“Quality Service”

Citymax Hotels Al Barsha
Ranked #137 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I traveled to Dubai last Month September, had a near perfect stay at the Hotel. courteous staff prompt in service delivery.

Location is great, close to the mall of The Emirates and the in house entertainment is just right.

Room Tip: There rooms for smokers and non Smokers.... if you dont like noise coming from the Night club.. best...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Citymax H, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Raymondbeebee,

Thank you for selecting Citymax Al Barsha and writing about your stay.
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and even gave us full points.

We hope to welcoming you back again upon your return to Dubai.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I traveled to Dubai with my husband in April this year and we stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. The price was right (about $95/night) and the location was great-right by Mall of Emirates. However, the room was just a bit too tight in space. After I got back from the trip, I weighed the advantages (reasons listed above + good service, clean room) vs the only disadvantage-the size of the room and I'm just not sure if I would stay there again. I'm not the "typical America" who needs a giant room-I just need enough space to "breathe." My husband didn't mind the size of the room at all, and he is 6'4", so to each his/her own :)

Despite my comments, I would recommend this hotel to a single traveler or a couple who are ok with a tiny room. I think the problem for me was staying in the room for 5 nights-it would have been fine if it was just a few nights.

A few other comments:
1) The bathroom was super clean, but we had to get creative to prevent the water from running out of the shower & onto the bathroom floor.
2) The lobby smelled of smoke from the club & bar on the first floor but we weren't down there much
3) The people at the front desk were very helpful
4) We found the location of this hotel to be perfect in that we were 1 block from Mall of Emirates. We went to the mall almost every night to get frozen yogurt or shop at the awesome grocery store at the mall (Carrefour)-checking out all of their ethnic foods was so much fun.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room with a view. Our room had a view of the Burj Al Arab and Burj Khalifa.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amyhearttravel

Dear amyhearttravel,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and special thanks for such a detailed review.
We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and hope you had a safe trip all the way back to Kentucky.

If your destination is Dubai again we will be glad to welcoming you.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was big enough for me and I loved the 2 bars in the lobby. As a solo traveller I had fun and enjoyed the entertainment and the happy hours, and the fact that the hotel is almost opposite Mall of Emirates is also a big plus

Only thing I didn't like in the room was the shower partitioning. After a shower the whole bathroom floor was wet

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear celmolye,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments.
It is great to see that you also enjoyed our two bars with live sports and live music.

Hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great location across the road from the Mall of Emirates.staff were helpful, room was just right size for 2 people, tea and coffee replenished every day, and had mini fridge and safe, pool ok small but nice to relax for a couple of hours during a busy day sightseeing. We had breakfast on the first morning which was ok. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor which had a great view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wills01
Citymax H, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Wills01,

Thank you for choosing Citymax Hotel Al Barsha and recommending us at Tripadvisor.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at #1205 for about a week.
We both enjoyed our stay to the max, room was properly cleaned
every day, staff were kind and helpful.
The location of this hotel were also perfect with 1 min from the
Mall Of The Emirates and 7-8 min walk from the metro station
(if you take the short cut through the mall)

We would love to go back...any day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 414Paal414,

Thank you for staying with us during your Dubai holiday and sharing your comments.
We are pleased to read that you are recommending us with full points and intend to return in the future.
In January 2013 will be the ‘Dubai Shopping Festival’, maybe the right occasion to come back?

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed here twice is year,in march 2 days and in august 2 days, i found the breakfast very good.

In March the people that worked in the restaurant, where a happy crew, i could see that, they where enjoying their work service with a smile!! Also i eat in the restaurant and food was very good!
Everything was different in August people did not look happy anymore
Also i ordered Lasagna in my room, this was so terrible i had to trow it away, together with the so called Caesars salad, with was certainly the worst Caesar salad i have ever seen.
The buffet in the evening i did not like, it was not expensive but even if it would have been free, i would not have eaten it.
I know i should have complained, but i am different, no good so next time i go somewhere else.

So the first time in March was great, that's why i went back in August 24, but they will not see me again.
Also there where a lot off people from a certain country, who where extremely rude, but that is something the Hotel cannot held responsible for. What country? Lets say they drink a lot off vodka.
Ok I complain allot but look at my other contributions here on TripAdvisor, i am honest, I stayed in 300 euro a night Hotel in Seychelles, and a 20 euro Hotel in Bangkok, the hotel in Bangkok was far better!!
It all is in the service!!
And I don't like writing bad reviews, but i just tell what happened.,and everybody can make their own conclusions from that

Room Tip: I think they are all the same, maybe in June till September you should try to get a room that has no...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear wzrox,

Thank you for staying with us again and sharing your opinion.
It was a disappointment to read that your second stay was not up to your expectation.
Although your return was in a different season we regret that you had left with a negative taste.
Most of our guest feedback is very positive and our team puts a lot of attention on consistent service quality.

We would be looking forward to welcoming you back again, giving us the chance to show our true colors.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at executiveoffice@citymaxhotels.com to ensure your next visit will definitely be an enjoyable one!

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The room was very small, but the place is ok if you don't spend much time there. Free wireless in lobby. Free wired Internet in the room. You have to pay for WIFI in your room if you require it. Mini refrigerator and safe in the room. Iron on Request. I was there during Eid, and it was jammed full. Pool is small but ok. There are better deals around, but this can be a back up when other places are full.

They have an "ok" restaurant, but a nice Sports Bar and Music Bar.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Citymax H, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Addicted2Asia,

Thank you for your recent stay and posting your experience at tripadvisor.com
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our added values during your stay.

We hope to welcoming you back again.