to drive improvements in key areas.

We take pride in our welcoming experience and it was great to hear that security and porters were especially friendly!

Please do let me know about your future plans to return to Dubai and if we can assist you at all with making a reservation.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 25, 2013

It was a wow experience.. trendy property.. the theme is eye catchy...the rooms are vibrant and you feel alive.. The service though slow is good..
It was a great pleasure to stay at this property..
Looking forward for another opportunity..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank devverma
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Devverma

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on tripadvisor.com.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed the vibrant 'world' that we are known for at Media One Hotel. We certainly aim to be eye catching and trendy without losing sight of the fact that we need to be a clean, personable, service orientated hotel.

My team and I look forward to having you return to Media One in the future and if I can assist you at all with your future travel plans to Dubai, please do let me know.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at the Media One as we were attending a golf tournament at the Emirates GC, which is within 1.2km of the hotel.

The hotel will appeal to the younger generation with bars, cafe, and choice of music. There is music in the reception, elevators, hallways - everywhere. This is their signature; hence if you are looking for a quit place you should go elsewhere.

The staff is very friendly and endevaour to assisit you in everyway possible.

The omelet is a must for breakfast. The selection for breakfast could be better, but the fresh prepared omelet makes up for it.

The rooms are clean and attended every day as espected. The bed is comfortable, and there is a good selection of TV channels.

Will I stay there again? - Yes, properly if I have to play golf at the Emirates GC.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms towards the pool area as music can keep you awake from the "Deck" on 8th floor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Peter N

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on tripadvisor.com.

I was pleased to see that you had a great stay and found the location close to Emirates Golf Club. We are fortunate to have numerous caddies and players during the Dubai Desert Classic and other tournaments due to being one of the closest hotels to the course.

Thank you for the feedback on the service of our team and I have passed on these good comments. If you wouldnt mind I will contact you on how we can better improve the breakfast range but was nevertheless I was happy to see the omelette made up for it!

Please do let me know if I can assist you with further bookings (perhaps Dubai World Championship in November?) in Dubai and thank you again for taking the time to provide positive feedback.

Aylesbury
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My 2nd visit to Dubai. I am in my late 50's, bald, short and overweight so it had to be the HIP room for me. Well presented and clean room. Good breakfast buffet. CafeM good food/value. Z:ONE bar has great cocktails. DEC 8 bar for night life in hotel.
This hotel is an easy 5 min walk to the Dubai Marina where there are many restaurants at good prices.
Taxi’s to Dubai Mall, Burg Khalifa, Fountains/Restaurants £7. All of the restaurants across the bridge near the Dubai fountains are good, would recommend Karma Kafe (brilliant food and location overlooking fountains).
Good way to get a view from the Burg Khalifa: Visit the Atmosphere Bar on the 122nd floor. Half way up building but do not have to pay the £16 to go to the observation level. Cocktails £17.
I have previously reviewed the Burg Al Arab and would again recommend it.
In Dubai, generally be prepared to spend 30%-50% more than in the UK.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible, we stayed on the 18th floor. 8th floor can be noisy so stay on opposite side...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ElRog
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear ElRog

Many thanks for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor.com.

I am pleased you had a great stay. I am 33, overweight, bald and short so I must admit being surrounded by such a youthful brand like Media One is refreshing, fun and vibrant and I am pleased you felt the same way with our outlets, room categories and service. However, along with a fun approach we continually strive to hit high service levels and deliver a value for money experience.

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in the future with bookings or any information on Dubai at all. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards
Caen
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I always come to this hotel when I travel in Dubaï.
The rooms are very nice and service is excellent with a very nice staff.
The restaurants (2 restaurants) are also very nice with various and good food.
Fitness room and swimming pool are a plus.
Well This is the 3rd time I come to MediaOne and I will assurely come back again the next time.

Room Tip: If you stay in the Week-end, keep in mind that there are some events every thursday night in the swi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Nicolas14Caen

Thank you for your recommendation on tripadvisor.

It was great to see you continue to enjoy your time with us and hence return to Media One time and again. We appreciate your loyalty.

Our team work tirelessly at providing excellent service and it is pleasing to receive positive news from our regular guests. I have also passed onto the kitchen team your feedback regarding the food quality; another area we are proud of in the hotel.

Please do let me know if you require any further assistance with future bookings at Media One and thank you once again for the continued loyalty you show to our unique hotel.