“Good Boutique Hotel in Bur Dubai”

Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai
Ranked #170 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just stayed in CityMax - Bur Dubai, is ideally Located in Bur-Dubai area, Hotel is Budget Hotel in Mid of the City. Restaurant is also Good with breakfast suited for all types of food lovers.

Would recommend to business travellers. Wi-Fi in a Room is a Issue, can be Sorted out by Management.

1  Thank Bhavesh B
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Bhavesh B,

Thank you so much for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

Your recommendation is much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you once again.

Walter Knight

Write a ReviewReviews (2,312)

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in September, got a pretty good rate and had an overall pretty positive experience. The room was really clean.. Bit small tho.. The only thing was the service was a bit slow and they needed to be reminded of orders a few times. They seem to have a Ryan air type policy of charging for absolutely everything tho. This really insulted the person I was with and on that basis he absolutely refuses to ever stay there again.. We were charged for ice.. I think this was the final straw for him..
So guess the manager should be aware that a small saving like this can really offend some people and make it seem like ur just money or penny grabbers.. Tho it didn't bother me too much.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, the rooms are clean, location is great close to the metro. And very close to city center by taxi. The place is very quiet in the evening. Nothing fancy, but the price is good. Staff was very helpful. Overall I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The view from the room 408 was nice
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Yulia G,

Thank you so much for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Please advise us on your next visit to Dubai as we are certainly looking forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Many things that will ruin this hotel are a) it's awfully rude staff b) it's rooms with bed bugs c) Noise. First, I call to inquire about hotel rates and the lady on the receiving end quickly requests whether she could send her CV to me for a suitable job in my co. I requested her that I was in a hurry as I was expecting some guests from Europe. She kept insisting on my email address and I give her. I request her for the best corporate rates and she transfers me to a second person who insists on sending me an email with the rates. When I told the guy it was urgent and it would be great if I can have the rate now, he kept me on hold for 8-9 minutes and came up with the figure which was 300/night. I said great and booked a room for my guests. Second, staff has no respect towards the guests and have no shame the way they sarcastically respond to the guest queries. On check-in, there is no bell boy. The 3 star hotel's Indian management expects tired passengers to lift their bags by themselves. Once we entered the lobby, it was bustling with noise. More like a fish market. We saw 3 prostitutes sitting on the sofa gazing at everyone who was entering, possibly looking for customers. It took us 15+ minutes in the check-in line. No one greeted my guests. I help my guests through check-in process and proceed to the room. We enter the room and my guests instantly point out 3-4 bed bugs on corner of the bed. To my shock, i rush to the reception and ask for a different room. The lady possibly from African origin on the desk laughs sarcastically and tells me, it's just a bug. Anyways, I help my guests to the different room. Next morning, one of my 2 guests complains that he had to call the room service 7 times to receive a cup of tea and it appeared that the staff never bothered to say sorry for the delay. I go to the reception and tell the person on duty about the service delay. He simply rejects my concerns and claims the hotel had best of the people from the industry. I ask him if I was lying, the guy says, he doesn't know and if my guests were unhappy, they can check-out. My guest and I felt insulted and we requested a check-out that very moment. The staff comes up with a bill of 390/night which was different from one quoted to us i.e. 300/night. We argued as to why we were charged 90 more than quoted. The staff rejects our claim once again and asks for a proof of the quote. Unfortunately, since it was over the phone, I did not have a proof. I just gave 400 in total and specifically mentioned that they can buy some ethics with the 10 bucks tip. It was such a bad experience and led to a lot of embarrassment for me and my guests.

2  Thank Robert G

Dear Robert G,

Thank you for your message on Tripadvisor with reference to your stay with us.

As you are residing in Dubai it would be helpful to us if you could contact us to get first hand feedback on the same. As from the comment we were not able to get feedback on your experience from our systems.

I would like to reassure you that we strive to do our best for the guests of the hotel.

On behalf of Citymax Bur Dubai please accept our apology for your experience and hoping to hear from you at the earliest.

walter.knight@citymaxhotels.com

Reviewed December 15, 2012

For a 3 star hotel Citymax Bur Dybai is a good, comfortable, clean place to stay in and staff were polite and helpful. The location is fine, a 10 minute walk from the metro, access to shops, malls and a variety of local international restaurants. We did not try the restaurants in the hotel or the internet connection so cannot comment on these. We came for a holiday away from everything so did not want the internet. We had a double room which had coffee and tea making facilities and was more than adequate as we were out all day.

There is a 'lively' bar at the entrance and we were initially offered a room on the first floor, but the staff at check-in were happy to accommodate us to a higher floor on my concern for late night noise from the club. The only slight fly in the ointment was the Air Conditioning unit was very tempremental but as it was December when we stayed we did not really need it on. If it was March to October I would have requested another room.

Overall, a Very Good stay.

Room Tip: There is a loud bar / club on the ground floor though staff were happy to locate us to a higher floo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PSM99
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear PSM99,

Thank you so much for your positive review on Trip Advisor!

With regards to the issue of the AC unit, we will certainly look into it and do the necessary actions.

Please advise us on your next visit to Dubai and we will certainly look forward to meeting you.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed 1 night B&B in Dec in a double room. Rooms are ensuite with tea/coffee making and a big TV. I arrived at 9am from an overnight flight hoping to check in but they made me wait until 12 or pay a half day fee (approx £28). I've stayed in cheaper Dubai hotels which allow this for free! There is a roof-top pool with sun beds and free towels and a bar. They provide a free frequent shuttle service to the beach and Dubai Mall once at 4pm. This hotel is 15 mins walk to Al Karama metro station. There is also a very lively bar with live entertainment at night. The breakfast buffet was good but the hotel was full so breakfast was very busy. It was OK but I've been spoiled by the much better Citymax Al Barsha.

Room Tip: Inside and rear facing rooms are quiet, front and side rooms have road noise but front room have a g...
1  Thank Robjp099
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Robjp099,

Thank you very much for your positive comments on Trip Advisor.

Just to clarify your arrival at 9am. I would like to inform you that generally the hotel does take guests on an early arrival basis by the time specified ie 9am without any charges. However like most hotels around the world when we are running at 90% occupancy there is a limit on rooms available in the early hours of the morning, hence a charge is often an acceptable practice. In most cases where I travel to the UK and have arrived prior to 12nn I have always been charged an additional amount or made to wait until 14h00 when the official check in time starts.

Should you plan to come back to Dubai in the near future please inform me in advance and I will arrange for an early arrival without charges. You may contact me at walter.knight@citymaxhotels.com

Thank you once more for your positive comments and hope to see you in the near future on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Excellent place to stay, very approachable from the airport. Both the resturants sizzing wok and claypot offer excellent choice of menu.

The hotel is quite popular with visitors from Russia so along you do not mind them you are fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the main road, the night view of dubai skyline is impressive
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nnj13
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear nnj13,

Thank you for your very positive comment on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to hear from our customers of the good experience that they have had at CMBD as it is our objective to over deliver.

Next time that you are in Dubai, please do let me know.