“Citimax Bur Dubai”

Ranked #175 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Seattle, Washington
“Citimax Bur Dubai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Good and Comfortable Hotel in a central location in Dubai.Rooms though small are comfortable and functional.Check in and Check out are smooth and hassle free.Though they offer shuttle services to Dubai Mall and beach regularly ,you are advised to plan and travel.Taxis are availble through out the day and Metro is also nearby.
The Breakfast at restaurant is nthing to rave about but OK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear KRAMA200,

Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor dated the 18th of July.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Dubai.

Regards,

Walter Knight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at the Bur Dubai Citymax during 28th June to 2nd July 2013. Being pretty near to the Airport I zipped down in a cab in approx 30mins.

My check in was pretty smooth within 10minutes or less I was in my room had a good bath and slept on. Their beds and mattresses are way better than what I have experience amongst other hotels while travelling. Being my first business trip to Dubai the experience was brilliant.

I ordered for an Iron table and I gave as given the table + iron for my use throughout my stay. Ethernet cable internet was quite reliable and free in the room. Their lobby wi-fi was fast enough too and free.

I had a morning buffet breakfast spread on one of the days. Decent pricing at 40AED but expected more items to be there in future. Chicken sausages were expected too against the beef ones.

The house keeping staff were quite polite and fast to attend to any of my services. Toilets clean and new bedsheets and towels every day were diligently kept while I as away on my work.

Over all an amazing hotel and good location. I will be back to this if again am travelling to Dubai.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window. Even though you will not open it but a bit of fresh air helps rather than...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank toadityakumar
Dear toadityakumar,

Thank you so much for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel is located about 20min walking from the main tourist attractions of Dubai. The room was ok, but nothing special, especially if you compare it to the Dubai/Arab Emirates standard service. Staff was friendly, breakfast ok. Gym was ok too, they had all the standard equipment you can expect. Lots of (loud, not really friendly) Russian tourists, everything was written in English and Russian.

One thing did bother us a lot, though: the swimming pool was closed for maintenance and they did not tell us, only a little sheet on the door, so we had to go to the beach. The return shuttle bus from the beach was way too small to get everyone back to the hotel and there was only one scheduled. As we had to catch a flight, we tried to get in but got literally pushed back outside by Russian tourists (who were absolutely obnoxious and badly educated!!). We asked the driver and he told us that he would phone the hotel for an other shuttle that would come in 30min. It is unacceptable that they do not respect the scheduled shuttles and provide only this mini shuttle when they probably know its not going to be enough.

It wasn't bad but you can certainly get better for the same price in Dubai.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fräulein W
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Tatiana,

Thank you for your support and comments made on Trip Advisor dated the 14th of July and thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you with regards to the swimming pool closure. Unfortunately during your stay, we had encountered a major maintenance issue and the pool was forced to be closed with immediate effect. I would like to advise you however, that letters have been sent to all rooms in relation to the closure of the swimming pool. Unfortunately this hasn’t take place during your visit.

As per the shuttle, we currently have one 32-seater bus which runs on scheduled time. I will certainly investigate your experience and will ensure that the bus runs according to its scheduled timings.

Thank you once more for your support and again my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused.

Muscat, Oman
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Was my second stay to this hotel. I had always considered this as a good overnight stay hotel. The staff behaves the same as well. Fairly clean in its environment. Was really bothered when all the staff right from the bell boy to the cleaner to the reception desk to the any one who can interact with you reminding you of the check out time. I definitely got irritated.

Would advise you to confirm if the breakfast is included in the price before commiting to any price. The Website I booked , which was the direct booking site, confirmed that breakfast was part of the offer. This was also confirmed when I checked in. But at the time of the breakfast the person at the cafe entrance didnt agree to this and I had to pay this seperately. While checking out the staff at the reception desk also initially confirmed this but then they were finding excuse on to convince me why it wasnt part of it. the Manager on duty(One Mr.Khan) while overhearing my argument with the Reception desk didnt even bother to come and clarify. And it took 45 minutes to clarify this.

So in short, a good overnight hotel but check and verify what is included in the price or spent your time speaking and clarifying this.

Shenod

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Shenod,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor dated the 13th of July. First of all I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused on any miscommunication from our side related to your stay where you had assured your rate includes a breakfast. After investigating your report, I understand that my Front Office team had discussed this with you upon your departure and had shown you the promotion which was running on our website.

The Front Office team had shown you that the website indicated that the promotion was available for reservations made before the 11th of July. However our records indicated that your reservation was made on the 12th of July, therefore the offer including breakfast had expired.

I had discussed the same with our Duty Manager (Mr. Khan) and can assure you that in future, should any issues of this nature occur, the Duty Manager will sort it out there and then for you.

Thank you for your support and again my apologies for any miscommunication or inconvenience caused.

Kochi (Cochin), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good rooms, clean lobby, comfortable bed, prime location, are some of the main features of this hotel. Classified 3 * this hotel has a big disquality. The WIFI is ONLY AVAILABLE in the lobby free. The same is not accessible anywhere on the floors and the lobby is always crowded as all guests prefer using the free service. Genuine check in guests need to keep standing as there are no seats available for them to be seated until called in for check in. VERY CUMBERSOME.

Room Tip: Rooms all look alike but there are some rooms with a little extra space to move about. ASK FOR THEM...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rajesh S,

Thank you for your genuine comment on Trip Advisor dated the 12th of July.

I would like to inform you that due to popular demand, wifi is now available throughout the hotel (rooms included) on a complimentary basis. Hopefully this will restrict the number of people using internet in the lobby alone and will therefore free some space for those guests checking in.

Thank you once more and we certainly look forward to seeing your return on your next visit to Dubai.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

had reservations when I read others review about the hotel,but still we go ahead.. lobby was full of people, dont know if all them are guests. had trouble checking in as theres no availability for the room type i had booked, non smoking. the receptionist asked us if we will accept smoking room but we declined.
Room is ok. one problem was when you took a bath and floor is really wet as theres no shower curtain to block the water. I informed the receptionist that they should really need to install one. I had trouble falling asleep as I could hear the cars passing by, eventhough we are on 4th floor. I dont know if only our room is like that or just like the other rooms facing the road. havent got a decent sleep so I decided to checked out.

• Stayed May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here for one night. we found check in easy and the room was a good size. the hotel was close to the city and they had a free shuttle service to Dubai Mall as well as the beach, which was really useful. the bed was comfy and the bathroom of good size. friendly service as well. definitely recommend this hotel for an overnight stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tahmic,

Thank you for your honest comments on Trip Advisor dated the 2nd of July. I’m pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our services. We look forward to your return on your next visit to Dubai.