“Good clean hotel”

Ranked #170 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Godalming
“Good clean hotel”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in October. The hotel is new, clean and the rooms are a reasonable size and well appointed. Location is great for Mall of the Emirates and the cheap Metro nearby will take you to Downtown Dubai. Bad points are the free wifi in the lobby just doesn't work, and the shower is very temperamental getting hot and cold intermittently.The rooms are very clean and neat with a good bed, only one flat pillow, good air con, tea and coffee and a fridge provided, which is a great plus. we didn't try the hotel food so unable to comment on that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tiddles12Godalming
Citymax H, General Manager at Citymax Al Barsha, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear tiddles12Godalming,

Thank you for your recent visit and comments on tripadvisor.
We are pleased to read the positive and also constructive feedback which we are looking into.
Regarding the wifi, we provide free connectivity without access code in the lobby and coffee shop.

If your next holiday takes you to Dubai again, we would be pleased to have you again with us.

Sven Drewitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Irbid, Jordan
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in mid-October. The reservation was made for me by the company bringing me in - I had never heard of the hotel before this. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, although the room was very small. Nice location, right across the road from the Mall of the Emirates. Breakfast was horrible, though - very little choice and entirely without flavor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Citymax H, General Manager at Citymax Al Barsha, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Henny2010,

Thank you for staying with us for the first time and posting your comments.
Although we are pleased to read that you liked the hotel and its location we regret that you couldn’t enjoy the breakfast.
Our aim is to offer items on our breakfast buffet for all our guests who are coming from different continents.
Therefore we offer a selection of breads, cold cuts, cereals, egg dishes, hot Indian and Asian dishes, fresh cut fruits, yoghurts and more, all for a value of AED 40 (US$ 11) per person.
We like to apologize if the taste did not match your expectation but appreciate further details to executiveoffice@citymaxhotels.com if you don’t mind.

We hope you will choose Citymax Hotel Al Barsha again upon return to Dubai and looking forward to welcoming you again.

Tamworth
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed 1 night on business, check-in was quick and easy and the staff were pleasant and helpful. My double ensuite room was clean, bright and colourful with TV, fridge and tea, coffee making. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. There's a pool and gym but I arrived late and didn't use them. There's a restaurant and the sports themed bar was popular and also serves food. It's very close to the Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall is about 15 minutes by taxi (another rewiewer has these mixed up). Overall a very pleasant stay, I wish I could've stayed longer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Robjp099
Dear Robjp099,

Thank you for selecting our hotel and posting your review.
It was a pleasure reading that you enjoyed your stay.
Since you had only a short stay with us, we hope to see you again soon…

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I booked 2 rooms at AED300 per room per night inclusive of all taxes and on room only basis for 2 nights' stopover in Sept 2012. I chose the hotel because of the price and close distance to Dubai Mall. It was definitely a right choice!

Prompt and courteous response to my several rounds of my queries during booking via email.

Room and furnishing and air-con air is clean. Room size, though small, is comfortably spaced for the room you pay. Clean electric kettle and complimentary coffee & tea DIY sachets provided. There's a mini fridge and safe. Bathroom is well maintained with clean towels and there's hair dryer which is useful for ladies.

Reception staff and concierge: Good customer service, friendly, polite, helpful in answering to queries. Pleasantly surprised by housekeeping who gave a follow-up call for my request for extra pillow. Bell-boy service was provided to assist in our luggage during check-out, much appreciated.

Free wifi at lobby: Poor connection. In room, free wired internet only; have to pay for wifi.

Location: Just cross 2 small roads to get to Dubai Mall, 5 minutes' walk in total. Very convenient and safe. Dubai Mall - quite a few stores were on sale so my friends and I shopped alot. There's a Carrefour hypermart which you could get your drinks and snacks (and anything u need basically), and a food court with wide selection of cuisine for economical dining. There are also cheap restaurants located in the blocks around the hotel.

Taxi: Wave for a taxi at the street outside the hotel or ask the friendly hotel concierge to get you a taxi from the street instead of the hotel's taxi (ie alike a private car but has a meter) as the meter starting rate is lower. It's about 5 mins' drive to the Burj Al Arab hotel and about 15 mins' drive to Mall of Emirates. On weekends (Thur-Sat), the malls close at midnight, great for shopaholics like us.

Hotel's day-tour travel desk: 2 of my friends booked the Desert Safari tour and enjoyed the tour very much. A discount was given to Citymax hotel guests.

Keep up the good work!

Hope this review helps you in making your decision-making.

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel if the rates is the same given by online travel bookers. There's a pu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank winniecafe
Citymax H, General Manager at Citymax Al Barsha, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear winniecafe,

Thanks a lot for staying with us end especially for the detailed review about your experience.
We appreciate your comments and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you also point pointing out our great location but just a quick note for other travelers reading this message, Citymax Hotel Al Barsha is located opposite Mall of the Emirates, not Dubai Mall.
However Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa are not far from us, ca 15 minutes by taxi or metro.

We hope you had a safe journey back to Singapore and would like to welcome you again upon return to Dubai.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I traveled to Dubai last Month September, had a near perfect stay at the Hotel. courteous staff prompt in service delivery.

Location is great, close to the mall of The Emirates and the in house entertainment is just right.

Room Tip: There rooms for smokers and non Smokers.... if you dont like noise coming from the Night club.. best...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Citymax H, General Manager at Citymax Al Barsha, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Raymondbeebee,

Thank you for selecting Citymax Al Barsha and writing about your stay.
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and even gave us full points.

We hope to welcoming you back again upon your return to Dubai.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I traveled to Dubai with my husband in April this year and we stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. The price was right (about $95/night) and the location was great-right by Mall of Emirates. However, the room was just a bit too tight in space. After I got back from the trip, I weighed the advantages (reasons listed above + good service, clean room) vs the only disadvantage-the size of the room and I'm just not sure if I would stay there again. I'm not the "typical America" who needs a giant room-I just need enough space to "breathe." My husband didn't mind the size of the room at all, and he is 6'4", so to each his/her own :)

Despite my comments, I would recommend this hotel to a single traveler or a couple who are ok with a tiny room. I think the problem for me was staying in the room for 5 nights-it would have been fine if it was just a few nights.

A few other comments:
1) The bathroom was super clean, but we had to get creative to prevent the water from running out of the shower & onto the bathroom floor.
2) The lobby smelled of smoke from the club & bar on the first floor but we weren't down there much
3) The people at the front desk were very helpful
4) We found the location of this hotel to be perfect in that we were 1 block from Mall of Emirates. We went to the mall almost every night to get frozen yogurt or shop at the awesome grocery store at the mall (Carrefour)-checking out all of their ethnic foods was so much fun.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room with a view. Our room had a view of the Burj Al Arab and Burj Khalifa.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amyhearttravel
Dear amyhearttravel,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and special thanks for such a detailed review.
We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and hope you had a safe trip all the way back to Kentucky.

If your destination is Dubai again we will be glad to welcoming you.

Cape Town
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was big enough for me and I loved the 2 bars in the lobby. As a solo traveller I had fun and enjoyed the entertainment and the happy hours, and the fact that the hotel is almost opposite Mall of Emirates is also a big plus

Only thing I didn't like in the room was the shower partitioning. After a shower the whole bathroom floor was wet

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear celmolye,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments.
It is great to see that you also enjoyed our two bars with live sports and live music.

Hope to welcome you back again.