“Good Option”

Ranked #149 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Cape Town
“Good Option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed at Media One for a week on arriving in Dubai for a spell of work, as there were no serviced apartments available in the vicinity of our office.
The staff were all friendly, the breakfast was very good, and the rooms were modern, clean and very up to date and fashionable, with a good bathroom.
There isn't much around the hotel - the hotel is a five minute walk from the marina - which is a great place to stroll around in the evening, but otherwise everything else will need a car or a taxi.
Had a good view from my window towards the Gulf and the palm.

Room Tip: Sea view, as high as possible
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Mark Cape Town

We are pleased to here you had a pleseant stay at Media One Hotel and rated us highly.

It is good to hear the staff were friendly and the breakfast was very good - we will share these comments with the team.

We have varying comments about the bathrooms so it was good to hear you found them good and fashionable.

We hope if you visit Dubai again Media One will be your hotel of choice.

Operations Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have stayed at Media One a few times. The rooms are small but well designed & the staff are friendly and helpful. Not the best location as there is no beach but it's not far from the public beach's at Jumeriah

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LBoss72
dear larissa 1234

We are pleased to hear you are one of our regular guests and enjoy your time with the team at Media One!

Hoping to welcome you back very soon

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed here for 1.5 nights.
My room was very clean, well decorated and new.
Staff is very helpful, breakfast buffet is rich and its very close to Dubai Marina.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dear eit2103

thank you for your positive coments regarding your stay with Media One hotel.

We are pleased the location suited you and you enjoyed the service from our staff.

Your comments will be shared

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I paid for a package deal which was supposed to have included a steak buffet for two, breakfast for two, and next day brunch for 2. I was told at reception because my friend only had Australian identification he would not be counted as a second guest therefore all the perks would only be for one person with no compensation or refund. I said that a local friend could join me for these with local ID, then she claimed that the breakfast and brunch was actually only for 1 person despite my email clearly indicating for 2 people! They pretty much scammed me and cheated there. I had only checked my email after I returned home for this. I pretty much took her word since I didn't imagine they would lie to my face.
Checkin was a horrible experience, their reception desk is right infront of a bar blasting out music so loud neither me nor the receptionist could hear each other. She then had the nerve to give me attitude over not hearing me despite that this is their problem? She actually huffed when I asked her to repeat a question since I have hearing problems and the music was so loud. She huffed loudly and paused, then gave me a dirty look like I was stupid and then continued to answer me. Overall was a nightmare to deal with, very rude.
Also, the room service food was horrible was well. I've stayed in two star motorway hotels in the UK that offered better quality room service food.

The rooms are great considering how much you pay. Good sized and great quality. Great value for money in that aspect. They are as good as some five stars I've been in. Only thing that might deter people is the music coming from the outdoor bar, but I expected that so it was not much of an issue.
Overall rooms are great, but the experience and being scammed at checkin will ensure I never go back. I suggest you double check your package before booking anything to ensure what you are getting.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank F M
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear F M

Thank you for your detailed feedback….. without it we cannot continue to improve our services to our guests.

I was pleased to hear that you found our rooms value for money but I was saddened to hear some of the other service levels you experienced.

I would love to get in touch with you to get further information on your stay. Please let me know the best way to do so.
My contact number is Dubai 4271000 and email luke@mediaonehotel.com

Best regards

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

well the design is what gets ur attention first,

its really nice, makes you feel like being in a disco club,

its a nice hotel, very hip , just beside the media city and very close to the marina where everything is happening

well in short i would recommend it, if you like new designs

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kgeresy
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Dear kgeresy

It is good to hear that you enjoyed the design of our hotel. It is very modern and minimalistic and appeals to the young at heart.

We are lucky that we also have a great location for the new Dubai and your are correct that we are very close by to the buzz of Dubai Marina.

for corporate travel it is ideal for people with business in Dubai Media City, Internet City, Knowledge Village and even Jebel Ali.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future to Dubai and Media One Hotel

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel when watching the PGA European tour event at Emirrates Golf Club. It is a great location as you can walk through the metro station to get to the golf hence avoiding any need for taxis. The rooms are quite compact but have all you need and are clean. We had a Friday Night Owl brunch which was very good. I would stay here again if I was going to Emirates Golf Club but wouldn't rush back for any other reason.

Room Tip: Away from noisy outside bar
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear rovingrover_11

thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your stay at Media One hotel.

Yes we are lucky to have a great location adjacent to Emirates Golf Club.

We are pleased you enjoyed the Night Owl Brunch which also proves popular with Dubai residents every Friday evening from 7-11pm.

We hope to welcome you back next time you are enjoying golf in Dubai

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Great location near Dubai Internet city. The hotel is well designed and really stylish. It is close to the metro train line. The messages and themes are very 'hip' and upbeat. Facilities, amenities and space was adequate. Service was very good. But for an Italian restaurant next door, the only other nearby dining options are in the hotel. If you have business in Dubai Internet city this hotel is the best choice.,

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Venkat C
Dear vcchicago

Thank you for your constructive feedbback regarding your stay at Media One.

It is great to get positive comments from a seasoned traveller like yourself as you have a lot of hotels to compare us with and we are pleased to have achieved your expectations during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Media One Hotel