“A great value base, and location in Dubai”
Review of Citymax Al Barsha

Citymax Al Barsha
Ranked #139 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great location right next to mall of the emirates, with metro station 5 mins away. Very clean functional hotel with decent gym and rooftop pool. Free wifi in the lobby, but pretty steep charge for in room wifi. Food and bars at the hotel were a bit ropey, much better restaurants in the mall across the road, overall solid base in dubai

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Citymax H, General Manager at Citymax Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear John C,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay at Citymax Hotels Al Barsha.

There are newer reviews for Citymax Al Barsha

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Good hotel in good place. Near Mall of the Emirates and metro station The staff is quite professional. My personall thanks to Mrs. Leena George. She is very kind, always smile and ready to help. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tatiana274

Dear Tatiana274,

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the special thank you to Leena will be passed on to her.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel through (booking.com)on the day of arrival i called the hotel to confirm. I was answered by one of the reservation office staff and after she got my booking number she laughed before but me on hold . After that she told me that my booking has been cancelled 3 days back?!!
And they are full so they can't accommodate any guest!!!!
I didn't receive an email or any thing related to cancellation. When i called (booking . Com )they told me that my booking just cancelled 5 minutes ago after i called the terrible hotel that is why i didn't receive an email. 30 minutes later i got the cancellation email . Then i ran away to reserve another hotel who respect their costumer. I am really happy that i avoid to deal with such terrible hotel with this kind of poor reservation staff manner. I will not recommend this hotel to any one unless if i want to punish them .

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Aalojayman
Citymax H, General Manager at Citymax Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Aalojaman,

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out the online comments and we sincerely appologize for the inconvience this has caused you and kindly rest assured that this was not our intention and that it was just a one of situation that my team did not handle correctly.

Kindly contact me directly so that I can arrange for you an alternative reservation directly so that I can handle it personally.

Once again I sincereley appologize for the inconvinience caused and I look forward to hearing from you soo.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel would not show you what Dubai is known for, it's luxury, excellent hospitality and beautiful beaches... I really would only recommend it if you are on a tight budget... The area it is situated in is good if you like shopping, but walking around the area doesn't show a nice side to Dubai as it is full of cheap massage parlours and low class restaurants... The traffic is also bad around the area... The lobby is always hectic and full of people using the free wifi and the cheap bars are blasting out into the evening... Very strange with people checking in ... The worst part about it all was it wasn't actually value for money (500 Dhs a night) and the beds were soooo uncomfortable... Next time I will try to get the premier inn if I am on a budget as at least I know I won't have back pain after my stay!

Room Tip: The rooms face other peoples appartments !
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Lucy W,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online comments.

We are in the process of changing our beds in the very near future in order to ensure that all our guests do enjoy a comfortable night in our Hotel.

Once again we sincerley appologize for the inconvinience caused and I would appreciate it if you would contact me directly so that I can make the needed arrangements for you.

We look forward to welcoming you soon to Citymax Al Barsha in the very near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is not my first review of CityMax hotel in Al Barsha. In fact my previous review was very good and I liked the hotel a lot. I stay there whenever I travel to Dubai for work. This time I stayed when I went on vacation and sadly my experience was not good. Let me explain.

What was good:
The hotel was as usual clean and the beds we good and comfortable.
The internet in the room and lobby were good as well.
The room service personnel were nice and attended to my wife and I's needs when we needed something.

What was bad:
When they cleaned our room once they forgot to replace the towels. Not a big problem it was fixed the next day.

The shower always leaks water on the floor. Not a big problem we put a towel on the floor

The power and water cut for 2 straight hours during our last day at the hotel. Big problem.
Aside from the fact that the purpose of staying at a hotel is to relax and have our needs attended to, you know basic ones like hot water and electricity, these weren't. Yes, it was not done on purpose of course, there was an issue with a circuit breaker or something. What was bad was how the hotel staff handled the situation.

Because it was our last day, we had to check out by 12 but due to no hot water and power we were unable to shower and pack up in order to leave and go to the airport. Each time we call the reception they always responded that the problem is getting fixed. When requested to talk to the manager they always responded that he would call me. Never happened. No one was willing to try to find a solution just so that we could check out on time. We felt ignored.

I had to walk down 11 flights of stairs twice and ask for the manager. In the end I got to talk to him and we discussed the problem. No temporary solution, we had to just wait. The electricity got restored but not hot water (which is essential).

All that was done was having our check out time extended to 4pm which I believe was going to happen anyways, because we are not going to leave without at least showering. As far as I remember there were no apologies and no effort to comfort us in actively finding a solution.

It was literally, bad luck for you just wait it out.

So even though I liked this hotel a lot, I cannot say that I will be staying there any more due to how they acted in the event of a failure. I will spend the extra money to stay at a 5 star hotel knowing that if something like this happened there, they would just switch me to another room because at least that would make me happy and confident that they care about customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank George H

Dear George H,

Thank you for completing the detailed report with regards to your recent visit to the Hotel.

It was indeed to welcome you back to the hotel recently and we are glad that you enjoyed the beds, lobby and the room service. With regards to the towels issue and the shower concern we have taken the needfull to resolve this issue.

As for the power failure it was beyond our control and we sincerely would like to appologize for that since it was out of our control and I have noted your comment with regards to contacting our Manager which I have ensured that in the future all related guest concerns should be addresed immediatly.

Once again we sincerely appologize for the inconvinience caused and kidly rest assured that we have taken neccessary steps in order for such incidents do not occur in the future.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hotel and would appreciate contacting me directly so that I can make the needfull arrangements.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Hotel is situated near 4th interjunction of Sheikh Zayed Road - Near Four Seasons / Opp. Mall of Emirates. Good services and has courteous staff. The hotel offers FREE: 2 bottles of water daily and wired internet. Also the hotel has dispenser machine for guests, who wish snacks / water in the middle of the night. One does not need to disturb the reception or venture out. Breakfast also has good variety to offer to your taste buds. I stayed for 5 nights / 6 days and experienced different breakfasts for each day.

Location wise the hotel is stone throw away distance from Mall of Emirates and has different restaurants too nearby - Indian / Pakistani / Lebanese / Chinese etc.

Rent is variable towards weekends (Fri-Sat) which should be normal, as the services offered deserves it.

Hotel is 'Recommended' for my fellow readers...

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms facing the roads, cuz you can hear the vrooming cars in silence of the night
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Khamir K
Citymax H, General Manager at Citymax Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Khamir K,

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was excellent for a stay in Dubai, and we stayed for a week! Very close to the mall of the emirates, which is great for shopping, just looking around and for cheap food if you don't want to eat at restaurants or the hotel every day. We stayed on the 14th floor which probably made our stay even better because we were as far away from the road as you could get. The roof top pool has a great view of the city especially at night, breakfast was excellent and staff couldn't be more helpful. We were offered a town car at a fixed price to get to the airport, instead of having to pay for a taxi and were able to get around during the week with the very close metro. Honestly couldn't recommend this place more for a stay in Dubai.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends