“Good quality / Good price : don't hesitate to go there”

Media One Hotel Dubai
Ranked #150 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Caen
“Good quality / Good price : don't hesitate to go there”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I always come to this hotel when I travel in Dubaï.
The rooms are very nice and service is excellent with a very nice staff.
The restaurants (2 restaurants) are also very nice with various and good food.
Fitness room and swimming pool are a plus.
Well This is the 3rd time I come to MediaOne and I will assurely come back again the next time.

Room Tip: If you stay in the Week-end, keep in mind that there are some events every thursday night in the swi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Nicolas14Caen

Thank you for your recommendation on tripadvisor.

It was great to see you continue to enjoy your time with us and hence return to Media One time and again. We appreciate your loyalty.

Our team work tirelessly at providing excellent service and it is pleasing to receive positive news from our regular guests. I have also passed onto the kitchen team your feedback regarding the food quality; another area we are proud of in the hotel.

Please do let me know if you require any further assistance with future bookings at Media One and thank you once again for the continued loyalty you show to our unique hotel.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Essex/London
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in March. Was initially sceptical, as I usually stay at slightly higher profile hotels in Dubai, but was plesantly suprised. Rooms were compact but functional (reminded me of a W hotel). Overall a good value alternative to the majors if in Dubai on business.

1 Thank EssexFamily55
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear EssexFamily55

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay,

I was pleased to read that you gave Media One a try against some other more high profile hotels and was obviously happy to hear that we matched up well against them. We often receive feedback that we are similar to a 'W' hotel and our design and offering is certainly a refreshing difference in the Dubai hotel market.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write the review and please let me know if I can assist you with any future plans to visit Dubai.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is my revision review, I withdrew my submitted review to be fair with the hotel and its staff because the cause of the issue was resolved.

I stayed for 6 nights here, overall was OK, the only thing was the bathroom was not spotless clean (there are some area in the bathtub that seems to be mold (?)) and the out of 6 nights / 7 days, only 3 days I got my towel complete. The rest, one of the towel (or more) is not there. Toiletries, funny - they provided me for the first 3 days 1 shampoo and 3 conditioner - no body lotion and body wash. Minor thing, anyway!

Hotel is hip and trendy, which in a way was nice - but also caused issue later on. The third night, they hosted party in the pool and apparently my room was exactly at the top of the pool (pool is on 8th floor and my room is on 19th). So, that night it was super loud and clear (if you read others reviews they will tell you the same). This is big issue for me because the party will stop at 2 am, I need a very quiet environment to be able to have a good night sleep (considering the jet lag and time difference), plus I had important workshop to attend at 8 am in the morning.

At 10 pm complained, not solved. Alternative room was offered - but also noisy although lesser. Front Desk told me no other room available, because I was late to complain (should I complained earlier they could provide me another room, lol!!! I didn't even know there will be party).
11 pm talked with duty manager and argued (along with some other guests). He agreed to talk with DJ and reduced the sound. Went back to my room - yup, reduced - but it was still loud and clear.

11. 40 pm met again the duty manager, he asked to wait until 1 am - the sound will be further reduced..... The other guy (that came with the duty manager) was actually asked me to go out for 45 minutes and came back at 1 am (as we were arguing till 12.10 am). Shocked!!! Being a female in foreign country, he told me this - I think totally inappropriate. Got fumed and wrote the review and rated it as "TERRIBLE"

Next day, they made it up, moved me to another room (told it was upgrade - but basically the same room only face the other side), the assistant manager met me, apologized and sent the fruit platter. Then I thought, at least they took action upon complain - although I lost one night good sleep already.

Some reviews said poor customer service, I think depends on which person - I had two in my case that I don't think understand what customer service is all about.... On the other hand, their concierge and porter are very helpful. Bian (hope I wrote his name correctly) helped me to arrange some trips and gave his sincere suggestion. Appreciated!

So, if you stay here and you need quiet environment - make sure you do not get the room at the same area with the pool.... (imagine in 19th floor you can still hear it). If you are a night owl or party animal, this might be a good place for you.

Room Tip: avoid the same zone with the pool, no matter what level it is... I guess room ended with 11 - 15 are...
Dear SylS78

Thank you for the revised review from your recent stay and I am pleased our Assistant Manager on duty was able to get in contact with you to ensure the inconvenience of the previous night's events were handled and rectified. I apologise that your initial time in the hotel was not up to our usual standard.

The cocktail party on our pool decking area was part of a yearly event the hotel hosts and the music was off by 1:15am so I am unsure where the music was heard until 2am but I will investigate this.

My housekeeping manager has been made aware of your irregularities with regards to replenishing amenities & the bathtub area and we will follow up with this to ensure the same does not occur with future guests.

Thank you for your feedback on Bien. He certainly is a valuable team member and regularly goes beyond to ensure our guests have a great stay. I have personally thanks him for his efforts in assisting you.

Many thanks once again for your feedback and I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is probably not the best location if you are planning on exploring downtown or the creek... However I was staying the the Media City area for business, which it is ideally located for. The hotel provided nice clean rooms and I experienced great service throughout my stay.
The bar was very nice and the food was a good quality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Anthony H

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at Media One Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you had a great experience at the hotel and would look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future to once again enjoy our great location, excellent food and service.

Please do let me know if I can help you at all with your future visits!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

VERY POOR customer service.
Rude to explain.
The Receptionist on the phone took 15 minutes to understand what I was saying.

Furthermore if you are on a business trip the travel agent cannot pay them because they do not accept third parties cards, no bill back can be arranged. Only can happen if you pay 7 days in advance.

They have sent an invoice to us so we thought fine we can make a bank transfer instead NOT, they do not accept bank transfer. I mean, a bit of trust????

5 star hotel? I doubt it!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear 142Luisa727

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.com.

I was disappointed to read the comment regarding our receptionist's misunderstanding of your request and I apologise for the inconvenience faced in explaining your situation to the member of our team.

With regards to 3rd party payments, similarly to most properties we do ask for identification, copies of the credit card (if payment will be done through this method) and guarantee forms to be completed. We will revisit our timing required for this and if seven days is deemed excessive we will reduce. This is, however, done to ensure correct & fast flow of billing on check out.

Many thanks for your review once again and I do hope this will not deter you from returning to Media One in the future. Without such feedback we cannot strive to improve our service to our guests.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

In a part of Dubai there is an area called Media City. Named for no good reason other than free lance journalists rent desk space in the area, it is a dollop of high rise tower blocks that overlook the marina at Mina Seyahi home of the Dubai Boat Show.

Among the sprawl of high rise towers, many hotels via for business each trying to attract a different audience. One such is the Media One Hotel which endeavors to sell itself to the Uber Kool. Using names such as Hip, Cool and Urban it gives the rooms it offers different names to indicate their standard.

It tries to be trendy and succeeds with embarrassing success. The airport transfers are carried out using Mini Coopers at twice the price of a regular Toyota taxi and the documentation in the rooms is, in a groovy sort of way, reminiscent of Austin Powers movies.

Designed for the young rich things who flock to Dubai to spend Daddy's money it makes anyone over 20 feel old and over 25 ancient! The receptionist took my passport at check in, noticed my date of birth and allocated me fossil status.

Occupying floors 10 to 19 in the 43 Storey tower block it is never the less an efficient place to stay. Clean, tidy with adequate facilities this is not meant to be the place to take someone for a romantic weekend romp but it is very useful for those who visit the boat show each year if only because it is walking distance from the show entrance.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear BolshyNomad

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay at Media One Hotel.

Whilst we do aim to be different and offer HIP hospitality, the basics of service are absolutely essential to the ongoing success of the hotel. I presume we should take that as a compliment that staying here feels like an Austin Powers movie - as we do like to provide a unique experience.

In regards to the airport pick ups, we do have a different approach to airport pick ups in regards to the Mini Clubman and if you would prefer one of our Ford Flex picks up I will make a note of it in your guest profile.

Thank you once again for taking the time to offer feedback and I do hope you choose to stay with Media One again on your return visit to Dubai. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel is in a good location, near the metro, and the 'modern' concept is neat.

However....

- the rooms are VERY small
-there was dirt smeared on the bathroom door
-the whole 19th floor smelled like stale cigarette smoke, the smell seemed to be embedded in the carpet and furniture
-the bathroom and bedroom are divided only by a glass wall so you can see everything which was awkward since I was staying with my mom
- the door of our room had dents all in it, there had obviously been a fight and it seemed like one person had been hiding in the room while someone else tried to beat down the door. To see evidence of this was disconcerting to say the least. Management knew about the dents but had not taken action to repair them.

I think for the same price you could definitely get something much nicer.

Room Tip: Not the 19th floor!...maybe the other floors smell less stale?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lisa J

Thank you for your recent feedback from your stay with us.

I was clearly disappointed with the comments regarding the room. Our rooms face a strict, thorough cleaning and checking process and clearly in this case we did not deliver to our usual standard.

Our hotel has been a non smoking hotel for 3 months now and this process involved a full cleaning schedule of all previous smoking floors so I will ensure we investigate how the 19th floor had a stale smoke smell.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback and will certainly discuss the shortfalls with my team to ensure we do not disappoint again.