“My stay at City Max - Bur Dubai”

Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai
Ranked #171 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Hey There,

I stayed at City Max - Bur Dubai. It was small but very memorable stay at hotel. It is economy as well in the heart of the city. I have got very good dining / a bf. experince. Their staff is very helpful in every way that makes me forget that we are home away from home..

Really its been a good stay there. will definatly recommend to dubai visitors.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank vishal4488
Write a ReviewReviews (2,250)

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Well to be candid, the hotel is simply unique,but for the arab woman at the reception who is very unfriendly and saucy.Minus her, the hotel is perfect. i enjoyed the free internet facility which is very okay for business travellers.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank ralph j j
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This new hotel came highly recommended from a friend and I was not disappointed. I've stayed on two trips now (3 nights total) and utilized their clean rooftop pool, high speed and reliable free (?) internet, and ate in one of the bars. While the food wasn't amazing, it was still good enough, and the place overall is great value for money. All the decore in the rooms is modern (ikea-esque) and very clean (don't need to worry about milddrew or musty smells here). If you don't mind a 5-10minute walk, the metro also runs by down the road, though there are always taxis outside waiting. Desk staff is friendly and during the hotter summer months the room was only $50 per night - a steal for this modern facility. I do recommend this to friends and continue to stay here each time I'm in Dubai.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Carrubbistan
Reviewed August 21, 2011

its a cool place cheap to spend smart rooms and smart staffs with lots of help

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank willie x
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Rooms: Small
Service: Self Service (not friendly for families with kids)
Breakfast: Average.
Cleanliness: Good
Staff: Good
Location: Great
Value for Money

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Raj S
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Good location, value for money. Booking executive was not well experienced, asked me to pay room charges again while checking in even though payment was made online, later refunded. Room service not offered for breakfast.

Room Tip: Comfortable rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ruthik
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I know its taken me very long to review this hotel considering that we stayed there in Jan 2011. But I've got out my notes now and thought it worth writing something about the hotel.

We arrived at the hotel at approx 14h00 after checking out of the Golden Sands Apartments and taking a taxi to Citymax Bur Dubai. Patrick at security assisted us with our luggage - smiling and helpful. On checking in, the person handling the check-in, despite me giving my details of the reservation, called up the reservation and advised me of the costs. They didn't check to see that this was already pre-paid accommodation that was done through a Tour operator, until I advised them of this.

We then asked if someone could assist us in taking the luggage to the room but we were told that they cannot do this and we should make use of the trolleys (much like the ones at shopping malls!). This is the first time that I had see shopping trolleys at a hotel to take luggage to ones room! Patrick was the one that assisted us in taking the luggage to the room.

Since the hotel is a fairly new hotel having opened not long before our arrive, the rooms were still new and linen etc in perfect condition and for the price that we paid - well worth it. There were no towels in the room, but after having phoned reception for some, they immediately had some sent up. We then set out for the day.

On returning from our shopping expedition, we walked around in circles trying to find the hotel. Since its a new hotel, not too many people are aware of its location.

Positive features - still a new hotel so decor etc is all still intact. Comfortable rooms but no more than 2 adults can be accommodated in the rooms. Rooms have satellite channels - quite a good variety. Breakfast was good and overall layout of the hotel is quite comfortable.

Negative aspects - reception did not check that the reservation was already paid and I could have well ended up paying twice. They also did not give us messages that we received from my brother-in-law. Would hate to think that if it was something urgent what would have happenned. It was only when we called home, that we were told that he had left at least 3 messages with reception for us.

All in all not a bad hotel but reception obviously needs some more training in getting messages to the guests as well as checking the reservations properly before asking for payment.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family