3,823 results
All reviewstrendy hotelbusiness tripladies nightinternet citybars and restaurantsenjoyed my staybusiness hotelpool barspecial thanksmetro stationdekqwertyfloorbrunchmarinajbrpalm
Reviewed December 19, 2012

From the rooms, to the fixtures and fittings, to the art, tone-of-voice, lighting and sculptures in communal areas, the Media One Hotel definitely has W aspirations.

As you'd expect from a hotel that's considerably cheaper than the W, it doesn't quite match the exceptional W standards,however, given the price it does still represent good value.

I've stayed here a few times whilst on quick weekend hops from Doha to Dubai and have always had a pretty good experience. Never problems on check in, rooms always clean and well appointed if a little on the small side.

The pool bar is lively and buzzy on an evening and the cocktails are pretty good to get the evening started.

Breakfast was good with a wide selection to choose from.

In terms of location, it's at the opposite end of town from the airport and Dubai Mall, but it's fairly close in a taxi or metro from Mall of The Emirates. The Palm is close-by as is Dubai Marina. Buddha Bar is a short hop, but Cavalli and Armani Bars are 20 mins in a taxi.

All-in-all a consistently good hotel that represents genuine value for money in a town that's filled with over-priced and sometimes inferior alternatives.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I came with a friend to stay at this hotel, and have to say the service at the reception desk was horrible. It took us almost 40 minutes to check in (we arrived at midnight and got into our rooms a little past 1 a.m.) because of the two people trying to check us in. They initially told us that the room we were going to get will be noisy for our stay because of the J.Lo concert. I indicated I wanted a room that was not going to be as noisy, and that is what took so long - in the end, they put us in the initial room (with noise) and then told us we were getting upgraded (they tried to get us to pay for the upgrade) the next day. We were told to leave our suitcases in the room the following morning, come to reception and let them know that we are changing rooms and that when we got back to the hotel after going shopping, that they would immediately give us our new room keys. We did that, thinking everything would be smooth, but sadly, it was not. We had to wait another half an hour until we asked to speak with a manager, who was great. Sue Chua, the Assistant Front Office Manager, was so good that it was to the point that I asked for her card and that I would be commenting on her (and I normally don't go on and give reviews.) She came in and handled the situation appropriately, but quickly getting us into our rooms, ensuring our luggage was moved to us (she hand delivered the luggage) and provided us with free internet. The added touch was what turned things around for us. Although I think the check in method was not efficient and the staff working at the reception desk were not customer focused, the manager was amazing.

If it wasn't for the manager Sue Chua, we probably would have checked out the hotel and gone to stay at a different hotel. She assured me that she would take my complaints and feedback and work to make the next guest have a better experience.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool were noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Travelled to Dubai Dec 11th for a critical business meeting and decided to stay at Media one instead of my usual hotel Radisson Blu, Internet City. They were helpful on booking my room remotely, as well as pickup from airport was there waiting for me when I arrived. That was the end of the good news. Check in process was mind numbingly slow, despite the fact that it was 3 am and I was the only guest checkin in. Then I go up to room 1122 and the water is lukewarm, cannot take a shower ! So I wait till morning to shower. ! Next day when I came back to the room, none of the wet towels I had placed in the tub were replaced ! The following day, exact same thing. They do not replace at all, 5 days later, I have one towel left, so to make sure it's replaced, I put it in tub and soak it. Believe it or not I come in in the evening to find they have hung it to dry, to make me re use it !

Additionally, the hotel has Disco nite every Tueday evening, so it is completely impossible to work at night. Never mind that its a business hotel, not a beachside resort. The service in the breakfast area is terrible, you literally have to chase down a waiter to get you coffee. One the last day I go shopping and have a tonne of bags so I leave them at reception to get the, carried up for me to my room, and I had to wait 1 hour, make 2 calls to convince them to bring my bags up.

All in all the worst hotel I have stayed in Dubai, I do not recommend anyone stay there if they are travelling for business, or expect much in terms of service.

Room Tip: Do not select room that is on same side as the pool, they have disco night 2 times a week.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Agatha G
Reviewed December 12, 2012

it s a very nice hotel, 10 minutes walk to the nearest metro station, ultra modern decoration & design, clean enough as 4 *, a bit expensive , near the palm, but you don t have a view, its blocked by a building they have good staffs, rooms a bit small

Room Tip: choosed a hip room, try to get bigger one
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Excellent room, great staff and facilities at a great price. Pool bar was great, located a bit off the main drag but a great hotel. Modern, bright and got a good nights sleep! I enjoyed my stay and would stay again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo