“Value for Money”

Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai
Ranked #177 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Not bad - think premier inn standard if you are from the UK. Comfy beds and a decent selection at breakfast. No frills but certainly comfortable. Would recommend for quick stopover due to proximity to old Dubai and the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear seasonedtraveller98,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, it is most appreciated.
As mentioned we are the equivalent of Premier Inn in Dubai, along same standards.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Dubai.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Would like to recommend this hotel to my family and friends,The staff was exceptionally helpful, thank you so much for making my stay so wonderful, I will definitely come back and stay at CityMAx Burdubai!!Cheers, Guys!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear SuhailSageer,

Thank you for your support in choosing to stay at Citymax Bur Dubai and am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay.

Please inform me of your next visit to our property as I would like to personally meet you during your visit.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was book this hotel by my travel agent for our stop over in dubai. I am writing this review from the room. we booked a double room and a twin share room. The rooms are nice as photographed by other members. exactly the same as the user photos.

pros- comfortable bed. overall clean. free wired internet from your room, just bring your laptop and plug it in. free wifi in the lobby. cost! paid $25 australian dollars per person, great value. reception tell me there is a mall in walking distance of the hotel. free water, kettle, coffee, tea, milk etc when you arrive.

cons- no remote control for my tv.our other room did have a remote. no minibar if you use it, i dont but thought i would mention it.wifi in room costs money, only wired internet free so you cant use a smartphone in the room. no complimentary slippers, didnt really want to walk around in socks all day. box of tissues located in bathroom. shower didnt look very clean but still useable. cost us $45 UAE to get from the airport to the hotel via taxi is non peak hour traffic.

customer service- didnt deal with them except at reception, seemed nice.

this hotel definatley is great for a stop over or for a trip to dubai. if you are a couple looking for something nice i wouldnt recommend this hotel.

overall i rate is 9/10

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tamz T
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Tamz T,

Thank you for your true comments on Trip Advisor.
It is always a pleasure to read comments from customers who reflect their experience in the hotel.

We do provide remote controls in all of the rooms and was surprised that there wasn't one provided in your room.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention and I would like to inform you that we have taken action on this.

Once you come back you will definitely notice remote controls in all rooms.

Your opinion is highly valued.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Check -in was a bit of a hassle with us arriving at a terrible time early morning they wanted us to pay almost the entire amount we had payed for our 4 night stay, for an early check-in??? We held out for as long as we could and eventually with a bit of negotiating with what can only be described as rude reception staff, we got a cut price deal and were able to vacate our room early. I realise this could have been avoided by simply paying for an extra night on booking and as most places do charge an early check-in fee these days i was willing to accept it. That aside, the mall of Emirates is on the hotel doorstep. Wild Wadi, an amazing water park is 10 mins taxi (20AED ) away. It has a very generous rooftop pool and more than adequate gym. All the staff from the pool attendant to the cleaners were extremely friendly. It is a 70AED journey from the airport. The room is quite compact but very tidy and is accoponied with a lovely bathroom. Everywhere and anywhere is accessble through the sky rail which is very affordable and is a short walk through the mall of Emirates.

Stay away from the tour guide at the front door!! Well overpriced!

Despite a couple of hick-ups the Hotel would be worth returning to at the price we paid 60AED approx per night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
CitymaxBD, Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear 351maverick50,

Thank you for your recent stay at the sister property Citymax Al Barsha.
We appreciate your constructive feedback and are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcoming you again in the near future.

Management Team

Reviewed August 28, 2012

First things first, this hotel is 3 star. So if you're expecting glamour and 1st class treatment, you're probably wasting your time. The room size is average, clean and decent. Staff can seem distant at times, but they are working super hard. This hotel is constantly busy even at night, so these people are only human and it's 3 stars once again.. But i have to say whenever i pick up the phone, turn around time for my requests (extra towels, iron board etc) are like 3-5 mins at most... So I can't really complain.

Other positives are this hotel is near the metro station, al karama market, cheap restaurants (and I mean real cheap). Taxi's are readily available . So if you're here for pleasure or business - I'd recommend this hotel. I'll probablh come back here.

Free wifi only available in the lobby.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear CriticKing,

Thank you for your true and accurate comments on Trip Advisor.

As you are quite right, we are a 3 star hotel, however we do our utmost to exceed our customer expectations.

Thank you once more and should you pass by Dubai in the future, I certainly want to meet up with you in person.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

my wife and i stayed at the hotel july 20th - 27th july a treat for me from my wife for my 50th birthday.the hotel was great,staff exellent and the food was really nice everything about the place was great we will be back,,,,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ian b
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Ian B,

Thank you for your wonderful comment on Trip Advisor and we are pleased that we were able to make your 50th birthday a memorable and pleasurable one.

It is a pity that I didn't know it was your 50th in advance. However should you be coming back to Dubai in the future, please do let me know as I would like to take the opportunity and offer a little gift to you on behalf of Citymax Hotels.

You are welcome to contact me on walter.knight@citymaxhotels.com

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is what I felt about the hotel
1. check in was smooth with less hassles. They didnt ask for a deposit or a credit card guarantee which was great
2. Room was small but compact with Tv, and washroom had the basic amenities but then when you are paying approx USD 60/- per night dont expect anything extra. It was neat and even thought it was on a busy street had a good sleep.
3. Food was okay
4. Anything else like internet, telephone calls you would need to pay a deposit
5. Advisable to take a taxi rather than walking in this climate
6. They have a gym and a swimming pool
7. Check out was also smooth
Overall a decent hotel and for the price they are projecting they are doing a great job!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jamesmanav

Dear ManavJames,

Thank you for your honest comments on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to read comments like yours which highlight the reality of our product.

Next time you visit Citymax Bur Dubai, please do inform us in advance as I would like to meet up with you personally.